Christmas Scavenger Hunt Giveaway Game! [Ended]

B1rvine

5 hours ago, B1rvine said:

I see quite a bit of participation so far. Thanks and welcome! I’ll get to all your questions in a few hours after work. 

My general answer for now is : if the first thing that will come to my mind when seeing your answer is “yeah that’s a ____” then it’s an acceptable answer.

You are making me double guess myself on the Snowman for now.. The one that I was thinking that isn't too obvious, is obviously a snowman to me, but doesn't have a nose (have something like a big mouth).. Plus is and isn't a "traditional" snowman.. 

I will think a bit more about it, but I'm entering fully aware that I will not be a running contender.. 

I still need to figure out 2 of the answers before I submit my entry anyway.. 

Okay, finally have some time to sit down today and respond to everyone! So, first, I'll reiterate what I previously stated earlier today. If I see answers where I immediately identify the as whatever I'm asking for, it's good. If a 6 year old kid looked at your answer and identifies it as what I asked for, it's good. The exception is if it directly contradicts a specific listed requirement.

What I don't want is some sort of "shadowy shape" where someone says, "thats the edge of the 'thing' you asked for" or something like that. I also don't want one part of the whole, ie a carrot is not a snowman, a wheel is not a train.

One final comment, if you want to clarify why your answers are 'correct' if you think there might be confusion, by all means do so. 

15 hours ago, Carol said:

I would like to participate, but I want to ask something about question 3. Does it have to be a picture of a full train or can it be just the train carriages (parts of a destroyed train, for example)?

I've gotten a few messages about the train question now. The train can be a full or partial train. It can be big or small. It can in working order or not. It just needs to fit the definition of a train. I'll update this in the first post.

15 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

The recurring rule regarding single response, that just means as single sentence, right? Because single word answers are impossible.

I see you entered, and confirmed your entry already, but I'll reiterate for everyone. It's not about the number of words, but about answering each question differently. So, hypothetically, if the questions were: "What's a color the sky can be?" and "What's a crayon color?" you can't answer "Blue" and "Blue" since its the same answer twice. "Black" and "Red" would be acceptable since its two different answers.

TLDR: pick a different game for each question.

4 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

You are making me double guess myself on the Snowman for now.. The one that I was thinking that isn't too obvious, is obviously a snowman to me, but doesn't have a nose (have something like a big mouth).. Plus is and isn't a "traditional" snowman..

Well, if it doesn't have a nose, that won't be valid, since I specifically mentioned that. And no snow octopi or something (like the ones in Calvin and Hobbes).

I'm enjoying seeing all the responses so far. Keep em coming :) ? ??

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Well, if it doesn't have a nose, that won't be valid, since I specifically mentioned that. And no snow octopi or something (like the ones in Calvin and Hobbes).

I'm enjoying seeing all the responses so far. Keep em coming :) 1f381.png 1f332.png1f36c.png

Ok, I was under that impression, but wanted to be sure, because the image in question is definitely a snowman that anyone would recognise, but no nose (I will show it on my entry when I get to it, but now I want a not so obvious pick for a snowman..). I think that this and a link to explain the Christmas timed event is all that I need to complete my answers. 

Sent my answers for questions 1-7. Spent a good day researching every answer so it could be unique as possible, hopefully they meets the criteria.

My favourite christmas memory is kinda hard to pick since I've got so many great ones. I'll go with the one I remember the first when asked that question: Xmas of 2005.

I was a teenager back then and it was my first time I traveled alone in airplane, went to a very big city in Brazil called São Paulo (The economic center of the country), went to stay with my godmother and her daughter for 15 days. Everything was new to me since I always had christmas with my parents, never away from them, but it was really magical, went to a lot of different places that don't exist where I live, like a real rollercoaster/amazent park (Hopi-Hari), went to a lot of awesome museums and to the biggest zoo in South America and also ate like a bear after hibernation, it was truly amazing christmas holiday season for me. Then right after Xmas, on December 26, I joined my parents to another trip from São Paulo to little city in the south of Brazil called Gramado, a city that basically embodies the spirit of Christmas throughout the entire year and has Christmas parades and New Year events that everybody that travel would love to see.

There also many xmas where gaming occupied my time and they were amazing, but none so memorable as the one above.

• Like 2

My favorite christmas memory will always be the last christmas my younger cousin and I were together. I was playing Rise of the Tomb Raider when they arrived at my parent's house. It was the first time he got a taste of a PS4 game, because they were poor and couldn't afford to buy any console. I let him play for a couple of hours and he really enjoyed the game. Got a few trophies along the way too. They stayed for a week or so and left after new year's day. It was the last time I saw him. And it still hurts like fucking hell cause I miss him. And I feel so bad for his parents because he was the only child they had.

• Like 4

Just an update -- since we're officially in December now. We're at 30 entries so far. A few of you have opted out of the raffle (haven't posted in the thread).

I'm responding to everyone's message as confirmation their entry was accepted, so if you receive the response, I've added your answers to the database. I'm enjoying all of your answers. Hope everyone is having fun with this.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 2

My favourite Xmas memory was in 2012. I was walking home from work and it had started to snow, it was really dark out too. I got home just as the snow was really starting to come down. I had the house all to myself so I dried off, got in my comfiest clothes, put some Bon Iver on (self titled album) loaded up Deus Ex Human Revolution on the PS3, sat down with a cup of hot chocolate and played Deus Ex pretty much all night with the curtains open and the lights off so I could watch the snowfall (it was pretty much flying sideways at this point) and I think that's the cosiest I have ever felt.

• Like 2

Love the idea of this contest, had fun looking for answers!

As for a favorite Christmas memory, the time I got an Xbox 360 w/ Halo Reach & Call of Duty: Black Ops and once I got set up, I finally got to play online with some friends in my middle school and their friends from about an hour away. That group of friends were some of the best friends I've ever had and those were some of the best days of my life. Been all downhill from there.

Also, there was the Christmas Eve where my cat was put down and my only coping mechanism as a 9/10 year old was to play my new copy of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've gotten a few messages from people that they'd like to enter but "this is too hard" so I'll clarify some things.

Just sending me a message with any 7 answers is good enough for the raffle prize, even if they're all wrong. While I say that, its encouraged to search in the PSNP search bar for answers related to the questions, so this doesn't need to be on memory. Google helps as well. :)

Anyway, 14 days left to enter. Good luck everyone.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

raffle question ultimate cheese answer...every christmas I've spent with my wife, kids, and family has been the "most memorable"...just one of those days where all hell could break loose and it would feel "just right"...haha...lame?...yep...

It's not cheesy if it involves family. Best answer IMO.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I guess my favourite Christmas memory would be when I was a kid so around 6-8, mum would always put up the Christmas tree in the corner of the house and there were DVD's behind it so she always told us to get the ones we want to watch before we can't get to them. Well being the child I am I didn't do that and I really wanted to watch some stuff so I was like a ninja and crawled under the Christmas tree in which I discovered I actually fit under there nicely, so from that point onward I would always live under the Christmas tree every Christmas and just sleep there or play a game happily. 

• Like 2