Shenmue III have quite a few missable trophies

roshenRUSHEN

I have completed the game, and the game do give an option to go "NG+" with all items but not with story related ones.

To ensure minimal amount of playthroughs, try get these trophies at the perspective areas. 

Technique Master 

High Score Master 

Good Karma

Wild Wild Plant Hoarder

Wild Wild Plant Master

Expert Herbalist 

Rumored Rodman

Rumored Fisherman

Adept Angler

Angler Extraordinaire (estimated to take 20-25 in-game days)

If anyone has complete info on one of the mentioned trophies, please do share here with others.

The number of fish you've caught carries over for Angler Extraordinaire (I kept track of how many I caught in NG+). You also carry over any skill books you had for Technique Master and I still have my high score on the arcade machines I played for High Score Master. When I get to Niaowu on my NG+ playthrough I'll try leaving one of the fishing spots I did in my original game until last to see if they carry over.

With subquests, they do appear to have been wiped. However, I have noticed that I got the trophy for 5 capsule series when I only had 4 in my possession (and had previously had the fishing series until I gave away the white lure as part of a subquest). So it would be interesting to know if the game keeps track of what subquests you've done in the background. I've heard mixed things about whether herbs reset or not, it's possible that they respawn when you sell them & potentially could carry over if you don't?

• Like 1

On 2019/11/23 at 3:53 AM, StacFace92 said:

The number of fish you've caught carries over for Angler Extraordinaire (I kept track of how many I caught in NG+). You also carry over any skill books you had for Technique Master and I still have my high score on the arcade machines I played for High Score Master. When I get to Niaowu on my NG+ playthrough I'll try leaving one of the fishing spots I did in my original game until last to see if they carry over.

With subquests, they do appear to have been wiped. However, I have noticed that I got the trophy for 5 capsule series when I only had 4 in my possession (and had previously had the fishing series until I gave away the white lure as part of a subquest). So it would be interesting to know if the game keeps track of what subquests you've done in the background. I've heard mixed things about whether herbs reset or not, it's possible that they respawn when you sell them & potentially could carry over if you don't?

Could you pls tell us how to get all herbs in Bailu for the trophy? Thanks, really don t know how to get it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KamenRide_DcD said:

Could you pls tell us how to get all herbs in Bailu for the trophy? Thanks, really don t know how to get it.

Tbh it's literally a case of starting right at the back of Shenhua's house and methodically working through, scanning up and down each area until you find them. I can't rememeber where they all were because there's so many, but from what I can remember:

- there's an area on the way to the Hermit's Nest with cow stables, you can get up the hill behind there and find 2 herbs but it's a little tricky to do, you need to be far along to the right for Ryo to actually walk up the hill.

- similar to the above, Hermit's Nest is inaccessible for a chunk of the Bailu story so make sure you've checked there once it opens back up.

- you can also access the pumpkin patch area if you walk from Panda Market towards it (I had the zoom on when I did this so unsure of the specifics)

- quite a few were behind houses/shops, or amongst lots of colourful flowers so you only spotted it if you were going right up to it.

The last one I found was actually by the fishing place, clearly there on the ground, after I thought I'd been round the lake area 3 times already.

Edit: Do you know where the capsule toy machines are for the Chair, TV, Car 2 & Radio capsules or do you have to earn them some other way? They're the only ones I didn't find when I went searching for them in Bailu/Niaowu.

Edited by StacFace92
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, StacFace92 said:

Tbh it's literally a case of starting right at the back of Shenhua's house and methodically working through, scanning up and down each area until you find them. I can't rememeber where they all were because there's so many, but from what I can remember:

- there's an area on the way to the Hermit's Nest with cow stables, you can get up the hill behind there and find 2 herbs but it's a little tricky to do, you need to be far along to the right for Ryo to actually walk up the hill.

- similar to the above, Hermit's Nest is inaccessible for a chunk of the Bailu story so make sure you've checked there once it opens back up.

- you can also access the pumpkin patch area if you walk from Panda Market towards it (I had the zoom on when I did this so unsure of the specifics)

- quite a few were behind houses/shops, or amongst lots of colourful flowers so you only spotted it if you were going right up to it.

The last one I found was actually by the fishing place, clearly there on the ground, after I thought I'd been round the lake area 3 times already.

Edit: Do you know where the capsule toy machines are for the Chair, TV, Car 2 & Radio capsules or do you have to earn them some other way? They're the only ones I didn't find when I went searching for them in Bailu/Niaowu.

TV and radio is on the corner between the pawn shop and sushi restaurant ,i did not remember chair's place tho. Thanks for you reply

SO the trophy needs you to collect all collectible herbs(SHOW RED CIRCLE)in the map ?Did I get it right?

Edited by KamenRide_DcD
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KamenRide_DcD said:

TV and radio is on the corner between the pawn shop and sushi restaurant ,i did not remember chair's place tho. Thanks for you reply

SO the trophy needs you to collect all collectible herbs(SHOW RED CIRCLE)in the map ?Did I get it right?

Yes, you have to collect all of them (every one with a red circle, not just one of each). I also did some subquests which involved collecting herbs, not sure if they needed to be done too or not as the last one I found was after doing them.

10 hours ago, StacFace92 said:

I got really excited when I went to the Pumpkin patch and the hill behind the cows because I didn't get those, but still no trophy :(

Does playing NG+ keep the herbs or do you start over?

42 minutes ago, Kenshin_EvoX said:

I got really excited when I went to the Pumpkin patch and the hill behind the cows because I didn't get those, but still no trophy :(

Does playing NG+ keep the herbs or do you start over?

I think so but it's very much a guess at this stage. On my first playthrough I had trophy notifications turned off because I just wanted to explore and see what I found, so I picked up herbs as I saw them but didn't have a proper search. In NG+ I first thought they started over because I was finding so many, but I'm actually finding so many more in Niaowu where I didn't really pick up any before (but maybe they're just more concentrated in Niaowu because it's a city with less green space?). Talking to other people, some think they carried over to their NG+ and say that they tried to collect the herbs again but they weren't there, others are saying herbs respawn after a couple of days for them and they've been picking the same ones repeatedly. It's possible it depends on whether you sell them but again that's just a guess.

I'll be experimenting with my own saves when I complete NG+ but that could be a while as I'm trying to finish off the trophies in it, and I'll have a lot less time to play as I'm back to work tomorrow and have a professional exam coming up next week.

Oh man the herbs :o I've been searching for so long. Methodically looking around each area and checking each area with a marked red dot. I am in wonder if the herbs eventually grow back and I swear I've picked up ones I've already picked up before (Looking at you 60+ Licorice -_-) and I'm also wondering if certain herbs only come out in certain weather and time conditions being Shenmue and all.

Also quests looks like they're gonna be a nightmare to do all of them as I'm pretty sure that certains quests are only available on on certain dates within the game. I'm 99% sure that the guy at the fishing stall gave me one quest during March (which I foolishly kept turning down to do normal fishing) and then by the time April rolled around the guy at the fishing stall gave me a completely different quest. So quests might be a real pain in the ass which might explain the 0.0% completion haha.

This is definitely gonna be a game where I do a regular playthrough first and then wait like 3 months whilst some absolute hero makes some sort of roadmap guide.

• Like 1

Regarding the side quest in Bailu, I believe there are 10 quest in total. I looked up on the notebook of REQUEST and pretty sure the side quests are:

1. Square Village Small Boy asking for two Capsule Toy Item for helping his grandfather

2. Fishing Contest 

3. Fishing 4 Different fishes (Fish Rod seller)

4.  A guy in Joy Park ask for help on dating the Kung Fu girl

5. Panda Market Small Boy asking for Football ( Gives Fishing Spot )

6. Older Lady Yeh asking for 3 specific herbs to look out for

7. Old Guy (Dont rememer his name), who tells the backstory of the bridge, will ask you to listen to his story 3 times (takes up 3 in-game days)

8. Shop owner in Panda Market ask for  help finding a Mushroom 

9. Pawn shop owner ask help on finding rare Bailu Slik 

10. 2 Kids in Sunflower Square said they saw a ghost (Technically could be the last quest in gameplay order)

Regarding the herbs, I played in NG+, and saw herbs again spawning at places where I got herbs already, but at the end of the Bailu section I couldn't find a single herb at all. I have followed StacFace92 advice, and gone to Hermit area and Pumpkin area for new herbs and gone 6 times from Shenhua house all the way done to Hermit area and done FPS walking/runnning runs and nighttime runs too. Found few herbs here and there but no trophy as of yet. 

The hardest missable trophy is definitely Good Karma as of now. With a guide this game would be a lot easier, but atm it is a pure nightmare. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SimmondsR said:

Also quests looks like they're gonna be a nightmare to do all of them as I'm pretty sure that certains quests are only available on on certain dates within the game. I'm 99% sure that the guy at the fishing stall gave me one quest during March (which I foolishly kept turning down to do normal fishing) and then by the time April rolled around the guy at the fishing stall gave me a completely different quest. So quests might be a real pain in the ass which might explain the 0.0% completion haha.

This is definitely gonna be a game where I do a regular playthrough first and then wait like 3 months whilst some absolute hero makes some sort of roadmap guide.

I experienced the same. The only chance we have to platinum this game is a true Saviour, who will appear and do a Sidequest-Guide. A Real Life Ryo Hazuki, born for this challenge. Who will it be? You? Or you? Who will be the Choosen One?

Edited by Sikutai

I have spoken with one player, who said he is doing a guide in his native language & writing a guide along his playthroughs. I have offered to translate as much as possible as I can, but due to my holiday is over and back at work, I wont have much time to explore the other trophies like Good Karma and Technique Master. I hope we could share as much information as possible in these forums for now

I got almost all of the side quests in Bailu bar one on my first playthrough  (I missed out on the capsule toy quest at the beginning because I didn't realise side quests started that early)

Most of them I just ran into out of sheer dumb luck...but there were some that I remember specific timing for.

In regards to Bailu....these are the ten requests. Sorry I don't have specific times or dates for them. But I do know where they are in Bailu and have a rough memory of how I got them (minus the Capsule Toy Quest at the beginning...which I just got on my 2nd run)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capsule Toy Quest -- Village Square. Available right after you find the bookie. The kid has to be practising Tai Chi for it to show up. 

The Biggest Catch -- Noon to 3pm when the fishing shop first becomes available. Just keep checking if you can go that way as you unlock areas. As soon it opens, go and do it and get it out of the way. I think that area opens up when you have to go and search for hints about Iwao at the Shrine.

Heartbreak Kung Fu -- Find Yang Weilang hanging out in the Joy Park area. I can't remember the date or time I got this. But he is hanging out in the gambling area just outside of Village Square so just keep checking every day. If I can remember a date, I'll post it (I'm sure I streamed it on Twitch or Youtube so I'll comb through the footage and find out)

Future Dream -- I found this around Panda Markets. A little boy who wants you to win him a soccer ball from the Pail Toss game. Again, can't remember date or time. But it was found around Panda Markets.

Medicine Delivery -- Elder Yeh in Village Square. I want to say this came available after a specific story beat. I think it was when we're looking for Mr. Sun that I activated it from memory.

Mr Su's Tall Tales -- Sunset Hill after you meet Mr Su for the first time. DON'T BOMBARD HIM TRYING TO DO IT ALL AT ONCE. You can only ask him once a day for a story or he will fail you. And it has to be day time as night time he won't bother answering.

Catfish Rally -- Tackle Shop. You have to catch four specific fish for four stamps. That wasn't too bad.

Miracle Mushroom -- Kong Mei (Panda Shop). Find a certain Mushroom near the Tackle Shop. I want to say I got this while hunting down the 2000 yuan for the Alcohol but I can't remember exactly

Ghost Buster Request -- Sunflower Grove. Right after you first meet Master Sun, during the day, go and find the kids of Sunmeadow Grove and they'll give you this request.

Fabled Fabric Finder -- Panda Market Pawn Shop. I got this STRAIGHT after beating the major boss of Bailu. I think this one is locked until you beat the main boss based on some dialog within said request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Make a save before each side quest btw, because you can fail them. I learned this with the Biggest Catch request. I got the request but I failed it because I stupidly tried to change fishing location not realising that once you quit out of fishing, you're done for the day as you return the rod. So be careful and make manual saves before each request in case you fail it.

Those are the 10 for Bailu. Don't ask me about Chobu...I think I only got 5 or 6 side stories in Chobu on my first run. I know there is 15 in Chobu but I only got 5 or 6 on my first run through. Bailu was pure dumb luck that I ran into them by just exploring every day. I didn't explore as much in Chobu. Probably because I had failed some of them and figured I'd just save it all for the second playthrough.

Edited by danmann861

4 hours ago, danmann861 said:

Make a save before each side quest btw, because you can fail them. I learned this with the Biggest Catch request. I got the request but I failed it because I stupidly tried to change fishing location not realising that once you quit out of fishing, you're done for the day as you return the rod. So be careful and make manual saves before each request in case you fail it.

With 'The Biggest Catch' it does let you try again the following day repeatedly. I used it as an opportunity to keep fishing towards my 1000 fish as it took quite a few attempts before I got one (I noticed the fish were a lot bigger outside the quest that they were during it, not sure if that's just me). I didn't progress the story, I'm assuming it stops letting you try at some point since there's a 2nd fishing quest.  Saving before a quest is still a good idea though, there are others you can fail (seems that shopkeepers are the exception and you can try them repeatedly, but normal villagers will have you fail the mission if you talk to them again without having achieved whatever it was they wanted. Assuming this is so that you can still shop at those places?)