Season Pass slated to begin release early 2020

MandA60VISE

• 2 months later...

Before a new topic on the DLC comes out

Code-Vein-DLC_01-28-20.jpg

Code Vein DLC ‘Hellfire Knight’ launches January 29

New powerful foes await in the first Code Vein downloadable content, “Hellfire Knight.” In addition to new weapons, Blood Veils, and blood codes being added, alternate costumes for your partners are now obtainable from newly added areas in the Depths.

This add-on is also available as part of Code Vein Deluxe Edition, which features both the full game and the Season Pass that gives access to additional downloadable content.

Not a Sequel to the true ending seeing as Jack is there with the MC so it may or may not have Aragami or God Eaters showing up.

• Like 1

Looking through the screenshot gallery in the link that was supplied, it appears that Io receives some daemon paraphernalia that is aesthetically similar to the accessories found in the Insatiable Bloodkin set.  It's difficult to discern if this design is a result of the story, or just a cool looking effect for her wardrobe. 

8nZ37VI.jpg

EDIT

Upon closer inspection, those things in the DLC cover art are not architecture, they're creatures.  I know nothing about God Eater, as I was brought here due to Dark Souls.  I attempted to capture what I am referring to as creatures in the photo below. H6wSohb.jpg

EDIT²

I walked through a few areas surrounding the Cathedral, and came upon this door in the Crypt Spire after the Juzo Mido boss arena.  When interacting with the door, it produces the message captured in the screenshot.

NHDrzUE.jpg

Edited by Gamygin
Additional, relevant observations recorded.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Gamygin said:

EDIT²

I walked through a few areas surrounding the Cathedral, and came upon this door in the Crypt Spire after the Juzo Mido boss arena.  When interacting with the door, it produces the message captured in the screenshot.

NHDrzUE.jpg

The other two sounds like Dyaus Pita and Prithvi Mata... maybe Hellfire Knight is a Hannibal aragami.

Sees the start of the trailer

maxresdefault.jpg

That's a fucking Hannibal and it fights like one.

He fought well, but he - like all others - learned to bend the knee to the Sorceress of the Bloodreign

But beyond that small interject of mine, there is a purpose for this post.  Is this Aragami creature (that I just folded like origami paper, haha!) actually a God Eater tie-in, or is it more akin to an Easter egg?  Because I've enjoyed my time with CODE VEIN so much, if this is a literal connection of CODE VEIN to God Eater, I'll be adding the God Eater titles to my gaming backlog.

Addendum

The challenges or trials feature is really an awesome addition.  I wish they'd do something like that for all of the bosses or areas of the game. 

Edited by Gamygin

6 hours ago, Gamygin said:

Is this Aragami creature (that I just folded like origami paper, haha!) actually a God Eater tie-in, or is it more akin to an Easter egg?  Because I've enjoyed my time with CODE VEIN so much, if this is a literal connection of CODE VEIN to God Eater, I'll be adding the God Eater titles to my gaming backlog.

That armored Hannibal is related to the Hannibals in God Eater and the next two "horrors" as the aragami are called in Code Vein is most likey related to Dyaus Pita and Prithvi Mata and there was more God Eater tie-ins then just the DLC, A Dyaus Pita appared in a cutscene to eat some poor revenants before he died by the time mist came back, Louis and his sister have the same last name as Lindow from God Eater(Amamiya), the "Horrors"'s lore and abilities is the same as the Aragami(Can't be killed by normal means hell not even a nuke can't kill them etc.).

How the "Hellfire Knight" would look if it did not wear armor.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160415025955

• Like 1

Ace work on the investigative detail, @Leon Castle

When all of the information is laid out in such a fashion, it would be a suspension of reality to simply sweep it all aside as just another Easter egg.  I suppose I'll be submitting the God Eater series into my backlog queue.  Thanks for taking the time to clarify the situation. 

Even if Bandai Namco refused to acknowledge the interconnection later on, the evidence is far too damning in my book to be ignored.  To compare the correlation in a way I understand (and have previously bought into), minimally CODE VEIN is to God Eater as Dark Souls is to Bloodborne.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Supposedly the Frozen Empress DLC drops tomorrow, and this excites me completely.  I imagine it'll be structured similarly as the Hellfire Knight DLC (so that means no trophies for those who use that as a purchasing navigator), and I absolutely cannot wait to see the unlocks they may have made available through the Horror Hunting Trials. 

The developers really upped the game's replayability with the Hellfire Knight DLC.  Top-notch challenges, neat and near-immediate iconic skin unlocks, absolutely blitzed weaponry and armour, and blood codes that truly separate the skilled from the not-so-much-skilled.  Typically, DLC in games like this reward the player for simply purchasing the content by granting amazing skills and whatnot without hassle.  CODE VEIN seemingly thumbed their nose at that thought and buried the goods even deeper behind Trial challenges.

EDIT

Another fun knock out of more replayable content.  No trophies, and essentially the same blueprint as the Hellfire Knight DLC.  Depth map, vestiges, and new skins and weapons.  If anyone is looking for help in unlocking the new stuff, let me know. 

Like the Hellfire Knight, the Frozen Empress encounter is over the top!

EDIT²

The third DLC, Lord of Thunder, is currently bugged for me.  I would love to issue a statement on the content of the DLC as I've done in the past, but there is a progression breaking bug that is currently preventing me from accessing the Lord of Thunder encounter.  Regardless, there are no trophies included with this DLC offering.  It is structured precisely as the previous two DLC were. 

Except I cannot access the actual boss.  From my understanding, one of the two mini-bosses are supposed to drop the vestige piece that would allow me to open the final boss gate.  This item did not drop for me, and it has not dropped for many other players.

Edited by Gamygin
Added commentary after extensive hands-on experience with the DLC.