Qn about purchasing DLC before base game

The_Kopite

I noticed that the Spiderman season pass is on sale for £7.99 at the moment (Cheapest it has ever been on the UK PSN store) and wanted to grab it at that price, but wait until the base game version of Spiderman (disc) goes cheaper. Is this doable, or do I have to buy the base game first and have it installed in order to get the DLC?

Gone through this whole generation and the last without ever having done it this way around lol thanks for any help provided.

22 minutes ago, The_Kopite said:

I noticed that the Spiderman season pass is on sale for £7.99 at the moment (Cheapest it has ever been on the UK PSN store) and wanted to grab it at that price, but wait until the base game version of Spiderman (disc) goes cheaper. Is this doable, or do I have to buy the base game first and have it installed in order to get the DLC?

Gone through this whole generation and the last without ever having done it this way around lol thanks for any help provided.

Nah your fine you can have the season pass and not have the game yet I've done it in the past just make sure the game and the pass are same region

• Like 1

I was also wondering this but about the Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition upgrade.

Does this replace the season pass (no longer in store) and can I just buy this instead and later on the base game? Will i then get access/upgrade of my game to include all dlc trophies?

If anyone knows by experience that would be great!

10 minutes ago, colia100 said:

I was also wondering this but about the Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition upgrade.

Does this replace the season pass (no longer in store) and can I just buy this instead and later on the base game? Will i then get access/upgrade of my game to include all dlc trophies?

From what I understand you have to already have the game and season pass to even get that upgrade I could be wrong though but it looks like the only option now is buy definitive edition digitally or see if you can buy the season pass in the menu of the physical copy. 

16 minutes ago, colia100 said:

I found this on Steam, but I believe it's the same:

Q: What if I already own the Season Pass?

A: Anyone who already owns Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Season Pass will be automatically upgraded to Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition free of charge on November 5th. Users will need to manually download the update on their respective platform store (Xbox Live, PSN, or Steam).

Q: What if I only own Shadow of the Tomb Raider?

A: After November 5th, players will be able upgrade Shadow of the Tomb Raider to Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition by purchasing the Definitive Edition Extra Content bundle which will replace the Season Pass.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MattbluePT said:

I found this on Steam, but I believe it's the same:

Ok so i guess it replaces the season pass so hopefully it will work. Thanks for the answers!

56 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

From what I understand you have to already have the game and season pass to even get that upgrade I could be wrong though but it looks like the only option now is buy definitive edition digitally or see if you can buy the season pass in the menu of the physical copy. 

I read about this but i believe this is if you already have the season pass, so a free upgrade so to say

3 hours ago, Havok_Knight said:

For £16-17 more you could just get the whole game with all DLC in the Game of the Year Edition. Assuming you didn't already know that it is on sale.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-CUSA11995_00-000000000MSMGOTY

Yeah I spotted that, but I'd rather have the base game on disc so that I can trade it in or sell it in the future, but thanks anyway!