After years of waiting for Xbox to make games I'm interested in...

Metal

Welcome aboard, Mister. I just recently returned to the forums and I must say, it feels quite dead compared to some years ago, but I am sure you will have a good time here. :D 

Well, 120.000GS equals 120 Platinums. That is quite a lot. But if you are really into achievements you will see, trophies are way more fun. :D Because a platinum is a platinum. 1.000GS can mean everything, so I lost the motivation to gather GS.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, FierceMetal said:

So far I've picked up God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Detroit Become Human and thanks to Ps+ I've just snagged Nioh, too! Bought a few indie games as well. I'm big into indie games (the good ones). Any recommendations on other games to check out would be sweet. Once I've chipped away at my little list, I will be looking to add Spider-Man for sure. 

You should look into the remake of Shadow of the Colossus and the Uncharted series on PS4. Really good games that should be cheap now aswell. You also got Heavy Rain ramaster and Until Dawn if you enjoy dialogue focused games with great plot. Welcome!

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

Welcome on the playstation console. Your list of exclusives already seems to be pretty good, without much information about what genres you like the most I find it hard to come up with a good list, especially since you already have most of the big guns, like God Of War, on your list, theres one game that comes to mind instantly though.

The big one is The Last Of Us Remastered, a game many people still hold in high regards despite it being a remaster from the PS3 era. Looking at the elements of the game it admittedly looks rather generic at first, but it delivers an awesome story, satisfying gameplay, amazing characters and a surprisingly nice and well thought out multiplayer. I would call this game a must play on playstation if you aren't absolutely opposed to the genre or the developer.

Other than that, some exclusives are just down to whether you like that kind of game. If you like shooting a lot with the occasional climbing and mild puzzle in between, I can recommend the Uncharted series. If you are into zombie survival games, Days Gone is a good bet. Shadow Of The Colossus and The Last Guardian have you covered in the action adventure department. There is also Bloodborne, a souls game quite a few people consider to be among the best PS4 exclusives, but as someone who has not played and will probably never play it i can't really speak about that games quality too much, I just know that playing Nioh told me that this kind of game sucks badly in my mind, but if you should end up liking Nioh, there is no reason not to buy Bloodborne due to their perceived similarity by many people. Last but not least I can recommend Ratchet and Clank, an action adventure game that is all about using and maxing the collection of weird and hilarious weapons, I had a lot of fun with that game thats for sure.

• Like 2

One of the only XBOX games I was really jealous over was Culdcept Saga. 1000s of hours poured into that over at my friends house back in the day.

Otherwise, welcome to the other side of the fence. You've traded infrastructure for library, but otherwise the platforms are pretty similar.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the replies! Have looked into some of the games you fine people have suggested and my list is getting bigger! 

Downloaded most of my purchases and everything is set up ready to go. I think tonight I will start the hunt! Going to warm up with a few favourite little indies and then get stuck in to some of these amazing triple As that I've been eager to play for far too long! Really appreciate the warm welcome! 

• Like 2

Welcome to the best decision you made when it comes to gaming :D!

Time flies it's been 2 years since I dumped steam for ps trophies so here's some games you should check out!

- Crash Bandicoot 

- Crash Bandicoot team racing

- Spiderman

- Spyro trilogy

- Medievil

- The last of us

- Bloodborne

- Death Stranding

- God of war

- Uncharted 1 2 3 4

- The Order: 1886

- Infamous Second Son

- Ratchet & Clank

- Days Gone

- Shadow of the Colossus

- Uncharted lost legacy

- Persona 5

I've pretty much summed up a lot of big titles I managed to platinum and you should really check them out. Great stories and adventures :D.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Time flies it's been 2 years since I dumped steam for ps trophies so here's some games you should check out!

- Crash Bandicoot 

- Spiderman

- Spyro trilogy

- Medievil

- The last of us

- Bloodborne

- Death Stranding

- God of war

- Uncharted 1 2 3 4

- Infamous Second Son

- Ratchet & Clank

- Days Gone

- Shadow of the Colossus

- Uncharted lost legacy

- Persona 5

I've pretty much summed up a lot of big titles I managed to platinum and you should really check them out. Great stories and adventures :D.

You forgot Life of Black Tiger =>

30 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

- Crash Bandicoot 

- Spiderman

- Spyro trilogy

- Medievil

- The last of us

- Bloodborne

- Death Stranding

- God of war

- Uncharted 1 2 3 4

- Infamous Second Son

- Ratchet & Clank

- Days Gone

- Shadow of the Colossus

- Uncharted lost legacy

- Persona 5

Woah, sooo many games! 

I've asked my wife for Death Stranding as a Christmas present. So pumped to play it. To be fair there's many on that list I'm pumped to pick up and play. Especially Bloodborne, Spyro and Ratchet & Clank! Always been very intrigued by The Order 1886 too. I heard it didn't review well but honestly, from what I've seen, seems like something I'd really enjoy. Maybe it was just a tad short for a launch title? That seemed to be what I heard most people disliked about it. 

Thanks for your post though bud. Hopefully I can Platinum all/if not the majority of that list too! 

Edited by FierceMetal

1 hour ago, FierceMetal said:

The Order 1886 too. I heard it didn't review well but honestly, from what I've seen, seems like something I'd really enjoy. Maybe it was just a tad short for a launch title? That seemed to be what I heard most people disliked about it.

Welcome to the club! :)

The Order 1886 is awesome. It's one of the best cover shooters on PS4 and the only reason it got a lot of hate was because of it's length. Too bad we never received a sequel because the setting in this game is really good too.

My suggestion for exclusive game that has not been mentioned yet: Gravity Rush 1 and 2 :)

Edited by HusKy

3 hours ago, FierceMetal said:

Woah, sooo many games! 

I've asked my wife for Death Stranding as a Christmas present. So pumped to play it. To be fair there's many on that list I'm pumped to pick up and play. Especially Bloodborne, Spyro and Ratchet & Clank! Always been very intrigued by The Order 1886 too. I heard it didn't review well but honestly, from what I've seen, seems like something I'd really enjoy. Maybe it was just a tad short for a launch title? That seemed to be what I heard most people disliked about it. 

Thanks for your post though bud. Hopefully I can Platinum all/if not the majority of that list too! 

The Order 1886 is under rated. Was a launch title for PS4, but its a great game if you can get it for 20 bucks or under. It's only about 6-8 hours long and have a really easy platinum if you care about that. The list that Deluziion90 posted is pretty much every single PS4 exclusive worth mentioning. Until Dawn might also be worth it since it is far better then Man of Medan. You could also get PS Now and try some PS3 exclusives like God 1, 2, 3 & Ascension while also giving you access to Uncharted 4 the new God of War and Bloodborne.

Edited by Quink666

Obligatory The Last of Us recommendation. It's my favourite game and I hate zombie fiction with a passion.

I should also mention God of War, Bloodborne, Spider-Man and the Uncharted series. They're some games I've had a lot of fun with.

Welcome and have fun.

Welcome! I was in a similar situation as you, altough not console but PC achievements. It is worth it though so many great enjoyable playstation games. I would highly recommend to put Bloodborne a the top of the recommendation list. Its one if not the best game out there. You already grabbed yourself some nice games to keep you occupied for a while. Good luck on the journey!