Trophy help

ConeWarrior

Just now, Siriodorione said:

I checked all the technical stores, but they don't have those three. I imagined that an area with a new store would be unlocked at the end of the game, so I asked for this xD

There is a store, but looks like you can only exchange herbs and sets with him or you can sell what you have and you can't buy from him.

2 minutes ago, natsu2233 said:

you're welcome.
I think you should have waited until you start collecting capsules sets, because most of them reward you with skill book.

yes I know but it is more convenient to win coins, buy items, sell them and buy techniques. 

However, to unlock those techniques I need three objects: "Battle Axe" that I don't know where "Shiovel Loader" and "BIG Speed Racer (Red)" are that are won somewhere. I'll find them xD

1 minute ago, Siriodorione said:

yes I know but it is more convenient to win coins, buy items, sell them and buy techniques. 

However, to unlock those techniques I need three objects: "Battle Axe" that I don't know where "Shiovel Loader" and "BIG Speed Racer (Red)" are that are won somewhere. I'll find them xD

I''ll tell you If I found them?

This thread is essential! Hopefully all the bits and pieces around the web find their way here.

Here's something I personally learned about the Good Karma trophy, which I'm starting to think is an ironic name!

You can't do half the sidequests in one playthrough and the other half in New Game+. 
It's all in one go or nothing.

There's also a herb (or more, it never is the last one) in Niaowu that completely eludes me.
I heard a theory that the herb trophies may be tied to a counter and not the actual map. This may be why a few herbs reappear.
While this is unproven, it may not be possible to get all herbs on one run. We have insufficient data, but I can attest to my own thoroughness!
It's downright common to overlook important herbs in obvious locations, but I don't even want to admit how meticulous I was.
Let's just say it is impossible for me to have missed anything.

It really is strange how this relaxing and ultimately finite game knows infinite ways to chop my hope into bloody pulps.
These herb trophies actually had me wanting to catch a thousand fish. At least that's simple.
Thankfully, information is coalescing so it won't be long until we have proper guides.

Shenmue is an enigma because it is as beautiful as it is bad. I intended to confine this game to November and that's exactly what I'm going to do.
I platinumed the originals, so I will do the same for this one, but for now I'm peacing out while I still have a sense of zen left.

I don't consider this crunch period a waste; Now I've truly seen everything the game has to offer, so technically I completed it!

I think I'll be in the mood to revisit Shenmue III when the DLC comes out, but for now...
I'm going to kung-fu this disc out of my PlayStation in violent retaliation for the annihilation of my time.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Shuriken_Shiguru said:

There's also a herb (or more, it never is the last one) in Niaowu that completely eludes me.
I heard a theory that the herb trophies may be tied to a counter and not the actual map. This may be why a few herbs reappear.
While this is unproven, it may not be possible to get all herbs on one run. We have insufficient data, but I can attest to my own thoroughness!
It's downright common to overlook important herbs in obvious locations, but I don't even want to admit how meticulous I was.
Let's just say it is impossible for me to have missed anything.

I agree that something feels off when it comes to herb collection. I can't count the number of times I thought something like, "I swear I found this one before" or "How did I miss that?" However, I wrapped up my herb collection on NG before starting NG+ so it should be possible in one run. I think 1 user pointed out the possibility of herbs respawning when you either sell them or exchange them so I specifically avoided doing so just in case it was true (however I did exchange herbs in Bailu Village before learning about this and still managed to get the Bailu herb trophy). Not sure if it will help but I had a similar experience in Niaowu and eventually found that I had missed a group of 3 herbs hidden between the Peking Duck House and the building next to it with the trophy popping immediately afterwards (the mini-map can be deceiving).

Edited by ExistentialSolid
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

I agree that something feels off when it comes to herb collection. I can't count the number of times I thought something like, "I swear I found this one before" or "How did I miss that?" However, I wrapped up my herb collection on NG before starting NG+ so it should be possible in one run. I think 1 user pointed out the possibility of herbs respawning when you either sell them or exchange them so I specifically avoided doing so just in case it was true (however I did exchange herbs in Bailu Village before learning about this and still managed to get the Bailu herb trophy). Not sure if it will help but I had a similar experience in Niaowu and eventually found that I had missed a group of 3 herbs hidden between the Peking Duck House and the building next to it with the trophy popping immediately afterwards (the mini-map can be deceiving).

It's good to hear that all herbs really can be collected at once. Thanks for confirming that!

I already got those herbs, but I can vouch for the large buildings being a prime candidate for missing flora.
I found one right behind the big martial arts shop after I thought I looked everywhere the fifth time. Any other tricky places you can think of?
One of my latter herbs was by the shrine maiden lady, and there's the whole Red Snakes hideout area which can only be explored near the endgame.
I heard there's a secret garden somewhere but the herbs don't count for the trophy.

Maybe sweeps go better by type rather than location?
Greens, flowers, behind rocks, behind trees, behind buildings (including Hotel Niaowu), sides of walls/rocks, marshes and wide open spaces.

Also, I've found a few herbs just bumbling around in first-person and night-time.
First-person mode is especially helpful because, while your field of vision is limited, it automatically locks on to the nearest herb you see.
It might do you well to smell the roses, so to speak.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shuriken_Shiguru said:

It's good to hear that all herbs really can be collected at once. Thanks for confirming that!

I already got those herbs, but I can vouch for the large buildings being a prime candidate for missing flora.
I found one right behind the big martial arts shop after I thought I looked everywhere the fifth time. Any other tricky places you can think of?
One of my latter herbs was by the shrine maiden lady, and there's the whole Red Snakes hideout area which can only be explored near the endgame.
I heard there's a secret garden somewhere but the herbs don't count for the trophy.

Maybe sweeps go better by type rather than location?
Greens, flowers, behind rocks, behind trees, behind buildings (including Hotel Niaowu), sides of walls/rocks, marshes and wide open spaces.

Also, I've found a few herbs just bumbling around in first-person and night-time.
First-person mode is especially helpful because, while your field of vision is limited, it automatically locks on to the nearest herb you see.
It might do you well to smell the roses, so to speak.

I haven't heard of a secret garden, that's interesting. The only other tricky place I can think of is a gap between the Dried Dried Goods store and the Smart and Lucky shop that leads to a small outdoor area. I didn't even know Ryo could fit between the gap until I tried. Other than that, missing herbs will probably depend a lot on your hunting style.

I was prone to missing herbs in the middle of wide open areas because I focused too heavily on the perimeter. As a result, one of my last herbs was in the middle of a field in Duck Heaven. Using the night to find herbs is definitely a great way to search too. The red rings stick out like a sore thumb. Searching in first person is smart, although I worried that it narrowed my vision too much to be efficient so I didn't use it very often. At night, I tended to just run aimlessly hoping to spot red rings to be honest. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

I read that they are purchasable, so I prefer to buy them xD

I think I got all skill books except 1- Breaking Wave and 2- maelstrom Strike,
And I can't get them because I'm messing Red Radio, Boots, Magnifying Glass and Leather Shoes and I couldn't find them yet.

5 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

I haven't heard of a secret garden, that's interesting. The only other tricky place I can think of is a gap between the Dried Dried Goods store and the Smart and Lucky shop that leads to a small outdoor area. I didn't even know Ryo could fit between the gap until I tried. Other than that, missing herbs will probably depend a lot on your hunting style.

I was prone to missing herbs in the middle of wide open areas because I focused too heavily on the perimeter. As a result, one of my last herbs was in the middle of a field in Duck Heaven. Using the night to find herbs is definitely a great way to search too. The red rings stick out like a sore thumb. Searching in first person is smart, although I worried that it narrowed my vision too much to be efficient so I didn't use it very often. At night, I tended to just run aimlessly hoping to spot red rings to be honest. 

YOU. YOU'RE THE REAL MVP. THANK GOD FOR YOU, SERIOUSLY.

While I had already cleared the spot you mentioned, I decided to check out the adjacent area, the one with its own mountainous terrain.
Bam, what do I see? Ginsing Root in the main path. This corroborates your viewpoint about focusing too much on the perimeter.
Not seeing the forest for the trees and all that.

I am no longer pissed off at this game. Thank you.
I have weird superstitions, OCD, whatever you like to call it.
I've already decided that November sucked from the get-go, which is how I was able to convince myself to no-life Shenmue III for a few days.
Of course I wanted December to start on a good note, even if that meant abandoning a game I just spent days on. 

You made my December, and by proxy the rest of the year. Although indirect, the result is the same, and you have made me happy. :platinum:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

I will think about herbs after xD
Now I'm sure I've unlocked all areas of the city, and fished everywhere, but the trophy doesn't come out.
Can you tell me how many are there? I think they are 11.

12, actually! Info courtesy of the members-only forum on Shenmue Dojo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
[Port]
1. Behind Ferry Terminal
2. Behind Warehouse (Hidden)
[Vendor Avenue]
3. On the small coast.
[Blossom Street]
4. Behind Save Shenmue Building
5. Behind Save Shenmue Building
[Fisherman Dock]
6. On the first pier. (coming from Vendor Avenue)
7. On the second pier.
8. On the third pier.
[Senary Road]
9. Right of shrine
10. Left of shrine
11. Behind first part of the shrine building
12. Behind second part of shrine building (Hidden)

(Hidden) means these fishing spots can only be unlocked by completing a sidequest.
They're story-gated so you'll have to wait until New Game+ if you didn't do them.

Niaowu Sidequests For Fishermen and Fish Enthusiasts:
Help the kid with the opera masks in Vendor Avenue.
Help the music man by Golden Goose.

Thankfully you don't actually need to fish to register the location.
Press start to return the rod immediately after activating the fishing spot.

You'll know you've entered the last one when the trophy pops.

And yes, the quest for herbs is an adventure for the ages!
What you thought would be a simple task becomes an epic Sisyphean effort.
You will feel every emotion. It is truly the hero's journey.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shuriken_Shiguru said:

YOU. YOU'RE THE REAL MVP. THANK GOD FOR YOU, SERIOUSLY.

While I had already cleared the spot you mentioned, I decided to check out the adjacent area, the one with its own mountainous terrain.
Bam, what do I see? Ginsing Root in the main path. This corroborates your viewpoint about focusing too much on the perimeter.
Not seeing the forest for the trees and all that.

I am no longer pissed off at this game. Thank you.
I have weird superstitions, OCD, whatever you like to call it.
I've already decided that November sucked from the get-go, which is how I was able to convince myself to no-life Shenmue III for a few days.
Of course I wanted December to start on a good note, even if that meant abandoning a game I just spent days on. 

You made my December, and by proxy the rest of the year. Although indirect, the result is the same, and you have made me happy. :platinum:

I'm glad I could help! ? Good luck on the last few errands for the platinum! You're almost there!

6 hours ago, natsu2233 said:

I think I got all skill books except 1- Breaking Wave and 2- maelstrom Strike,
And I can't get them because I'm messing Red Radio, Boots, Magnifying Glass and Leather Shoes and I couldn't find them yet.

If it helps, both the Boots and the Leather Shoes can be purchased at Niaowu Footwear. I know the Magnifying Glass can be traded for tokens at the prize exchange in Bailu Villiage but I'm unsure if there is a place to find one in Niaowu. I've forgotten where you can find a Red Radio though.

• Like 2

I can confirm this:
1- Fishing spots carry over to NG+
2- Sidequests don't. You should do them all in one playthrough.

59 minutes ago, ExistentialSolid said:

I'm glad I could help! 1f604.png Good luck on the last few errands for the platinum! You're almost there!

If it helps, both the Boots and the Leather Shoes can be purchased at Niaowu Footwear. I know the Magnifying Glass can be traded for tokens at the prize exchange in Bailu Villiage but I'm unsure if there is a place to find one in Niaowu. I've forgotten where you can find a Red Radio though. I'll update this post if I figure it out.

Found the Red Radio at Kong Mei Goods with the old lady in Panda market.

2 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

A miss a technique ... Tiger's Fury, the 5 stores in the city don't sell it, obviously I redeemed everything from the pawn shop.

Too many problems are happening to me in this game xD

I'm pretty sure you get Tiger's Fury as one of the rewards in the Rose Garden arena when you go for the "Battle Master" trophy. I don't think that one is missable unless you leave Niaowu. If you or anyone else could confirm which skill book(s) are exclusive to the arena, I could edit my "Techniques Master" post and include it as one to look out for.

15 minutes ago, ExistentialSolid said:

I'm pretty sure you get Tiger's Fury as one of the rewards in the Rose Garden arena when you go for the "Battle Master" trophy. I don't think that one is missable unless you leave Niaowu. If you or someone else could let me know which skill books are exclusive to the arena, I could edit my "Techniques Master" post to include it as one to look out for.

I have 89 techniques on the list. I haven't completed the arena so I think it's what you say.

Great, maybe complete the arena and let you know. I will need some time ?

23 minutes ago, MrCiel said:

Anybody knows where to get “Magnifying glass”? Also, missing a couple capsule toy sets: Game set, Instrumental set and Fishing set 2.

You can get Magnifying glass at Prize Exchange store in Panda market.
I'll tell you the other capsules set when I get to Niaowu.

• Like 2

Capsule Hero – All capsule toy set locations in Niaowu are listed below in the order they appear in Ryo's inventory. While all capsule sets can be obtained in Niaowu except for the capsule key set which is in Old Castle**, you may wish to get a head start on your collection in Bailu Village in which case you should refer to ConeWarrior's original post on this thread for specific locations.

Tennis Set (Across from Millions Served near Nihao Flowers)
Shoes Set (Outside Smart & Funny shop and across from Lion Smart Ball)
Fishing Set 1 (Across from Millions Served near Nihao Flowers)
Heavy Machinery Set (Outside arcade near entrance to New Paradise and across from Crazy Dim Sum)
Firefighter Set (Outside Shaolin Supply and Liquor Heaven)
Gem Set (Outside Angler Extraordinaire near Liu Jiao Shrine)

Ball Set (Outside the arcade near Hotel Niaowu) OR (Outside Green House Stand across from Kung Fu Tussle)
Hat Set (Outside Smart & Funny shop and across from Lion Smart Ball)
Table Set (Outside Tomato Convenience Store across from Burger Shop)
Ring Set (Outside Blossom Direct across from Liu He Hall)
Jetboat Set (Outside arcade near entrance to New Paradise and across from Crazy Dim Sum)
Radio Set (Gap between Sushi Heaven and Cash First Pawn Shop downstairs)

Vase Set (Inside Kowloon Dim Sum across from Heaven’s Fist)
Gold Buddha Set (Inside Soul of Buddha shop next to Bustling Diner)
Other Buddha Set (Left side of Buddha Market Stand near Buddha Heaven)
Fishing Set 2 (Outside Angler Extraordinaire near Liu Jiao Shrine)
Dog Set (Gap between Tomato Convenience Store and Niaowu Clinic near fortune teller)
Plate Set (Inside Kowloon Dim Sum across from Heaven’s Fist)

Instrument Set (At Tike Toys Stand outside Bargain Buddha)
Game Set (At Tike Toys Stand outside Bargain Buddha)
Weapon Set (Outside Shaolin Supply and Liquor Heaven)
Car Set 1 (Outside the arcade near Hotel Niawu)
Mask Set (Outside Green House Stand across from Kung Fu Tussle)
Animal Set (Inside Niaowu Pharmacy which is across from Tough Guy Herbs)

Capsule Key Set** (Outside Old Castle Shop)
Car Set 2 (Outside along wall of Prize Café near Golden Goose)
Television Set (Gap between Sushi Heaven and Cash First Pawn Shop downstairs)
Chair Set (Outside along wall of Prize Café near Golden Goose)
Shenmue 1 Capsule Set (Downstairs from Burger Shop near Ice Cream Shop)
Shenmue 2 Capsule Set (Outside arcade near entrance to New Paradise and across from Crazy Dim Sum)

• Like 2

In three hours I saw every point with niaowu herbs, I found 3 herbe that I hadn't seen, none in the place with the ducks (I think it's the worst point), I miss at least one somewhere but it's very difficult. If ever a videoguide comes out I'll platinum the game, otherwise I let it go. It's not funny ?