Official Server Shutdown announced: January 2021

Juxta-Dowgle

1 minute ago, SlimSanta94 said:

The game is cheap as chips anyway, you can get a physical copy for £2 in most stores here.

haha yeah I think I got it for 99p from Game about a year ago. I haven't even played it yet but might give it a go soon whilst it's still alive

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SlimSanta94 said:

The game is cheap as chips anyway, you can get a physical copy for £2 in most stores here.

Most definitely. I saw it for $5 at a local Gamestop a year and a half ago. Was just letting people know they can no longer go download the F2P version if they don't already have it on their download list.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trope Hore said:

can the premium currency reduce the grind in some capacity?

No, it’s used to buy the DLC maps (known as Operations in-game) and characters (though they can be gained for free anyway).

You can use it to buy loot boxes, which contain Gear, but they don’t actually reduce the time to Plat by any noticeable amount.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Trope Hore said:

can the premium currency reduce the grind in some capacity?

I haven't played it yet personally, but the true achievements article stated the following;

''Battleborn features a lot of DLC achievements as part of its Season Pass. That Pass has also been removed from digital stores, though we presume that it may still be available to purchase in-game using Battleborn's Platinum virtual currency. The Pass is reportedly 4200 Platinum to purchase, which according to the latest prices on Battleborn's Platinum Packs would cost players about $25. Again, this premium currency is being taken from sale in February 2020, so if you consider DLC counts towards your 100% completion and you want to get it, you need to make sure you have the DLC purchased in the next couple of months – or be prepared for a significant grind to earn enough Platinum in-game to pay for it before the whole thing shuts down in 2021. There's no word on whether the Season Pass content will be made free for players hanging for the game's final year, but given that the publisher are happily to keep taking money on the Platinum currency for the next two months, we suspect that this won't happen.''

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Juxta-Dowgle said:

Gearbox have announced that from February 24th 2020 you will no longer be able to buy virtual currency, and from January 2021 that games servers will be shutdown for good (no exact date as of yet).

https://www.trueachievements.com/n39833/battleborn-server-closure

If you want those trophies make sure you do so before then.

Thank you for that message. Looks like my backlog wraps up the strapon again but not with papa smurf. But in the end I am the one who says. Yes! I defeated you for all time! You will never rise from the ashes of your shame and humiliation!

I started this game a couple of weeks ago but then put it on hold because I kept getting errors saving match history after each match. What this meant is that it didn't save any progress I made in that match on character or player levels or on the character specific challenges, making progress impossible. I looked around and this seemed to be a known issue that has popped up multiple times since a patch at some point. Hopefully this issue is resolved and please note that not everyone may be effected by this issue. :unsure:

I knew this day was coming. Luckily, I got all of the trophies just a few days ago and it took me 10 months to get 100%. 

25 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

I started this game a couple of weeks ago but then put it on hold because I kept getting errors saving match history after each match. What this meant is that it didn't save any progress I made in that match on character or player levels or on the character specific challenges, making progress impossible. I looked around and this seemed to be a known issue that has popped up multiple times since a patch at some point. Hopefully this issue is resolved and please note that not everyone may be effected by this issue. :unsure:

This issue helps you grind out platinum currency. The game rewards you platinum for doing the daily challenges but doesn't register that you've done them but you still get rewarded the currency. Something to take advantage of when you see it.

There's also an issue doing Alani's lore challenges where one of them doesn't register properly and one of Kelvin's needs to be done online.

Edited by JiII-Valentine--

49 minutes ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

I knew this day was coming. Luckily, I got all of the trophies just a few days ago and it took me 10 months to get 100%. 

This issue helps you grind out platinum currency. The game rewards you platinum for doing the daily challenges but doesn't register that you've done them but you still get rewarded the currency. Something to take advantage of when you see it.

There's also an issue doing Alani's lore challenges where one of them doesn't register properly and one of Kelvin's needs to be done online.

Which Alani lore challenge is glitchy?