Heroland trophy thoughts

MidnightDragon

• 4 weeks later...

I've got every trophy except the one for getting all the furniture at this point.  It's not all that hard or anything, just really long. I have no idea how many hours I've played, but it's gotta be a pretty high number by now.  You need to pay attention during some fights to use items and whatnot, but for a lot of the fights you can just let them go and they'll do just fine(always turn on the x3 speed...base speed is stupid slow).   From the in game list I seem to be missing about 16 pieces of furniture.   I know where 4 more are, but after that I don't know what I'm missing.  I went through the list off all the missions and checked the treasure drops against what I have and I couldn't find anything else that I'm missing.  After I get the 4 I know I about I'll check over the list again to try and find some.  It's really gonna suck if i can't find them after putting so much time into the game.

A few notes for anyone that might be playing.  The game saves after every fight, so if an enemy/treasure doesn't drop what you want/need, then you can close the game and load it back up to keep trying at that spot until you get what you want.    Max friendship level is 9.  Don't worry about grinding that out early.  I had pretty much everyone at level 7 by the time I beat the main story, then you can finish them up post game pretty quickly while grinding for furniture/plushies/replicas. 

A couple trophies acted weird.  The ones for all replicas and all plushies didn't pop right when I got the last items.  They popped once I picked up a few more(ones I already had).   Game is a huge grind and really repetitive, but I've never really gotten bored of it.  I've been watching stuff on Netflix/Hulu/etc. while playing, which is probably the only reason I've been able to not get seriously burned out on the game.

Edit:  I went through each level and typed the possible treasure rewards into a text document, then compared the list to what I have, deleting from the list as I went, and I had everything, so I had no idea what to do for a little bit.  I was still missing 12 pieces of furniture.  I was just messing around and clicked a random location and figured it out.  There are 4 "gotcha" machines you can spend money on and get furniture at random.  Each one has 3 pieces of furniture.  They are located in the office, the beach, the entrance, and the plaza.  Back your save up to the cloud/usb/whatever before going for them.  They are extremely random and shitty.  I spent ALL of my money and didn't get the items(I had a save backup, though).  Guess I gotta keep trying and downloading my save over and over again until I manage to get them all.  The grind through the rest of the game didn't really bother me, but these gotcha machines are terrible.

Edited by DoctorBaofu
  • Like 3

I was stuck on missing 12 furniture so thank you about the gatcha machine i didint know lol As for he game i 100% agree with DoctorBaofu, i had fun in the beginning and liked the humor and all the references made about older game and stuff like that. but boy did the game started getting tedious and repetitive and super grindy so fast.... its alwaysssss the same thing. Since the dungeons are always on rail you dont really do anything... no exploration or nothing, so do that for like 40+ hours and it get boring fast sadly

50 minutes ago, OverlordLaharl said:

I was stuck on missing 12 furniture so thank you about the gatcha machine i didint know lol As for he game i 100% agree with DoctorBaofu, i had fun in the beginning and liked the humor and all the references made about older game and stuff like that. but boy did the game started getting tedious and repetitive and super grindy so fast.... its alwaysssss the same thing. Since the dungeons are always on rail you dont really do anything... no exploration or nothing, so do that for like 40+ hours and it get boring fast sadly

Yeah.  You play the first dungeon and you pretty much know what the entire game is.    It has some decent writing and funny moments and I enjoyed it overall.  I just highly suggest watching some Netflix while doing the dungeons/fights to counteract the boredom.  That helped me a lot.   I would also recommend save scumming the hell out of everything, if you actually want the platinum that is.  Otherwise, you will be doing the same dungeon WAY more than you need to trying to get one specific treasure/plushie/replica.

Glad I helped you with the last 12 furniture, btw.  I had no idea where they were.  I had started wondering if new missions would unlock if i got everyone to level 50 or something, but then I just decided to click on the office location for no real reason and found the machine.  The game doesn't alert you to that at all.  I have no idea when they become available either, I assume it's post game, but can't say for sure.

7 hours ago, DoctorBaofu said:

Yeah.  You play the first dungeon and you pretty much know what the entire game is.    It has some decent writing and funny moments and I enjoyed it overall.  I just highly suggest watching some Netflix while doing the dungeons/fights to counteract the boredom.  That helped me a lot.   I would also recommend save scumming the hell out of everything, if you actually want the platinum that is.  Otherwise, you will be doing the same dungeon WAY more than you need to trying to get one specific treasure/plushie/replica.

Glad I helped you with the last 12 furniture, btw.  I had no idea where they were.  I had started wondering if new missions would unlock if i got everyone to level 50 or something, but then I just decided to click on the office location for no real reason and found the machine.  The game doesn't alert you to that at all.  I have no idea when they become available either, I assume it's post game, but can't say for sure.

Yeah i only had the 12 missing for my platinum and i was really wondering where the fuck did i miss them since i had the monster dex at 100% >.< Tbh i muted the game while playing, was watching twitch or YT  or else boredom would have killed me. I think i was reading the story for like... maybe the first 30-40% of the game? Then i just stopped caring sadly... I REALLY wanted to love the game since it was made by one of the guy that that made Mother 3 but this was way too repetitive :/

14 hours ago, OverlordLaharl said:

Yeah i only had the 12 missing for my platinum and i was really wondering where the fuck did i miss them since i had the monster dex at 100% >.< Tbh i muted the game while playing, was watching twitch or YT  or else boredom would have killed me. I think i was reading the story for like... maybe the first 30-40% of the game? Then i just stopped caring sadly... I REALLY wanted to love the game since it was made by one of the guy that that made Mother 3 but this was way too repetitive :/

I was mainly watching Psych on Amazon while playing.  I read most of the main story stuff, mostly because it was fairly well written, and did hit a few decent jokes.  I did skip through most of the side quest dialogue, though.  

I can definitely see someone getting completely burned out, and not even finishing the game.  It almost plays like one of those clicker games(Clicker Heroes or Idle Champions), since you do almost nothing during fights.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/25/2019 at 7:32 PM, DoctorBaofu said:

I can definitely see someone getting completely burned out, and not even finishing the game.  It almost plays like one of those clicker games(Clicker Heroes or Idle Champions), since you do almost nothing during fights.

That's actually what I really liked about the game (I already finished those two you mentioned ;)).. It'll play mostly by itself and I can watch anime on the 2nd tv (I got two tvs side by side, gaming on one, laptop hooked up to the other for anime watching, regular tv channels on neither tv, gaming and anime only :P). The humor is hilarious so far (in chapter 3 now), the side quests have the same quality jokes so far. I do keep notes on which enemy item drops I didn't get yet and which furniture I didn't get yet. And I'm mostly making sure I get everything before moving on to the next (side)quest. There's a fantastic guide on GameFaqs for those interested: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/switch/240619-heroland/faqs/78092

The information about the 12 missing furniture pieces is really appreciated!

*edit after having obtained the platinum*

Trophy wise this game is extremely straightforward with no missable trophies: clear all story and side quest dungeons, get all enemy item drops and clear dungeon rewards, buy and use every item and weapon, that's pretty much it.

Buying those last 12 furniture items mentioned above cost me only about 550.000 $tarfish (the currency), at this point I already had 2.8 million, so whatever right :).

You're looking at 90-100 hours, lots of grinding and most of all, lots of funny story. I laughed so much with all the quests and side quests and even with the small scenes that aren't part of any story quest or side quest.

To repeat myself: keep notes of which enemy item drops you got and which dungeon clear rewards you got. Every enemy drops at least one item, half of them drop two items. Not one enemy item drop is shared between enemies, you have to get every item drop from every enemy. Almost all dungeon clear rewards can be gotten from 2 or 3 different dungeons, again: keep notes.

It's also probably a good idea to not move forward with any story or side quest until you got every enemy item drop and dungeon clear reward from the new story or side quest dungeon before moving on to the next one.

Swap characters, simply play your weakest characters whenever possible so they all level up. Also distribute double items between the characters, prioritizing the ones with lowest friendship level/xp.

If you want a specific dungeon clear reward: the game saves after every fight. So, do the last fight but don't open the chest. Upload your save to the psn+ cloud or to a usb flash drive, boot up the game, open the chest and if it's not the item you want simply put back your safe and try again, and again, and again until you get the item you want. You can probably do this for each fight for getting the item drops you want as well. I only did this for getting the dungeon clear rewards of the last post game dungeon after haven gotten everything else by simply grinding it out.

Have fun! I certainly did ^_^.

Edited by de_digibeet
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

Hey all!

I'm on my second play through because the trophy for maxing out all friendships never unlocked for me despite everyone being Level 9. Hopefully it unlocks the second time through.

My question though is this: has anyone else had problems getting Alfie the bear to drop his plushie? I couldn't get it to drop on my first play through and, so far, this play through either. He just drops the hammer over and over again. I'd hate to go through this entire thing again only to find it's glitched out for whatever reason, be it update or some other reason.

So......it never fails, does it? Literally after hitting the Submit Reply button, the next Alfie fight dropped the plushie.

Thanks for the good luck, forum! ?

Edited by Cmndr_Yoshi