Murfy challenge possibly glitched @ 4095.43 m

ElevExplorer64

So, today I went to play the daily challenge, and noticed that the top score was 4095.43 meters. Looks like we've possibly got a glitched challenge. I guess I know which trophy I'm going to get in the next 24 hours...

To clarify, a few times a year there is a Murfy distance challenge in which it is impossible to progress past 4095.43 meters. @Arkiokin has already played today's daily challenge, and it just so happened that he made it to exactly 4095.43 meters. He usually ends up going A LOT farther than that (I've seen him go past 33 kilometers!).

Yes, you're right, this is a "4095" glitched challenge :)  Unfortunately, this is not an easy one (at least, also not the hardest I've met), the main difficulties should be encountered at 1700m, 1900m, 2500 and especially at 3800m. If you want some video advices, look this topic, and the video I made for the (only) 4095 weekly challenge that occured one year ago : 

To better understand : the difficulty that is at 1150m in the video is the same that the one at 1700 and 1900m today, the 2500m difficulty is the same now and before, and the today's 3800 difficulty is the same you can see in the vid at 2050, 3400 and 3750m (the "alpha"). this weekly challenge was harder than the one today, but you have only one day to succeed it, so...Don't forget to play with a princess (or teensie) character if you want to reach this distance, otherwise you will not gain the diamond cup if you play with globox or rayman : even if playing with rayman is strongly easier than playing with a princess, you don't have choice in this type of glitched challenge...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chettlar said:

Well shoot, there's no way I'd have time to practice this one today.  :(  Gosh I wish it would be an easier one.  But those are rarer aren't they.

Honestly, I feel the same way. I spent the past hour or so trying to reach 4095.43 meters, and I keep dying on those stupid pillar sections. I'm going to keep trying until the challenge expires, but I'm really worried that I might not be good enough to make it in time. In the past year, there have been a grand total of two easy glitched challenges. Who knows when the next glitched challenge will be (assuming it ever happens again).

Yeah that alpha at 3800 got me ?

& like arkiokin said, 1700, 1900 & 2500 are hard, not just because of the setup (rings followed by fireballs) but because u play with princess u must do the rings faster so automatically the fireballs parts get harder (even pillar winds come after so its really hard) 

If necessary i technically could make a video for this challenge? 

11 hours ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

Honestly, I feel the same way. I spent the past hour or so trying to reach 4095.43 meters, and I keep dying on those stupid pillar sections. I'm going to keep trying until the challenge expires, but I'm really worried that I might not be good enough to make it in time. In the past year, there have been a grand total of two easy glitched challenges. Who knows when the next glitched challenge will be (assuming it ever happens again).

For the pillar section, in fact nothing difficult : just push down the first pillar as soon as possible (don't wait your character is just in front of this pillar to low down this pillar) and then low down the third then the 4th. You just have less time to push down the first pillar in the phases at 1700,1900 and 2500m, otherwise it should be a piece of cake (like the one you died at 2800m : really none difficulty at all). However, it's not the same for the alpha at 3800m (the only "pillars in the wind" exception), but if you are lucky, pushing down the first pillar at any moment should also work normally, like a classic pillar phase : anyway, the best moment to low down an "alpha first pillar", is when the pillar is entirely visible on the right of the screen (not before, not after). To have also more chances to suceed the alpha, try to push up this first pillar when the character is above it to give him more impulse : study the video and that's it.

5 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

At least, this challenge had have a diamond (and trophy) benefits for a new player, congrats drikko !

Well ... I've been training for this challenge every opportunity I could.  I really upset Adrua during this time (he is very patient haha).  I wish I could have done it without a Glitch like this, but this challenge was so complicated that the satisfaction was the same ... I was trying for more than 12 hours without stopping until I succeeded.  And in the last few minutes I finally surpassed 3800, so the rest was easy.

In fact this was the only really complicated part to get through.  For parts with fireball sequences, followed by pillars, everything will be fine as long as you move the platform fast enough for the character to hit the edge, so just lower the next pillar and you're done ... Thanks to Adrua for me  put up with and thank Arkiokin for the congratulations!  

Unfortunately other people couldn't make it this time ... but I have been pending this game since 2014 ... there was a time I gave up so I came back now with all my strength to finally get the platinum! Rock Lee spirit!!

• Like 1

And of course, less than a week later, we get a Murfy challenge which was glitched at 196.01 meters. I feel kind of dumb for playing the challenge on Sunday over and over for hours to no avail. On the plus side, I'm so relieved to have gotten that trophy out of the way, and now I've got about two weeks of challenges left before I get the platinum!

Oh, and congratulations @Drikko- for earning a diamond cup on Sunday!

@Drikko- honestly you didnt upset me, i have had people before that were much much much more demanding in the past, besides i dont mind to explain some stuff multiple times, with 'tutorials' as a backup i can easily explain what i do or what im talking about (besides, my phone is getting used to how i write it, so half of the time i can just put the same words after eachother ?)

Its pretty cool to be able to help this way, i feel like contributing to people earning this trophy, and the many thanks i get, is a pretty good reward on its own ?

I have to thank Arkiokin for that, without him, i'd never figure out how these are played, i'd never be able to help people with it, so a BIG THANKS to @Arkiokinfrom me ??

On 30/11/2019 at 8:17 PM, AdruA_ said:

@Drikko- honestly you didnt upset me, i have had people before that were much much much more demanding in the past, besides i dont mind to explain some stuff multiple times, with 'tutorials' as a backup i can easily explain what i do or what im talking about (besides, my phone is getting used to how i write it, so half of the time i can just put the same words after eachother ?)

Its pretty cool to be able to help this way, i feel like contributing to people earning this trophy, and the many thanks i get, is a pretty good reward on its own 1f609.png

I have to thank Arkiokin for that, without him, i'd never figure out how these are played, i'd never be able to help people with it, so a BIG THANKS to @Arkiokinfrom me 1f44c.png1f609.png

Well, thank you very much ! :) 

I personally was in the same way of help a couple years ago, especially with making of all possible tutorial videos on all distance challenges I mastered. And so was rewarded by the diamond of some people who asked me for help. But, I also realized it was only useful for a very bunch of people who were really motivated for improve themselves, 99% of other players wanted to do none effort at all, and worst for some, prefered to send all sort of insults. ("strangely", distance players on other versions are applauded, whereas on vita they were dragged in the mud : the "great friendship power" of the trophies :) )

• Like 1