DaikichiKawachi

Can the game be completed using a Dualshock?

11 posts in this topic

If so, can you give me any tips on how to cope with faster songs? My right thumb can not move between between x and o fast enough to pass at least half of the songs on hard difficulty.

 

If a peripheral is needed, what is the cheapest one that works reliably?

 

Thanks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard some songs are essentially impossible with a controller on extreme. There is the Taiko drum which may make some songs easier as that's the way the game is meant to be played.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mayadome said:

I heard some songs are essentially impossible with a controller on extreme. There is the Taiko drum which may make some songs easier as that's the way the game is meant to be played.

 

Is there 45 doable songs on Extreme though to get the platinum? I'm guessing probably not. Some of those Namco and Vocaloid songs, even on Normal are very difficult.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

 

Is there 45 doable songs on Extreme though to get the platinum? I'm guessing probably not. Some of those Namco and Vocaloid songs, even on Normal are very difficult.

I'm working my way through it, and I think I'm at around 35 extreme songs(Some are dlc though). I'd say its definitely possible

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/11/2019 at 1:39 PM, DaikichiKawachi said:

 

Is there 45 doable songs on Extreme though to get the platinum? I'm guessing probably not. Some of those Namco and Vocaloid songs, even on Normal are very difficult.


I gave up pretty early. This game is brutal if you haven't been hitting the Taiko drum for the past decade in the arcades. Hardest Taiko trophy list for sure. The Vita game and Idolmaster spin offs are way easier to platinum (if I remember correctly they only require 13 extreme songs cleared). I'd say it's certainly doable with the DS4 controller, but it'll take lots of practice.

Edited by Mayadome
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 11:08 PM, Mayadome said:


I gave up pretty early. This game is brutal if you haven't been hitting the Taiko drum for the past decade in the arcades. Hardest Taiko trophy list for sure. The Vita game and Idolmaster spin offs are way easier to platinum (if I remember correctly they only require 13 extreme songs cleared). I'd say it's certainly doable with the DS4 controller, but it'll take lots of practice.

 

I didn't know there was a Vita game. I'm going to check that out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

 

I didn't know there was a Vita game. I'm going to check that out.


There's actually 3. The V version which is just like the PS4 version except it has an RPG-like story mode included and different songs. And there are 2 Idolmaster Taiko games. They have completely different song lists but share the same trophy list.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, i'm working my way to the platinum. The game can't be completed with only dualshock if you mean clearing all songs.
If you mean completing only getting the platinum, i say it's hard but it's possible.

Main problem is getting the 800+ combo trophy because there are maybe 2 or 3 songs that has that many hits and they are pretty hard even with the drum.

I had to check the DLC searching for a suitable song for this grind and i have it. Senbonzakura in extreme is 8stars and has exactly a full combo 1000 hits, it's only 1.5usd (NA shops sells the songs individually unlike the original JP shop that sells songs in packs of 5usd aprox)

Using this song to grind you just need to full combo 10 songs in a row. If not, in the base songs there's Angel Dream 8stars with a full combo of 700+ hits but it's a fast and complicated song in the middle, you really need skills.

There are easier charts but with less hits for the 10k trophy.

Edited by PieNKEi_
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 10:52 AM, DaikichiKawachi said:

If so, can you give me any tips on how to cope with faster songs? My right thumb can not move between between x and o fast enough to pass at least half of the songs on hard difficulty.

 

If a peripheral is needed, what is the cheapest one that works reliably?

 

Thanks.

err.. you weren't suppose to be using X and O at the same time.. instead tried use the other hand for the triplet or quick swapping.. like left hand for the red and right hand for the blue.. triplet of the same color should be done both hand.. not one hand.. like tapping the right and square..(layout 1)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/05/2020 at 4:20 PM, JunPei_TGB said:

err.. you weren't suppose to be using X and O at the same time.. instead tried use the other hand for the triplet or quick swapping.. like left hand for the red and right hand for the blue.. triplet of the same color should be done both hand.. not one hand.. like tapping the right and square..(layout 1)

Why dont you try using the right button on the d pad and square for the red notes and the L1 and L2 buttons for the blue notes. its what i use and its a lot easier than what you are describing.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.