Info about story packs

GunfighterHefty

I recently decided to slowly start to bargain bin hunt to find all these sets. 

Can anyone enlighten me if I need everything from a level pack to do the trophy set? Like for example, I found someone selling the Back to the Future level pack, but they don't have the Marty McFly figurine with it. Would I not be able to do that trophy set? What in these sets makes the trophies available and what do you need to complete them? 

Thanks for any and all info!

All you need is the discs that come with the packs. Most packs come with three discs: the main disc which is marked with stickers, and two blank ones.

The discs that have stickers unlock the levels and characters, and the plain ones are used for storing the vehicles you make within the game.

The actual lego figures don't do anything and you won't need a single one to play the game. However I would recommend getting at least one figure, so you can attach it to the discs and easily move them around while playing. You'll need to move discs around excessively during gameplay, and it's tricky to remove the one from the middle slot without a lego figure.

So to 100% the game you'll need the main disc from each story and level pack. You'll need at least one blank disc, although 2-3 would be more convenient.

In the case of the Batman Story Pack, there are actually two main discs (Robin and Batgirl). You only need one to unlock the content, however it'll be impossible to complete without Robin because he has a necessary ability that no other character in the game has.

Extra characters from fun packs also help to make the game easier, but they don't have trophies directly tied to them. Throughout levels you'll often have to make use of specific abilities to reach collectables, and although there are more than enough to get without extra characters, having access to more abilities reduces the need for backtracking or using guides to find stuff.

Characters with flight can sometimes skip puzzle sections of levels, making things like the Portal speedrun trophy a breeze. Blossom from the Powerpuff Girls is a good one to have

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 2

Not every minikit require the characters that come with the story pack, but obviously they do make it easier, check the guides on PSNP, my alt account did a guide for the 1 minikit with just base game characters, so I assume all 3 story packs should be doable with just base characters, but i could be wrong.