KANERKB

Is the sniper ghost warrior games any good?

8 posts in this topic

As the title askes. Is the sniper ghost games any good? I have picked up the first one and think I might get the others if the series is good but yeah. The games I want to really know the most of is either 1 and 3 if them two are any good and how is it in terms of comparing it to say the sniper elite series and so on.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1-3 have some buggy trophies and 3 is a trainwreck on a technical level by all accounts but I can't comment on Contracts, because I know nothing about it.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but not on PS, 1&2 are like at a constant 20fps, awful performance on PS3. Not played 3 but heard it has performance issues, plays better on Pro. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

1-3 have some buggy trophies and 3 is a trainwreck on a technical level by all accounts but I can't comment on Contracts, because I know nothing about it.

 

33 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Yes but not on PS, 1&2 are like at a constant 20fps, awful performance on PS3. Not played 3 but heard it has performance issues, plays better on Pro. 

ah thanks for both of you for the feedback, but I  want to ask if 3 is at all good on a normal ps4 and if it is at all fun.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't a huge fan of the first two, but the third, despite some technical issues was actually good fun. I enjoyed the switch to open world and it felt like a Far Cry game to me. Not nearly as good as Far Cry at all, but in how you had camps to take out, targets to assassinate, various missions requiring travel across the map and crafting ammo, etc. Overall I'd recommend it as it can be fun, but the story could have done with being a little less predictable and cliché. 

 

As for Contracts, not played it yet, but based off of how much I enjoyed the third I will play it at some point. Hope this helps you a bit with your decision.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

 

ah thanks for both of you for the feedback, but I  want to ask if 3 is at all good on a normal ps4 and if it is at all fun.

3 should be ok now.  I don't remember how long after release I got the platinum but it was fine when I played it.  I have played more technical nightmares than it like a certain Tom Clancy game called breakpoint.  Getting the platinum in 3 is super fast a day or two tops.  It is good fun for that day or two.  I'm finding contracts to be even better but it is a bit more difficult and a bit buggy as it just launched, nowhere near unplayable.  Contracts is sandbox open world where you have multiple objectives spread across a map and you can tackle them any way or order you want.  Just how a sniper game should be imo.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

3 should be ok now.  I don't remember how long after release I got the platinum but it was fine when I played it.  I have played more technical nightmares than it like a certain Tom Clancy game called breakpoint.  Getting the platinum in 3 is super fast a day or two tops.  It is good fun for that day or two.  I'm finding contracts to be even better but it is a bit more difficult and a bit buggy as it just launched, nowhere near unplayable.  Contracts is sandbox open world where you have multiple objectives spread across a map and you can tackle them any way or order you want.  Just how a sniper game should be imo.

Ah, I think I might get it as if it is fun and not as buggy as most say it is I might give it a go as I like homefront 2 and that game is buggy but it is good

 

27 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

Sniper Elite is MUCH better IMO

oh I can tell but I like giving games like this a go.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.