Worth getting?

blazinghelldash

I remember seeing this game floating around for a bit after its release and it kind of died down, with Black Friday around the corner I was wondering if this game was worth playing/complete.

Is it a good game/story? I wanted to stay away from any possible spoilers in articles and wanted to ask everyone here

Game is going for 19.99 around my area is why I'm tempted to pick it up

1 hour ago, blazinghelldash said:

I remember seeing this game floating around for a bit after its release and it kind of died down, with Black Friday around the corner I was wondering if this game was worth playing/complete.

Is it a good game/story? I wanted to stay away from any possible spoilers in articles and wanted to ask everyone here

Game is going for 19.99 around my area is why I'm tempted to pick it up

I bought it full price and it was worth it to me, $20 is a steal honestly.  Just be warned the 5-10 hours can be a little slow but then the story really picks up.  If you don't mind a slow build up it is definitely worth grabbing.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

What kind of question is this? It's a AAA PlayStation 4 exclusive.. for $20. The price itself answers this redundant question! (Don't take offense.)

No offense at all!

I understand that its just 20 dollars and it's a great price but I wanted to learn from experiences of everyone who has played it and their opinions on the game before purchasing it myself ^_^

1 minute ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I bought it full price and it was worth it to me, $20 is a steal honestly.  Just be warned the 5-10 hours can be a little slow but then the story really picks up.  If you don't mind a slow build up it is definitely worth grabbing.

Sounds good to hear! I'll definitely make sure to keep a note on that when I get it!

10 minutes ago, blazinghelldash said:

No offense at all!

I understand that its just 20 dollars and it's a great price but I wanted to learn from experiences of everyone who has played it and their opinions on the game before purchasing it myself ^_^

*Phew*.

Based upon both the negative and positive I've heard and seen about the game since release, it's apparently still a steal. (I also went out and purchased this game today myself.)

In my opinion yeah the game is awesome and a steal at 20 dollars but the "dlc" challenges kinda knock it from a 10/10 experience to a 6 tops cause they are a pain in the ass

So to sum it up 10/10 base game 

-4 hard earned points for the challenges

So if you just wanna Platinum it it's great if you wanna 100% it your in for a very annoying ride I still haven't had the chance to buckle down and get serious on them

I'm also thinking about getting this game during Black Friday. I'm still waiting fir the price to drop down to 20€ since 40 is a bit above my current budget. 

I heard that the frame rate gets a bit janky while you're on the bike. Is that still an issue? Or has it been properly fixed?

Thanks in advance ?

it is worth it. Like others have said, if you can get through he slow start than it really gets good. Surprised no one has mentioned this but, fighting the hordes was such a blast. Very cool idea with them. Has a good cast of characters and story is good.

It had some issues with frame rate back when I played. Don't know if it is fixed or not.

• 2 weeks later...

The games's fuel and bike damage mechanics are annoying beyond comprehension, even game-breaking for me. Hit the rock? -50% condition of your bike. Drove for insanely long 50 second? Well, honey, that takes 30% of your fuel. Just let me have fun!! The game is sooo good, but I just cannot get into it with these macro-annoying micro-managment mechanics. And the melee weapon deterioration is INSANE. I thought Breath of the Wild was bad with this, but Days Gone is on another level completely.

I just wish I could play this on PC and instal mods that get rid of these annoyances...

Maybe you don't care about this kind of stuff - get the game immediately. But if you value your free time, take this into consideration: this is a 60h game, mostly because you have to run around with fuel canisters, loot for tons upon tons of repair mats and lose your shit.

Edited by NarcissusBaz

^ I see your point of view, but in my experience it went away fairly quickly. Once I upgraded my bike and had a few recipes for decent melee weapons (bat-saw being the one I use the most) I could melee around 30+ enemies before my weapon breaks; I always had enough scrap to repair. My bike usually make it to most areas with no issue, but I did have to refuel upon arrival. 

Scarcity is a major part of most post-apocalyptic games so I was kind of expecting it, but I absolutely see how it could be annoying especially at the start of the game. 

Edited by o_BAD_RELIGION_o

• 7 months later...

I know that this is an old thread but I had to post my opinion. Yes, this game is worth getting. I personal enjoyed playing Days Gone, there wasn't a time when I was bored with the gameplay or story. While it wasn't the most original story, it kept my attention for the most part. 

Even while replaying the game for trophies that I missed or playing on higher difficultly settings, the game was fantastic in my opinion. My weapons breaking, guns running out of ammo or the bike kept running out of gas wasn't too much of an issue for me, it only meant that I had to plan my journeys and upgraded the bike to suit.  

The game isn't perfect as I did experience some glitches and frustration when doing the challenges. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m just coming to the end of the game now. I think for the prices being mentioned here it’s a good game. But that said I’ve found it a bit of a slog. It is a good game but outstays it’s welcome by a good 10 hours. I was done with the game a while back but having to plod on doing samey missions. Almost done! Those who have the patience to do all of this again on NG+ I have no idea! But in short bursts it’s a great game and would have been excellent if it wasn’t so long. 

• Like 1