[NA] Black Friday | Ends 12/3 8am PT

SiC

23 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

There was a flash sale last year, I just think it wasn't that great.

are you sure? i thought it was the year before they did. the year before i believe they did a flash sale and discount codes while last year was like this year only having the black friday. could be wrong but that's how i'm remembering it lol. 

its highly doubtful at this point, but there have been flash sales around holidays that started later in the day. otherwise its looking like there is not even a single new game discount when i check the psprices site.

i thought 'maybe' there would be a chance for a flash sale today because we didn't get an october one this year. although i am in agreement flash sales have been shit for the longest time that i honestly don't remember the last time i bought anything in one. 

i haven't bought anything in this sale either, i possibly would with a discount code. then again i splurged a bit on the double discounts sale which was much better. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

are you sure? i thought it was the year before they did. the year before i believe they did a flash sale and discount codes while last year was like this year only having the black friday. could be wrong but that's how i'm remembering it lol. 

its highly doubtful at this point, but there have been flash sales around holidays that started later in the day. otherwise its looking like there is not even a single new game discount when i check the psprices site.

i thought 'maybe' there would be a chance for a flash sale today because we didn't get an october one this year. although i am in agreement flash sales have been shit for the longest time that i honestly don't remember the last time i bought anything in one. 

i haven't bought anything in this sale either, i possibly would with a discount code. then again i splurged a bit on the double discounts sale which was much better. 

Yeah, you can check out previous flash sales on the PS blog. This is for November 2018.

The discount codes haven't been applied to any sale for well over a year now and it looks like we won't even get a flash sale this month either. Seems Sony is just making it a habit to give us less with each passing year.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Yeah, you can check out previous flash sales on the PS blog. This is for November 2018.

The discount codes haven't been applied to any sale for well over a year now and it looks like we won't even get a flash sale this month either. Seems Sony is just making it a habit to give us less with each passing year.

oh it says that one was a week after the black friday sale. no wonder i don't remember it, after looking at it. as much as that one sucked, its actually better than all the ones we've seen this year.

yeah discount codes haven't been a thing since they were using that video site that gave people codes for watching trailers. which i think the last time for that was either march or april last year, only time after people got discount code codes were from buying ps4 black friday bundles last year. :c 

agreed on that last statement unfortunately. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 7:57 AM, starcrunch061 said:

You might want to take a look around for that. Lots of physical copies out there that people didn't buy. They're not announced deals, but right now, I can pick up a physical copy of Tales of Vesperia at a local Target for $24.99. It's still too high for me for a years-old game, but I'm hoping for a drop to $14.99.

@xh117

...and in fact, yesterday at this very Target, I bought Tales of Vesperia definitive edition for $14.99! Definitely look for a physical copy, if you didn't already purchase it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

@xh117

...and in fact, yesterday at this very Target, I bought Tales of Vesperia definitive edition for $14.99! Definitely look for a physical copy, if you didn't already purchase it.

Nice find! target doesn't list it on their online store though, probably still worth it for $20 at best buy lol

• Like 1