Competitor trophy

MarcancooL

Hey guys,

Any tips on this one?

In the current season I need 2000 champions points to get to the champions season, but I got like 30 points in two games? Does it really take this long to get there or there are tricks to get it faster? And does our points reset after a week/month?

• 3 months later...
On 3/6/2020 at 2:54 PM, Savage_Soul19 said:

I wish this was a lot easier. I feel like I have already played a lot of games and I am only at 250/2000. Its ridiculous.

I wonder if there is another way to get this that involves playing fewer games?

The trophy guide, @penguins_fan87, does not seem to indicate it is a huge time commitment.  Nothing about earning 2,000 points:

Competitor
Earn a Competitive Season Reward in Hockey Ultimate Team.

9.46%
Very Rare
Bronze
Online Required
Competitive seasons are accessible from the "Online" tab in Hockey Ultimate Team. They are limited time events surrounding different themes and qualification criteria. Meet the criteria and play the minimum required games in a competitive season to get ranked. Some time after the season ending, you can claim your rewards by looking under "completed seasons" which unlocks the trophy.
Edited by djb5f

The trophy guide is outdated. When the game first came out they had competitive seasons where you can enter by having a team that fitted the qualification requirements. Some had no requirements while others had ones where you need specific goalies or players of a certain level. Then EA introduced the "Rivals" mode and got rid of all the competitive seasons except for HUT Champs. To qualify for HUT Champs currently, you need 2,000 points which you earn by playing the Rivals mode. You get more points the higher division you are in (and in the higher ranks it is pretty easy to get the 2,000 points) but unless you spend a significant time in Ultimate Team it will be hard as the teams are pretty stacked now. EA has said that they hope to bring back the regular competitive seasons in the future but so far we have not heard anything yet about that.

Edited by lordzeze
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

The trophy guide is outdated. When the game first came out they had competitive seasons where you can enter by having a team that fitted the qualification requirements. Some had no requirements while others had ones where you need specific goalies or players of a certain level. Then EA introduced the "Rivals" mode and got rid of all the competitive seasons except for HUT Champs. To qualify for HUT Champs currently, you need 2,000 points which you earn by playing the Rivals mode. You get more points the higher division you are in (and in the higher ranks it is pretty easy to get the 2,000 points) but unless you spend a significant time in Ultimate Team it will be hard as the teams are pretty stacked now. EA has said that they hope to bring back the regular competitive seasons in the future but so far we have not heard anything yet about that.

Hopefully they bring something back around the playoffs or something cause its a huge grind. Especially when I've been getting more losses than wins cause of the stacked teams.

• Like 1

To be safe, I would advise to not wait and at least try to get to 2000 points required to get into HUT Champs by the start of August [I think].

Sure, it may be annoying if you get to 2000 and then a regular competitive season comes out, but this will be an unobtainable trophy when NHL 21 comes out so I wouldn't rely on EA putting one out before then. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MarcancooL said:

There may be a miracle for us guys, as the NHL 20 world championship seems to count as a competitive season, and it is open to everyone. I have subscribed to next week’s event (we have until this sunday) and hopefully this will do the trick.

Do they make this purposely complicated?

I signed up through the FaceIt site but in-game it shows that I am “Not Qualified” to play any games.  I look at leaderboards and it seems others are playing games here.   Does yours show as Qualified and have you played any games?  It looks like you need to play 3 games to be ranked.

I had to sign up for the United States qualifier online as that is my region.  I think that is ok even though in game it shows the Qualifier as Canada.

https://www.faceit.com/en/organizers/7506ad69-aced-4b49-b59b-80c648b94036/123

Any help appreciated!  

53 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Do they make this purposely complicated?

I signed up through the FaceIt site but in-game it shows that I am “Not Qualified” to play any games.  I look at leaderboards and it seems others are playing games here.   Does yours show as Qualified and have you played any games?  It looks like you need to play 3 games to be ranked.

I had to sign up for the United States qualifier online as that is my region.  I think that is ok even though in game it shows the Qualifier as Canada.

https://www.faceit.com/en/organizers/7506ad69-aced-4b49-b59b-80c648b94036/123

Any help appreciated!  

When you sign up, you do so for the following week. If you sign up before this sunday, you will receive a collectible (idk when though I havent got it yet) to play next week's round (will begin on March 18th). You can't join the current round, you had to sign up before this monday to play it.

There is a total of 4 rounds open to everyone so there is still time to do it. Now I just hope to see a lot of Competitor trophies come up on March 17th (when this week's prizes are given) to confirm we will get the trophy that way.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MarcancooL said:

When you sign up, you do so for the following week. If you sign up before this sunday, you will receive a collectible (idk when though I havent got it yet) to play next week's round (will begin on March 18th). You can't join the current round, you had to sign up before this monday to play it.

There is a total of 4 rounds open to everyone so there is still time to do it. Now I just hope to see a lot of Competitor trophies come up on March 17th (when this week's prizes are given) to confirm we will get the trophy that way.

ok, sounds good, thanks for the info.  I registered through the link provided in the game (FaceIt).  Hopefully, the collectible will show up in my inbox.

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

ok, sounds good, thanks for the info.  I registered through the link provided in the game (FaceIt).  Hopefully, the collectible will show up in my inbox.

Yea hopefully for me too. I just did it. I will be so happy not having to grind out those 2000 points anymore

I haven't played this game yet but I know how annoying the 2000 points are from FIFA.

Do I need to join this tournament through the FACEIT website?

For some reason it's not allowing me to join the tournament, saying i'm not from US.

Already changed the settings in FACEIT, even used a VPN to put me on US and it still doesn't let me subscribe

Can I subscribe in-game without using FACEIT?

18 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

I haven't played this game yet but I know how annoying the 2000 points are from FIFA.

Do I need to join this tournament through the FACEIT website?

For some reason it's not allowing me to join the tournament, saying i'm not from US.

Already changed the settings in FACEIT, even used a VPN to put me on US and it still doesn't let me subscribe

Can I subscribe in-game without using FACEIT?

I think you have to use FACEIT.  I registered through the US but I still show as “not qualified” to play the tourney in-game.  No idea if I will magically get the collectible I need to play it in my inbox or if there are other steps.

If anyone is able to get this to work, please let us know!

We only need to be patient :) The only event we can see right now is this week's qualifier, as soon as next week's qualifier appears in upcoming tournaments (I havent looked this morning yet maybe is has appeared), we will get our collectible and we will be able to use it to become qualified. Will happen between today and wednesday when the round will begin!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarcancooL said:

I haven't got my collectible yet, people have been complaining on FaceIt and EA can't do anything, it's in FaceIt's ground... If this does not get fixed I give up on this game, it keeps frustrating me year after year.

I got a collectible (have not played any games yet) but I am not sure it matters.  

There have not been any new achievers since March 11th so this tourney might not count anyways.  I would think there would be some new entries from last week’s tourney by now,

The prizes were given last night at 9 pm actually. So may work. But I can’t believe some people get the collectible and others don’t. I’m pretty mad right now

Edit: I didn’t « active » my PSN account in the « integration settings » and it may be why I didnt get the collectible. Pretty annoying considering you have to login to join the tournament and they don’t say anywhere you have to do that?! Well I only have to wait again and see...

Edited by MarcancooL

Has anybody actually been given a collectible for this week? I just don't get why it's so hard to receive one. I followed all of FACEIT's instructions, even the cryptic shit about the integration settings. Have been back and forth with a support guy on reddit who only seems to respond once a day. My EA account and faceit and NHL20 on FACEIT are all properly linked to my PSN. Is this on EAs end? Should I be contacting them?

8 hours ago, LegitDannyDeVito said:

Has anybody actually been given a collectible for this week? I just don't get why it's so hard to receive one. I followed all of FACEIT's instructions, even the cryptic shit about the integration settings. Have been back and forth with a support guy on reddit who only seems to respond once a day. My EA account and faceit and NHL20 on FACEIT are all properly linked to my PSN. Is this on EAs end? Should I be contacting them?

Few people have received their collectible (looks like djb5f did), but I didn't. I did the integration settings thing yesterday so I believe it could help me to receive the collectible next week even if I subscribed a week ago... Someone had the trophy today so I believe this event can get us the trophy, now I guess we only can hope and wait...

I read on FaceIt that EA says they are not the problem, FaceIt is... And with coronavirus they are short on staff and it's not going so well... Considering there are only 3K subscriptions on FaceIt for PS4 Canada, and most of people complain they don't get their collectible, they probably don't have many people playing...

37 minutes ago, MarcancooL said:

Few people have received their collectible (looks like djb5f did), but I didn't. I did the integration settings thing yesterday so I believe it could help me to receive the collectible next week even if I subscribed a week ago... Someone had the trophy today so I believe this event can get us the trophy, now I guess we only can hope and wait...

I read on FaceIt that EA says they are not the problem, FaceIt is... And with coronavirus they are short on staff and it's not going so well... Considering there are only 3K subscriptions on FaceIt for PS4 Canada, and most of people complain they don't get their collectible, they probably don't have many people playing...

Yes, I got the collectible and have played 3 games so I am in the leaderboards.  I got to say the people who sign up for these tourneys are elite players which makes sense as they’d be the ones who would seek out signing up through this FaceIt nonsense.

I consider myself a good player (have reached/won Div 1 in years past) but I lost 2 of 3 games and probably outplayed in all 3 as far as time on attack and quality of scoring chances but my OT game winner was a thing of beauty!  It did not help that I have a low-mid 80’s standard gold card team going up against mid 90’s players every time!  Speed differential is VERY noticeable.  Fun games though even if outgunned.

I will let you know if I get the trophy.  I saw one person get it this week (for this site) but it is possible they could have just got it the normal way of getting 2,000 Rivals points first, right?  But the in-game commentary referenced it as a “competitive season” so that is promising.

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

Yes, I got the collectible and have played 3 games so I am in the leaderboards.  I got to say the people who sign up for these tourneys are elite players which makes sense as they’d be the ones who would seek out signing up through this FaceIt nonsense.

I consider myself a good player (have reached/won Div 1 in years past) but I lost 2 of 3 games and probably outplayed in all 3 as far as time on attack and quality of scoring chances but my OT game winner was a thing of beauty!  It did not help that I have a low-mid 80’s standard gold card team going up against mid 90’s players every time!  Speed differential is VERY noticeable.  Fun games though even if outgunned.

I will let you know if I get the trophy.  I saw one person get it this week (for this site) but it is possible they could have just got it the normal way of getting 2,000 Rivals points first, right?  But the in-game commentary referenced it as a “competitive season” so that is promising.

Just to give me some hope, if you go on FaceIt, is your PSN account enabled or disabled in "Integration Settings"? Since I enabled it this week I'm hoping this is why I didn't have the collectible this monday, otherwise I'm hopeless I guess...

11 minutes ago, MarcancooL said:

Just to give me some hope, if you go on FaceIt, is your PSN account enabled or disabled in "Integration Settings"? Since I enabled it this week I'm hoping this is why I didn't have the collectible this monday, otherwise I'm hopeless I guess...

Hmmm, there is a section in Integration Settings called Your Connected Platforms which shows the ability to connect to PSN, XBox, Steam but none are showing as connected.  

I did do a step last week where I connected in NHL 20 as a game and logged into my PSN account so it knew where to send the collectible so make sure you do that if you haven't.

I think I prematurely ranted about FACEIT. I received the collectible today and played my 3 games. I'll check back in on Monday to let everybody know if this counts for the trophy.

And just to be clear for those still trying to figure it out, you have to link your PSN in the integration settings, and when you add NHL 20 to your profile, AND it has to match the EA profile connected to your game. And even then, you can expect up to a week waiting for the collectible