Resident Evil 3: Nemesis Remake 3 April 2020 in coming

DarkLordSHTR

Seen reviews almost in the amount of double digits, from critics and non-critics, in addition to other type of videos by people such as DigitalFoundry, and i'm really not liking the numerous, consistent negatives being said, especially for a game that was in development for 3yrs. There are some positives—mostly in story, unfortunately—but it's been made clear that they apparently don't outweigh the negatives. The common belief is that it's easily weakest and laziest RE remake so far. I pity those who intend and/or already purchased the full game with interest strictly in the (4-5hr) campaign, as all types of early adopters are consistently reporting disappointment, even those who have the original RE3 as their favorite Resident Evil game, favorite "survival-horror" game, and/or generally top 2 favorite games at this point in time. Without interest in the bundled Resistance, it looks like a blatant wait for a sale, which is what i'm going to do. 

Oh. 

A few RE games I didn’t pay at full price were the RE: Operation Raccoon City and RE6. I wasn’t even looking at any reviews. I went to check these gameplay vid and played demo and thought it might not interest me. Never planned to get Umbrella Corps myself. I’ve preordered RE2: CE’s and I’ve put it over 200 hours as it was meant to be replay by getting a better rank, getting S plus, doing speedrun, and some extra modes. Some of my friends I know went to get it just as same day I got RE2 and we all had great time playing it. I’m not going to finish RE3 once and just be done with it. That’s not how I’m going to play, anyway. I can understand for those who are not a longtime fan of it, they more likely wouldn’t be happy to pay a full price for at least 4-5 hours of the campaign. 

I thought the RE3 demo was fantastic. 

27 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

Seen reviews almost in the amount of double digits, from critics and non-critics, in addition to other type of videos by people such as DigitalFoundry, and i'm really not liking the numerous, consistent negatives being said, especially for a game that was in development for 3yrs. There are some positives—mostly in story, unfortunately—but it's been made clear that they apparently don't outweigh the negatives. The common belief is that it's easily weakest and laziest RE remake so far. I pity those who intend and/or already purchased the full game with interest strictly in the (4-5hr) campaign, as all types of early adopters are consistently reporting disappointment, even those who have the original RE3 as their favorite Resident Evil game, favorite "survival-horror" game, and/or generally top 2 favorite games at this point in time. Without interest in the bundled Resistance, it looks like a blatant wait for a sale, which is what i'm going to do. 

I find it best to avoid video game reviews nowadays, so much bias impacts them. Games get picked apart on story etc when all it should really boil down to is; 'is the game fun'!!

This will be ;)

I still can't believe trophy list isn't yet, they are cutting it VERY tight. Is there some sort of reason for this, I have no idea but no doubt once I post this, trophies will be up ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I find it best to avoid video game reviews nowadays, so much bias impacts them. Games get picked apart on story etc when all it should really boil down to is; 'is the game fun'!!

This will be ;)

I still can't believe trophy list isn't yet, they are cutting it VERY tight. Is there some sort of reason for this, I have no idea but no doubt once I post this, trophies will be up ;)

If any other games than RE I am uncertain if I would like it or not, yeah sure, I might just check some YT game reviewers/websites or ask any friends what they think about.  That’s just it. 

Yeah! Thought RE3/Resistance trophy list should be there by now lol. 

8 minutes ago, G4Knight said:

I just received my collector’s edition but when I started playing I realized the trophies aren’t up yet. What gives???

They are super late for some reason. The xbone achievements are up since yesterday but it seems they overslept putting the trophies up. Game released like 12 hours ago in New Zealand lol

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

This will be ;)

Avoiding them entirely to me is a very stupid act, as they are often at times very informative about various types of essential things/details, both in game and outside it. I.. typically act on my own when it comes down to picking up games or not (for great reason), but I've learned a great deal of factual information from the reviews with this game, some of which I spotted in the demo myself and have already listed in this topic. The thing is. . . i'm not concerned with whether I'll have fun or not. I KNOW I will have some enjoyment with the game, and by extension that I'll replay it a few times, but I also know I will be massively disappointed in the multitude of setbacks, like the excessive amount of cut content from the original game (regardless of what the game is being labeled as). Like I said, fans of the original game are universally sharing the same criticisms, including people who love and are pleased by the RE2 remake.

Edited by EcoShifter

8 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

I'm getting error np-32091-5 when trying to start the game. I get kicked out of the game and my profile aswell. Anyone know a solution?

I looked up the error and found this:

"PS4 Error Code NP-32091-5 is a random error than can hit any game at any time. It means that it cannot sync trophies with the PSN, and this error doesn't always occur while you are trying to manually sync the trophies."

So i think it kicks you off because the trophy list hasn't been officially released yet.

Just cleared the game on assist difficulty, have to say that although it's not as good as RE2 remake it's still a decent game. A little bit more cinematic stuff and QTEs, and IIRC the ending part has changed from the original one.

Spoiler

The classic "You want stars? I'll give you stars" lines are gone, but the ending music is still there!

40 minutes ago, BlackSabre500 said:

I looked up the error and found this:

"PS4 Error Code NP-32091-5 is a random error than can hit any game at any time. It means that it cannot sync trophies with the PSN, and this error doesn't always occur while you are trying to manually sync the trophies."

So i think it kicks you off because the trophy list hasn't been officially released yet.

That makes sense. Rebuilding Databade just incase.

Edit tried starting up Doom 64 and Resistance and got the same error, wanted to get a 0% game to delete from my trophy list since that should supposedly fix the issue but i can't... =< Rebuilding database did nothing.  Get the error when trying to sync trophies now....

Edit 2: Deleting your profile seem to have done the trick. 

Edited by Quink666

I don't care for length that much, also, most of capcom games actually don't have such a great length. RE2 Remake was just as short as RE3 is gonna be, and the fact that it has 2 campaings doens't help to say "it take twice as much to beat it", because both campaigns are like 75% equal, different from the original.

From what I have read, the game itself is actually pretty good and funny, but some players complain about the fact that it's too short and it costs $60. Which I agree, however, I bought it despite of that, because I'm not that patien to wait until a price drop, which eventually will come. However, the third installment was my favorite and reading some of the bad reviews even before the game release, makes me feel bad somehow.

However, I would recommend everybody to avoid reading reviews If you already have the game, most of peoplo who actually played said it is a great game, but the duration and price seems to be the reasons of the bad reviews so far.

Edited by BlackSnake1435

6 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Avoiding them entirely to me is a very stupid act, as they are often at times very informative about various types of essential things/details, both in game and outside it. I.. typically act on my own when it comes down to picking up games or not (for great reason), but I've learned a great deal of factual information from the reviews with this game, some of which I spotted in the demo myself and have already listed in this topic. The thing is. . . i'm not concerned with whether I'll have fun or not. I KNOW I will have some enjoyment with the game, and by extension that I'll replay it a few times, but I also know I will be massively disappointed in the multitude of setbacks, like the excessive amount of cut content from the original game (regardless of what the game is being labeled as). Like I said, fans of the original game are universally sharing the same criticisms, including people who love and are pleased by the RE2 remake.

Well im far from perfect and do some pretty daft things at times so you're probably not far off there ;)

I played all back in the day, in just not bothered too much I guess, not quite sure if thats good or bad

8 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Nope re3 wasnt in devolpment for 3yrs. Re2 and re3 were in devolpment for 3 yrs together. Quick google search.

Yeah while you wait for a sale me and the rest that preordered RE3 for 50$ will be enjoying our time with this masterpiece! ?

Btw i would easily payed 150 for this game?

Edited by DividedByMankind

Trophies are working by now, and i'm liking the game so far. Let's see how my impressions will be for the next gameplay hours

I never expected a long duration for a RE game, as I said before, so as it is for myself, no problem at all. We must have in mind, that many aspects in the game have changed, also the locations, there are new locations, some of the were removed as well.

Edited by BlackSnake1435

14 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Nope re3 wasnt in devolpment for 3yrs. Re2 and re3 were in devolpment for 3 yrs together. Quick google search.

Yeah while you wait for a sale me and the rest that preordered RE3 for 50$ will be enjoying our time with this masterpiece! 1f44d.png

Btw i would easily payed 150 for this game1f44d.png

... It was still in development for three years (or nearly so, not enough to coerce an argument over), so yes, what I said is right.

What is the point of your redundant, passive aggressive response. . . While you play your copy of the legitimately half assed "remake" that you finished in one sitting, many other people who have already played and finished the game before you have ended up disappointed, including as I said classic RE fans. Don't misuse words like "masterpiece" just because you have a strong personal liking towards the game.

Yes, that's what is called extreme bias, among other things.

Edited by EcoShifter

I am a RE fan since 1999, RE 2 and 3 were in fact my first RE games ever. I have beaten RE 3 more then 20 times on Hard and even did that again only recently to prepare for the Remake.

Just to show you that not all fans who have been there since the classic era have to be so narrowminded - because I fucking LOVE the RE 3 Remake. I have just beaten it today and it took me about 11 hours. Yes that's right. Because I explored everything, got all collectibles and did all the weapon kills grinding on my first run which is how I ended up with 96.000 points after my first run. Now I got Rocket Launcher and Infinite AR right away and it is fucking awesome.

Even as a fan of the original RE 3 (which was always in my Top 5 RE games) I don't mind the changes one bit. I never went in expecting a beat by beat recreation of the original but a modern updated reimagination of it. And it kicks so much ass. Nemesis is a fucking beast, his presentation was so badass. I loved his mutated forms as well, so much better then in the original. Especially his final form looking much like an Alien Queen from Aliens (one of my all time favorite films ever) was awesome. And while the railgun sequence annoyed me to no end in the original, in the Remake it is one of the most awesome, badass things I have ever seen in a game.

I don't care that the clocktower or the spiders are not in it (The Drain Demos pretty much are the same thing in this game). I loved the story, I loved the characters, Jills characterization all of it. Jill is my most favorite RE character and always has been and I could not be happier with how they portrayed her. RPD and Hospital were amazing locations too and the NEST 2 is without a doubt the greatest lab location in the entire series. It looked and felt so good.

The Hunters gave me a really hard time at first and I died more from them then Nemesis lol. Brad not being killed by Nemesis does not bother me much. He still becomes a zombie and is killed by a main character. People saying that Nemesis is a failure because he does not kill an already infected Brad is so weird to me. I mean the only person Mr.X kills in RE 2 is Ben in his cell. Not much more impressive either is it ? He even gets fucking annihilated by Birkin. Ustanak also doesn't really kill anybody in RE 6. So is every stalking BOW who never kills a secondary, already weakened character a "failure" ? Quite a lot of failures running around in the RE universe then lol

The broad strokes of the story are all there: Nemesis hunts Jill, Zombie Brad gets killed, Nicholai is the villain, Jill gets infected, Carlos cures her, Nemesis is killed with a railgun, Raccoon City is wiped out. That is Resident Evil 3 to me and it is all there. They took some stuff away but also added quite a bit and expanded the story quite significantly and gave it much more depht and meaning.

Yes it is action heavy but also still survival horror when it matters. Much like the original was. The action/chase sequences remind a bit of RE 6 but in a good way actually. RE 3 Remake is basically what RE 6 could have been.

As for the much discussed length - even without my kill farming my first run would have been at around 9 or 10 hours (all cutscenes etc. included) and actually RE 3 Remake felt a lot longer and bigger then RE 2. Yeah you can speedrun RE 3 Remake in an hour but actually you can also speedrun RE 2 Remake and the original RE 3 in an hour too. So I don't know why everyone is suddenly pissing themselves about that. That is classic RE for ya.

Btw I played my first run with the classic outfits and makes such a huge difference. It really gives you that nostalgic RE 3 feel and really makes it a different experience.

I had a great experience with RE 3 Remake and I actually love it more then RE 2 Remake because of the bigger feel and location variety and Nemesis is just so awesome. RE 3 has much better weapons too IMO and a much greater enemy variety.

I have been a RE fan for 21 years and this new version of RE 3 is easily my 2nd most favorite RE to date - second only to REmake 1. Definitely a 9/10 from me.

Now on to my first hardcore run.

Edited by Cloudbahamut
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...