Trophy help

ConeWarrior

Okay, I miss only the damned thousand fish xD 
I'll have taken a hundred of them by playing normally ...

The problem is the 4 minute wait for every hour of play that I have to put up with to go to sleep in Hotel :(
If I do the NG + and arrive until I unlock the secret fishing place is better? Or better to fish in niaowu to the left of the temple?

However, if I start with the NG + does it take into account the fish caught so far?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

Okay, I miss only the damned thousand fish xD 
I'll have taken a hundred of them by playing normally ...

The problem is the 4 minute wait for every hour of play that I have to put up with to go to sleep in Hotel :(
If I do the NG + and arrive until I unlock the secret fishing place is better? Or better to fish in niaowu to the left of the temple?

However, if I start with the NG + does it take into account the fish caught so far?

That's strange, during the fishing grind I never had to wait at the hotel until it was late enough to go to sleep. Are you fishing twice per day and catching roughly 25 fish with each fishing session (about 50 fish per day)?

Fishing in the secret fishing spot in Bailu Village might be a little faster than the spot in Niaowu to the left of the shrine because the pond in the secret fishing spot is smaller so less time will be spent reeling in the fish. However, the commute will be longer if you choose to fish in Bailu Village. Regardless of the spot you select, both will be similarly time consuming.

StacFace92 confirmed that the number of fish you catch in NG will carry over to NG+ if you choose to fish later in Bailu Village. 

Edited by ExistentialSolid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VmanMustDie said:

Do I have to do a side quest to unlock the fishing spot behind the warehouse?

Also, what capsule sets count for Capsule Hero? I just got the 15 set trophy when I already had 17 sets complete

Yes, you will have to complete the "Ryo Plays Cupid" subquest to unlock the fishing spot behind the warehouse. 

I'm fairly certain that every capsule set counts for Capsule Hero. It is possible that you need to have every set in your inventory to get the trophy. If you've traded or sold capsule sets, then you may need to recollect those sets for the trophy.

Edited by ExistentialSolid

10 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

That's strange, during the fishing grind I never had to wait at the hotel until it was late enough to go to sleep. Are you fishing twice per day and catching roughly 25 fish with each fishing session (about 50 fish per day)?

Fishing in the secret fishing spot in Bailu Village might be a little faster than the spot in Niaowu to the left of the shrine because the pond in the secret fishing spot is smaller so less time will be spent reeling in the fish. However, the commute will be longer if you choose to fish in Bailu Village. Regardless of the spot you select, both will be similarly time consuming.

StacFace92 confirmed that the number of fish you catch in NG will carry over to NG+ if you choose to fish later in Bailu Village. 

ok, I thought you had to wait for 9 PM to go to sleep, but it's not necessary.

However I'm fishing in niaowu and I can catch 30/32 fish for session, then 60/64 a day :) 

12 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

Yup, I'd advice picking the small pond in Bailu for quickly (well, relatively speaking) catching 1000 fish. You can haul in a fish in about 25-28 seconds (including load times) which adds up to about 33-35 per angle session. Definitely the fastest and, more importantly, most convenient way to get this grindy trophy done.

Edited by Samurai-Zoso
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

Yes, you will have to complete the "Ryo Plays Cupid" subquest to unlock the fishing spot behind the warehouse. 

I'm fairly certain that every capsule set counts for Capsule Hero. It is possible that you need to have every set in your inventory to get the trophy. If you've traded or sold capsule sets, then you may need to recollect those sets for the trophy.

Thing is, I haven’t sold a single set yet, and it only just gave me the one for 15 when I have 17 complete sets. Plan was to go for all the sets, but if it’s only certain ones, might as well save some time.

51 minutes ago, VmanMustDie said:

Thing is, I haven’t sold a single set yet, and it only just gave me the one for 15 when I have 17 complete sets. Plan was to go for all the sets, but if it’s only certain ones, might as well save some time.

I've received "Capsule Fan" (collect 5 series) while missing both the White Lure and Diamond-P that I gave to the boy in the very first side quest. So I'm pretty sure that you don't need every individual capsule/complete set in your inventory for the trophy to pop. As long as you've owned it at some point during your playthrough you should be fine.

Edited by Samurai-Zoso
  • Like 2

Weirdly enough, I feel as though if you do NG+, all the Licorice herbs you’ve collected will regrow and you have to collect all those ones again. I followed every single herb in that Bailu video and I swore I collected all of those. They just happened to regrow again

Now that I have the trophy, I never wanna hear the word “herb” around Bailu village again.

4 hours ago, MightyGrandus said:

Hey I'm struggling to find the "Tiger combo" or second Iron Palm skill books, I got 91 but I preordered and kickstarted it so I think 2 skill books don't count..

Tiger Combo can be exchanged for an item series at any pawn shop of your choosing. However, among those item is the Dragon Carving which you'll only receive towards the end of the game as reward for completing the last side quest "The Greatest Fortune".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Samurai-Zoso said:

Tiger Combo can be exchanged for an item series at any pawn shop of your choosing. However, among those item is the Dragon Carving which you'll only receive towards the end of the game as reward for completing the last side quest "The Greatest Fortune".

Ahh... I didn't notice that there were multiple pages... Welp i guess I got a couple I missed! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Hello, can anybody help me please.

There is a Move I can learn in Niawou from Bailins Brother, he is the Man where I can work with the Forklift. He said: "Come to me after 5 pm." I forgot it the first day, walked to him the second day after 5 pm but he teached me nothing. Can't I learn the nove now? Did I messed it up? This move is needed for a Trophy.

5 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Hello, can anybody help me please.

There is a Move I can learn in Niawou from Bailins Brother, he is the Man where I can work with the Forklift. He said: "Come to me after 5 pm." I forgot it the first day, walked to him the second day after 5 pm but he teached me nothing. Can't I learn the nove now? Did I messed it up? This move is needed for a Trophy.

Sorry to break it to you but unfortunately this is one of the instances where the game doesn't grant you a second chance or an alternate way to learn a move. You either have to reload a previous save file (provided you've created more than one) or do a second playthrough.

Edited by Samurai-Zoso
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Samurai-Zoso said:

Sorry to break it to you but unfortunately this is one of the instances where the game doesn't grant you a second chance or an alternate way to learn a move. You either have to reload a previous save file (provided you've created more than one) or do a second playthrough.

Thank you for your answer, I'll load an earlier save. So I have to meet him at the same day he say: "Meet me after 5 pm"?

26 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Thank you for your answer, I'll load an earlier save. So I have to meet him at the same day he say: "Meet me after 5 pm"?

Yeah, you work one shift and he'll teach you his move later that day. I've waited at the docks (left to the ferry terminal) and he engaged me shortly after 5 pm.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lonelinessman22 said:

Hello, I wonder if someone could help me. 

For getting the trophy Wild wild plant master for finding all herbs in Niaowu, I need to collect the ones that are in the castle? Or am I missing some herb very hard to find? 

No you don't need the ones in the castle. And I understand you're frustration. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I was wondering if there is any reason I got both trophies for collecting all herbs in Bailu and Niaowu, but not the Expert Herbalist one? Is there anything I'm missing (perhaps further herbs in the old castle or do you need to keep all herbs for this trophy and not sell them)? If the game forces me to start collecting all of these again, I'm afraid I'm done with trying to get the platinum. ? Thanks in advance for any hints.

7 hours ago, Elvoreth said:

Hi - I was wondering if there is any reason I got both trophies for collecting all herbs in Bailu and Niaowu, but not the Expert Herbalist one? Is there anything I'm missing (perhaps further herbs in the old castle or do you need to keep all herbs for this trophy and not sell them)? If the game forces me to start collecting all of these again, I'm afraid I'm done with trying to get the platinum. 1f602.png Thanks in advance for any hints.

Did you save after getting the trophy for the Bailu herbs, and then use the same save file to get the Niaowu herbs? The only thing I can think of is if you don't have both on the same save.

You definitely don't need the castle herbs, I didn't collect any there on any of my playthroughs and still got Expert Herbalist alongside Wild Wild Plant Master.

Edited by StacFace92
Looked at their trophy list order to rule out first potential explanation.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, StacFace92 said:

Did you save after getting the trophy for the Bailu herbs, and then use the same save file to get the Niaowu herbs? The only thing I can think of is if you don't have both on the same save.

You definitely don't need the castle herbs, I didn't collect any there on any of my playthroughs and still got Expert Herbalist alongside Wild Wild Plant Master.

Hi - thanks a lot for the feedback. Yes, I got the trophy for collecting all herbs in Bailu and then saved before climbing up the bell tower. After finishing the game, I loaded this file to get the missing trophies in Niaowu. The Plant Master was no problem, but Expert Herbalist didn't unlock along with it.

Anyway, I might have accidentally picked up one of these glitched herbs in Niaowu:

Just a guess, but maybe that's what messed it up for me and prevented the trophy from popping. Did anyone else have similar issues after picking up one of those herbs? If so, I'd recommend to stay away from them and hope this will get fixed soon. ?