Trophy help

ConeWarrior

On 12/1/2019 at 6:30 PM, Shuriken_Shiguru said:

I'm assuming you discovered all the nooks and crannies while running around so I'll call to mind the last ten or so herbs I found after searching everywhere.

-Red Snakes Hideout. This one is only tricky because you can't access it for most of the game.

-Behind Hotel Niaowu. The actual building, not just the gated area.
-Around and between the huge businesses by the shrine maiden lady. There's also a herb in the corner of her vicinity if you didn't think to look there.

-Flower beds. If there are too many colors, the red circle will be hard to see. Use first-person mode.
-The three zones by the massive stairs leading to the temple, particularly the marshes, the first marsh especially.

My last herb was of course the Ginseng Root found on the long path by the arcade near Golden Goose.

The most maddening detail of this trophy is the 99% likelihood you ran over a herb in a place you've exhausted.

I recommend sweeping one area at a time to prevent resentment towards videogames and the futility of life in general.

If you made it through Bailu, AKA Herb County, you can make it through this!

I pray to God my last herb is at the Red Snake hideout...

Edited by MrCiel

1 hour ago, MrCiel said:

The sidequests herbs counts toward the Niaowu herb trophy right?

Actually, they might not. I thought that was the case too but I've heard others deconfirm.
Back when I was doing Bailu, I thought I screwed myself over by not doing the Elder Yeh sidequest in time,
but there were a bunch more herbs chilling than I realized. My last herb in Bailu was on the riverbank by the games.

The sidequests don't take long at all so if you have the opportunity, you may as well do them.
If you miss a beat, don't despair. This game occasionally shows mercy, if out of senility.

Good luck to you!
It's always the last place you look, isn't it?

11 minutes ago, Shuriken_Shiguru said:

Actually, they might not. I thought that was the case too but I've heard others deconfirm.
Back when I was doing Bailu, I thought I screwed myself over by not doing the Elder Yeh sidequest in time,
but there were a bunch more herbs chilling than I realized. My last herb in Bailu was on the riverbank by the games.

The sidequests don't take long at all so if you have the opportunity, you may as well do them.
If you miss a beat, don't despair. This game occasionally shows mercy, if out of senility.

Good luck to you!
It's always the last place you look, isn't it?

I'm doing all sidequest anyways in this run. I'll keep looking until I find every last herb! Just unlocked the Red Snake Hideout so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

How many herbs are in red snake hideout? 

I only found 1. Seems odd for such a big place.

EDIT: got the trophy. My last herb was right behing the hotel xD. I'll be honest and say I loved every second of herb searching. Only the hardcore fans will go for this trophy. Now I only need the 1000 fish catch for plat =D

Edited by MrCiel
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, MrCiel said:

How many herbs are in red snake hideout? 

I only found 1. Seems odd for such a big place.

EDIT: got the trophy. My last herb was right behing the hotel xD. I'll be honest and say I loved every second of herb searching. Only the hardcore fans will go for this trophy. Now I only need the 1000 fish catch for plat =D

Congratulations!!! It's smooth sailing from here! :D

Take comfort that your last herb was a sneaky one after all. ?

On ٣‏/١٢‏/٢٠١٩ at 11:40 AM, Shuriken_Shiguru said:

You will not like this answer, but you have to start Niaowu again. I know because I did exactly what you done.

I assume you saved the forklift job for last too. Here's how to set right what once went wrong:
The first time you speak to Dejing, accept the forklift job immediately. You only have to do it once.

While I'm here, and so close to the Platinum, beware of the Niaowu fishing tournament!
If you talk to the guy after 11:30 AM, it voids the sidequest and thus the Good Karma trophy.
I had to redo 3 hours of work to build myself back up to what I rightfully earned.

Almost done...just a few hours more.

How do I accept the job for the first time?
He's talking with me about the picture only and when I finished the conversation with him I can't work!!!

35 minutes ago, natsu2233 said:

He's talking with me about the picture only and when I finished the conversation with him I can't work!!!

In the haze that was this last week, I remember him offering the job in the same conversation Ryo mistakes him for his brother.
However, I think if you work for him early enough in the story you should be okay. Try the next day. Move 6 crates, just to be safe.

4 hours ago, Shuriken_Shiguru said:

In the haze that was this last week, I remember him offering the job in the same conversation Ryo mistakes him for his brother.
However, I think if you work for him early enough in the story you should be okay. Try the next day. Move 6 crates, just to be safe.

Thanks Shuriken for the replay, I stood beside him the whole day and I still can't work, but I will try the next days?

On 05/12/2019 at 2:26 AM, natsu2233 said:

You need to progress a little further in the story. After you've found the place in the picture you'll be told to come back later, once you do the story will progress a little and Ryo will go back to the hotel automatically afterwards. From the next morning, you should be able to do the forklift job.

On 27/11/2019 at 0:00 PM, ExistentialSolid said:

Technique Master - There appears to be a total of 90 skill books in the game (92 if you include the deluxe edition/day one dlc skill books "Burning Sandstorm" and "Blazing Kick"). Most of the skill books can be obtained through either a direct purchase at the shop or exchanged for at the pawn shop by exchanging sets of items. I will list each of the skill books below in groups of 8 in the order that the game has displayed them for me and discuss a few that you should be on the lookout for:

Jab - Hook - Uppercut - Spin Kick - High Front Kick - Stepping Knee Strike - Tiger Knuckle - Downward Punch
Knee Strike - Rain Thrust - Twist Knuckle - Elbow Slam - Mantis Combo - Crescent Kick - Reaper's Kick - Avalanche Lance
Razor Flash - Double Blow - Lunging Strike - Oblique Slam - Pit Blow - Mud Spider - Twin Blades - Trample Kick
Hold Against Leg - Uphill Battle - Brutal Tiger - Upper Knuckle - Thigh Combo - Sword Kick - Cannon Blow - Stab Armor
Big Wheel - Iron Palm - Katana Mist Slash - Brawling Uppercut - Counter Elbow Assault - Elbow Assault - Tornado Kick - Stinging Elbow
Back Tiger Fist - Backfist - Spinning Backfist - Iron Palm* - Charging Fist - Demolishing Fist - Breaking Wave* - Interior Dorsal Kick

Spiral Leg - Lawnmower - Ground Kick - Interior Knee - Heaven Flip - Charging Knee - Ankle Sweep - Flying Spear
Roundhouse Kick - Heel Kick - Shinbone Smash - Reverse Heel - Back Roundhouse Kick - Knee Kick - Tiger Thigh - Scorpion Tail
Spiral Cut - Feilian Thigh - Lotus Cutter - Breakout - Eclipse Kick - Engulfing Strike - Hidden Sandstorm - Twin Lotus
Shower of Spears - Grievous Strike - Brawling Uppercut 2* - Dancing Fist - Sudden Shear - Turbulent Thrust - Mountain Crusher - Maelstrom Strike*
Tiger Combo* - Twin Palm Flurry - Searing Flame - Rending Palm - Burrowing Full Moon - Four-Sided Kick - Chained Pit Slash - Thunder Palm
Tiger's Fury* - Dancling Swallow

*Iron Palm appears twice in the list but appears to be 2 separate moves.
*Brawling Uppercut 2 is a move that cannot be purchased or exchanged for. To obtain it, you must get a job in Niaowu as a forklift worker and work 1 shift. After the shift is over, Hong Dejing will tell you to meet him at 5 PM at the docks. He will teach you the move there.
*Tiger Combo - Cannot be purchased, must be exchanged for at the pawnshop. One of the items required to exchange is the "Dragon Carving" which I believe can only be obtained in the "The Greatest Fortune" sidequest.  
*Tiger's Fury - Cannot be purchased or exchanged for. Will be obtained as a reward in the Rose Garden arena when you go for the "Battle Master" trophy.
*Breaking Wave - Must be exchanged for. One of the required items in the set exchange is the Magnifying Glass which can only be obtained in Bailu Village at the prize exchange. Be sure to buy one in advance so that you are ready to trade it in later in Niaowu.
*Maelstrom Strike - Must be exchanged for. One of the required items in the set exchange is the Red Radio which can only be obtained in Bailu Village at Kong Mei Goods. Be sure to buy one in advance so that you are ready to trade it in later in Niaowu.
(Thanks in part to Siriodorione and natsu2233 for confirming several important details)

If I may add to this from a recent discovery

*Spiral Cut - Cannot be purchased, must be exchanged for at the pawnshop. One of the items required to exchange is the Blue Dragon Vase which can only be obtained in the "Heartbreak Kungfu" sidequest. Be sure to save this item and not sell it (like I did) so that you’re ready to trade it in later in Niaowu.

Edited by rhemelious
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, rhemelious said:

If I may add to this from a recent discovery

*Spiral Cut - Cannot be purchased, must be exchanged for at the pawnshop. One of the items required to exchange is the Blue Dragon Vase which can only be obtained in the "Heartbreak Kungfu" sidequest. Be sure to save this item and not sell it (like I did) so that you’re ready to trade it in later in Niaowu.

Thank you! I'll edit my post to include this info and credit you below.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

I want a video on niaowu 1f602.png

I checked everything several times, I still miss one or more herbs :(

There are a lot of herbs in the Area with no return after you travelled to the old Castle across the river.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

In the castle? It seems strange to me, I haven't found one and they don't count with the trophy.

Not in the Castle, downstairs when you die at the stairs to the castle you respawn, dont go up the stairs, go down. A green Area with gras, little bridges and water, 20 or 30 herbs there. You have Access to the pawn shop there too.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Not in the Castle, downstairs when you die at the stairs to the castle you respawn, dont go up the stairs, go down. A green Area with gras, little bridges and water, 20 or 30 herbs there. You have Access to the pawn shop there too.

I do not understand. There is an area with herbs AFTER having taken the boat that takes us to the castle area at the end of the game?

Edited by Siriodorione

3 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

I do not understand. There is an area with herbs AFTER having taken the boat that takes us to the castle area at the end of the game?

That's what I said. You have to die first at the stairs with the many opponents or at the Boss before Lan Di to get there, or there's another way I didn't find before. It's right behind the Pawnshop there with the sidequest, you have access to the pawnshop from both Sides (Inside House/Outside House), i think the reason is that you can buy health items after you died.

But I do not know if these herbs count for the Trophy or maybe this isn't Niawou anymore.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

2 hours ago, Sikutai said:

That's what I said. You have to die first at the stairs with the many opponents or at the Boss before Lan Di to get there, or there's another way I didn't find before. It's right behind the Pawnshop there with the sidequest, you have access to the pawnshop from both Sides (Inside House/Outside House), i think the reason is that you can buy health items after you died.

But I do not know if these herbs count for the Trophy or maybe this isn't Niawou anymore.

Sikutai is right, there is an area behind the pawn shop in Old Castle that opens up if you happen to die before reaching Lan Di. There are herbs there, however they are not required for the Niaowu herb collection trophy (Wild Wild Plant Master) or the Expert Herbalist trophy. So don't worry about these herbs unless you need a way to make money upon reaching Old Castle. 

Edited by ExistentialSolid
  • Like 4

Does anyone know how to acquire the 'Teddy Bear 8' in Niaowu that is needed for the 'Tiger Combo' skill exchange?

Edit: Nevermind. Found it myself. You can exchange the bear for Tokens on the upper floor of the Arcade at the big town square.

Edited by Samurai-Zoso
  • Like 1