PS4 All white profiles

JoinTheClub

hi psnp, i don't know if this is the correct place for this topic but anyways, I wanna know how these 2 PSN users that I know of have their entire PS4 profile white. Everything is all white and you can't see anything else other than their avatar. If it's that simple, would someone please show me? I've tried checking on mobile for a white color, can't find.

here's the 2 users that i know of XPX and DY07, you can only see what i'm talking about searching on PS4, not the mobile PS App.

lol imagine they got the invisible avatar and all you can see is just a white screen. idk if it's modded? Though there's nothing i can find on the web.

EDIT. Here's pictures of what their profiles look like when viewing them on PS4.

5016af8b9d3ca1a8ded26877958dff0c.png

this user is XPX ^

44aa5276cdab3cdaf616abd66f28fc77.pngthis user is DY07 ^

Edited by JoinTheClub

21 hours ago, BinBinricecake said:

Oh boy, if this was posted anywhere else, people would assume so hard off the topic title alone. But I assume maybe they removed icon shadows via dev kit or modding(?) so the screen turns out like that.

Is that even possible? Doubt anyone on here is a dev and could confirm that though 

• 6 months later...
On 27/11/2019 at 10:47 AM, ArmoredSnowman said:

Is that even possible? Doubt anyone on here is a dev and could confirm that though 

I am familiar with playstation dev hardware (i have a playstation vita devkit so. and know enough about the others to know this isnt something you can do) - avatars are just image files that devs upload and pay a small fee to sony to have listed- you do this from there web portal

But I acturally do know how its done- like most profile stuff like this the answer lies within the undocumented PSN API- 

You can send an HTTP PATCH request to https://profile.api.playstation.com/v1/users/me/profile/backgroundImage 

The content of this request should be - 

{"ops":[{"op":"replace","path":"/color","value":"#FFFFFF"}]}

Basically this is the same as what the PSN APP does- only you can acturally select exactly what r/g/b values to use based on the hex color code.

Oh and for completely white you have to set your profile background to just be all white first beforehand

There are tools online that can do this for you if you dont understand anything I just said- but i won't link any here .

Edited by EareosMineCraft
  • Like 1