How hard and long is Platinum for someone starting after World Platinum?

How hard and long is the Platinum this time for someone starting Iceborne after having done everything in World?

Some guides state it's twice harder and longer to platinum iceborne compared to world

but these guides don't mention whether they talk about a fresh file or continuing with a completed file.

How was for you guys?

There are several new rng things to do, which is what they mean when it takes longer. You have treasures, more rare pets, and Lydian research to do, which are all time consuming. In terms of difficulty, the monsters are a bit harder than World imo, but definitely doable. In general, just more grind and hence why they say that. You will have it regardless of a previous file or not. Would def recommend getting the DJo crowns from the HZD event that is going on, since it guarantees mini/large crowns.

• Like 1

I won't say it's twice harder but it's a little bit harder than world if you're just starting Iceborne. After upgrading your weapons/armor it'll get easier and quicker.

I find crown RNG in iceborne is way more generous than World as I used to spend days on World just for one crown. As for Iceborne, I'm getting at least 1 crown a day assuming I spent 4+ hours farming.

As Squirlruler said, it's more grindy than World because of all the treasure hunts and Lydian researches.

hope this helps. :)

Iceborne plat is marginally more difficult than base world, so thats not the issue. Its a lot more of a grind with the lynian research requests (which arent too bad), the insanely boring treasure hunting for each tailraider tribe (takes an entire day or so), and then the obvious crown hunting.

The crowns are definitely more common in general, but iceborne has no event quests for them, so investigations are the way to go.

The "hardest" part of this imo is just starting the DLC and having to play through the story to learn the new monsters and rebuild your character.

TL/DR: Iceborne has a bit of a difficulty spike and takes more time than base game, but if you had the patience to do base World, then this is easily doable.

17 minutes ago, VegaTheGreat said:

So something around 2 months (or around 300 hours) ?

(That's how much it took me in World with the crown Events)

Ya basically within that amount of time, but the game is so much fun that a good chunk of that time just flies by anyway 

• Like 1

I got mine in around 290 hours, the game is super fun and most of the time you won’t feel bored. The problem however is that the crowns are still annoying as ever and this time there’s no event quests for then. 

On top of that there’s treasure hunting and Lynian requests which takes around 30 hours each.

the game is still amazing though, but be aware that the plat is definitely on the 300 plus hours. 

It’s a bit harder than base World i’d say. There’s a little more side content to do now but crowns are still where you’ll spend most of your time. Overall RNG is a but nicer but hunts also take longer so it evens out. It helps that we have a much better understanding of how crown spawns work than we did in early MHW.

Its harder, because monsters cause more damage and have new moves. Its longer, because the game have more RNG trophies (including the 60 treasures and the 20 lynian pics). The game is more fun than World, but the platinum trophy is extremely boring and exhausting. Took me 600H to get all trophies.

Edited by FreneticWave