Yakuza series PLAYSTATION 3

shai_sr12345

Hello everyone. I need help with issue that I have.

After days and some thoughts about the yakuza game series, i finally desided to give it a try. But I want to play, the most majority of the series on the PlayStation3.

Also i find some problem, with the game catalogs for the series on the PlayStation3 version of the series.

First of all: i see some games in collection version, that have Japanese covers like 1&2 collection and some other PlayStation 3 Japanese version.

In my knowledge, i understand that all the games with the Japanese covers on the cases, are Japanese ports and the series, doesn't have english cover version for some of the games of the series for the PlayStation 3 system version of the series. Wich of the series have Japanese cover version only for the series ad does they have europe or us version beside of Japanese version.

Does they (the Japanese cover version of the series) have a English sub or subtitles build with them in the first place, or they did get a patch for English sub or subtitles in the future. 

Second: I've heard that the series have a remaster/remake version on the ps4. But I want to know, if they have a specific name, for the remaster/remake version of the game. And what they are called in other territories, becouse that what happened with some games on different countries and different territories for specific system version.

Also I heard that the series have name that called kiwami, does they spins off, and if not what are they supposed to be.

Third: what are those games in the series, and what are the place of them in the series: Kurohyō: Ryū ga Gotoku Shinshō (also I see sequel for this game). And what platform is on and if he have a remaster for other platforms of PlayStation system's .

Yakuza Ishin - same for this game and also the Yakuza: Dead Souls and last one Ryū ga Gotoku Kenzan! (does it the same game like Kurohyō: Ryū ga Gotoku Shinshō but a regular version and the Kurohyō: Ryū ga Gotoku Shinshōis the expanded one of the series). 

Also I wanted to say that someone tell me the order for the series is:

yakuza zero
yakuza kiwami
yakuza kiwami 2
yakuza 3
yakuza 4
yakuza 5
yakuza 6

But he didn't mention the other games that I see for the series like the other ones that I mention. I want to know exactly what are these game becouse it the first time that I am interested in the series and want to play them in the proper way and the easiest way to understand and play them with no other problems

P.s: sorry for my Misunderstanding of the post, but my English is not perfect as it used to be. 

Hope you will help me with the issue.

Have a nice day or evening/night (when you will look on this post). 

Yakuza 1, Yakuza 2 and Yakuza Ishin are all in Japanese, i have yet to do ishin, but i can speak to the previous 2 as I've done them.

These games are very heavily texted based and have lots of missables, which normally would make this nearly impossible to 100% for a non Japanese speaker.

These games have no subtitles on the ps3, though there are older versions of the games that have both english subtitiles and even english voices in 1.

Luckily for us, @soliunasm created 2 really good trophy guides that are hosted on PSNProfiles for both Yakuza 1 and 2 so that all English speakers can easily get the 100%, i would really recommend them.

Yakuza Kiwami 1 and 2 are re-imaginings of Yakuza 1 and 2, they both have a similar structure of the story, but they both have many additions and a few subtractions, the additions are far too numerous to count, but from a gameplay point of view, they are basically different games.

The order you wrote out seems correct to me, though i haven't played much of Yakuza 3 and 5, so i could be wrong.

I find it hard to understand a lot of your post, so i hope i answered at least some of what you asked.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

So, I have the Yakuza Kiwami that was a PS Plus released game back in November 2018. Can I just start with this one or ?

Despite Kiwami being a remake of 1 it adds a bunch of new scenes for Nishiki since he was horribly underdeveloped in 1, references, and substories which tie back to 0 and follow it. Kiwami is specifically expecting you to have played 0 because it builds upon gameplay mechanics, characters, and setups introduced in 0. You can play Kiwami first if you want to, but I'd wholly recommend starting with 0 if you're going to go that route assuming you don't want to touch the PS2 version of 1.

• Like 1

Totally respect your decision to play them on the PS3, but it's never been a better time to play them on the PS4, from early next year onwards you'll be able to experience the entire main entry collection English versions of 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 all on the same console in their entirety. Well worth doing it all there in my opinion. Either way, hope you have a great time with them all, truly one of my favourite franchises of all time and i can't wait for the English version of Yakuza 7 next year.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

22 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

@soliunasm

so i've played and loved the yakuza series for a while now, i've beaten all them, but i have absolutely no idea how to play most of the japanese minigames like mahjong, shogi, and all the dice games, what is the best way to learn that stuff, how did you do it?

When it comes to the Japanese games I've got writeups on how to play every game in my Ishin guide. Just ctrl+F your game in this list for my full tutorials on them since there's a lot to explain.

Mahjong looks complicated but it's pretty simple, there's just rules that penalize you if you steal tiles from other players when they discard them. You can either check out my Ishin guide for my own writeup on mahjong, or you can check out the more in-depth one for Yakuza 0. It's somewhat like gin rummy if you have ever played that card game.

You never have to learn shogi ever for any of the games. All the moves in 2 for the story are predetermined and you can just pay your way out of it anyway. For the completion list you can always just go to a shogi player, choose challenge 1, Youtube your game + shogi challenge 1 and get a video detailing the exact moves then just do that a bunch of times. If you for some reason want to do something like beat Esper Itou in Dead Souls (Which isn't required for anything but your own satisfaction) or you want to rise the ranks there's a program called Shogidokoro that is a client to play against an AI. Just download the SpearShogi AI (Which is a grandmaster tier AI) and have that AI play against the game AI and it will always win. I have never learned this game so I never bothered to learn it and never plan to.

Koi-koi will obviously be the most confusing game to play, it's got a bunch of rules for hands but once you learn what makes special hands it gets to be super simple.

Cee-lo is just rolling dice and either getting special rolls or your roll is based on the outlying number when you roll a double.

OIcho-kabu plays like baccarat, so you want to reach as close to 9 as possible to beat the dealer or the players. If a dealer equals your hand the dealer wins instead of you drawing.

Cho-han is just you guessing if the dice will be evens or odds and then once you guess correctly enough you can start guessing the exact number(s) of the dice or even the distance between the numbers on the dice.

Oh, and to answer your question to how I learned them, the answer is simple. I just kept replaying them over and over while looking up the rules on Wikipedia until things started to click. Koi-koi took me like ten games to understand what constituted a special hand and what to keep or discard on top of how the AI plays, Cee-lo, Oicho-kabu, and Cho-han are so easy to pick up there's no issues with them since the most they have is a couple special rolls and you learn them very quickly. Mahjong took me longer because I had to be told how yaku work and not to steal stuff, but once I learned those I started looking at the simpler hands (Full Straight, All Doubles, no 1 or 9 tiles, wind/double wind, table wind, dragon tiles, Full Color Straight, Identical Sequences, No-Point Hand) and once you learn those simpler hands you will notice your wins start accumulating way more because you now know how to turn your mess of a hand into a winning one and what way you should go with it. Still kind of lost on how ura-dora works, but overall I really enjoy mahjong now.

Edited by soliunasm