is the difficulty a 7/10 as the trophy guide suggests?

RJP_X

seems kinda high for a musou. i bought the game during the double discount sale and giving the golden age films a go, didn't look at the trophy guide until now. not sure if that difficulty rating is equated with time spent. as i've been reading about some of the difficulty the game has with the endless eclipse but not sure if overall the difficulty is that high. 

8 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

seems kinda high for a musou. i bought the game during the double discount sale and giving the golden age films a go, didn't look at the trophy guide until now. not sure if that difficulty rating is equated with time spent. as i've been reading about some of the difficulty the game has with the endless eclipse but not sure if overall the difficulty is that high. 

I mean I'd say more like a 6/10 and maybe even a 5. I have the import on vita and the main game finished on an alt account just not this one. The endless eclipse gets harder but if grind enough and get high levels with great gear it's not that bad .way easier than the 2  Attack on Titan games for sure.

1 minute ago, hsn963 said:

You have to finish endless eclipse with all characters, some of which really sucks!

Oh yeah, some team mates really do suck I forgot about that. But get them a super high lvl as well and it shouldn't be too bad. 

11 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

I mean I'd say more like a 6/10 and maybe even a 5. I have the import on vita and the main game finished on an alt account just not this one. The endless eclipse gets harder but if grind enough and get high levels with great gear it's not that bad .way easier than the 2  Attack on Titan games for sure.

Oh yeah, some team mates really do suck I forgot about that. But get them a super high lvl as well and it shouldn't be too bad. 

i platinum'd both AoT games and they weren't bad IMO. just the secondary modes i forgot what they were called, maybe true attack mode? they were more annoying than hard you had to find ways to play them effectively to get past the annoyance of that made, especially in the first game. grindy for sure, getting all equips was a very long task.

38 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

i platinum'd both AoT games and they weren't bad IMO. just the secondary modes i forgot what they were called, maybe true attack mode? they were more annoying than hard you had to find ways to play them effectively to get past the annoyance of that made, especially in the first game. grindy for sure, getting all equips was a very long task.

Yeah it was the post game one taht sucked. Mostly on 1 the dire missions towards the very end of the list. AoT 2 is much easier with the daily gears you get if you stat in top of it lol.

16 minutes ago, Void said:

The hardest part is as they said the Endless Eclipse with some of the other characters. Other than that it is probably a 5-6.

yeah 7/10 range feels intimidating makes me think of shadow of the colossus on ps3 which is estimated a 8/10 which i couldn't do years ago. then again games like tales of symphonia and sword art online hollow fragment got some 7/10 difficulty ratings from guides but felt much less in actuality.  

• 3 months later...
On 11/24/2019 at 0:25 PM, RJP_X said:

yeah 7/10 range feels intimidating makes me think of shadow of the colossus on ps3 which is estimated a 8/10 which i couldn't do years ago. then again games like tales of symphonia and sword art online hollow fragment got some 7/10 difficulty ratings from guides but felt much less in actuality.  

Very late to this party, but this game is nowhere NEAR as difficult as SotC for the PS3. It's annoying, to be sure, but I think 5 out of 10 is appropriate. The worst part is beating Femto, but you'll likely just cheap him with a few of the characters.

• 11 months later...
On 3/11/2020 at 10:00 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Very late to this party, but this game is nowhere NEAR as difficult as SotC for the PS3. It's annoying, to be sure, but I think 5 out of 10 is appropriate. The worst part is beating Femto, but you'll likely just cheap him with a few of the characters.

I'm even later to this party ;)

Once you unlock that horse (of which name escapes me, I think it is a skeleton one) the game gets a lot easier and you can just stay on the horse 99% of the time and gain the gradually increasing musou ability, jump off the horse, musou, jump back on the horse and run away. I did this with Femto after getting all the characters to about stage 80 and getting as many quests done as I can with all the characters and only completing the game with Guts. You only have to face Femto once with one character in order to unlock the skelly horse.

Likely, you can just buy the horse DLC pack and ride one of the 4 horses right from the beginning of the game as if it were the skeleton horse and just cheese your way through the whole game. That would likely make the platinum way easier.

BTW Stay away from Vita, that makes the platinum harder for sure, once you start getting bounced around everywhere by Femto's bubbles, game drops to about 5-10 fps and it's very hard to control and see what is going on.

Very good game though aside from that boss.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...