Official Server Shutdown announced: January 2021

Juxta-Dowgle

On 2/27/2020 at 6:14 PM, AJ_-_808 said:

Borderlands 3 is getting its next expansion March 26th.  Leave open the possibility that increased traffic on those servers may affect these ones again.

It's best to finish this up asap while everything is in good working order.

I warned a month ago that this might happen, but I was hoping I'd be wrong.  If it's anything like like last time, itll take them a couple months to be working properly again

17 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I warned a month ago that this might happen, but I was hoping I'd be wrong.  If it's anything like like last time, itll take them a couple months to be working properly again

I stopped awhile back because nothing was saving. I hadn't heard it was working again until I saw someone playing it.

25 minutes ago, GhostsxShadow said:

I stopped awhile back because nothing was saving. I hadn't heard it was working again until I saw someone playing it.

Allegedly, these issues are caused by increased activity on their other servers (borderlands 3). If it's the same thing, it should go back to saving in a month or two once the increase from the borderlands 3 expansion does down.

It's a weird situation, but I'd suggest running a 5v1 capture or suicide a story level on hardcore every few days to see if it saves.

Edit:

In the meantime, anyone needing platinum currency might be able to exploit the server status now.

For anyone unfamiliar, if you complete your mission during the match, and the servers dont save, the mission progress wont update/complete, but you'll still get the platinum/credit reward.

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

In the meantime, anyone needing platinum currency might be able to exploit the server status now.

For anyone unfamiliar, if you complete your mission during the match, and the servers dont save, the mission progress wont update/complete, but you'll still get the platinum/credit reward.

Do you know how much you can farm a match? And how long does a match take?

Edited by TazDevilz1986

44 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Do you know how much you can farm a match? And how long does a match take?

It depends on your mission, because there's 3 different payouts if I recall correctly.

Here's an example of what a daily mission could be: kill 5 LLC battborn, reward 10 platinum.  Now you could easily boost that with a partner and gain 10 platinum every few minutes.  Alternatively, for this example, you could load up a 1v1 capture match and hope the ai picks an LLC as your opponent.

Should probably verify the server status because people are still earning trophies

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Just tried it now and I get a message telling me it's unable to communicate with the Battleborn server and I can't see my rank. My lore progress is fine however as far as being viewable.

It won't let me start a match as well. Ugh.

I already finished battleborn but I helped my friend, that's because of boardlands 3 DLC expansion whenever boardlands gets an update or expansion this will happen. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
4 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Today's the last day. If you start now, you will probably not get anything. Just delete the game or use the disc as a drink coaster after today.

Servers don't close on a Sunday, thus the actual closure date will be Monday, February 1st.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Servers don't close on a Sunday, thus the actual closure date will be Monday, February 1st.

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but this was posted in a Battleborn discord server from a guy that works at Gearbox. Looks like the servers could go down tomorrow 1/31 at 5pm GMT.

https://imgur.com/a/ACpNhtq

Can't say if he knows for certain or how accurate this will be, but thought some of you might like to know. Don't shoot me if they stay up until Monday, but I'm rushing to finish things up by the time in this guy's post. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Today's the last day. If you start now, you will probably not get anything. Just delete the game or use the disc as a drink coaster after today.

Honestly most people probably wouldn't have been able to complete this even in a week if they started.

The 100% for me was about 112 hours and that was doing almost everything in private matches by myself, mostly due to the difficult RNG that can happen in different situations setting things up. Then some stuff like Alani's Ult need to be practically boosted as trying to gather 5 enemies or teammates together by yourself is like good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frEr0ck said:

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but this was posted in a Battleborn discord server from a guy that works at Gearbox. Looks like the servers could go down tomorrow 1/31 at 5pm GMT.

https://imgur.com/a/ACpNhtq

Can't say if he knows for certain or how accurate this will be, but thought some of you might like to know. Don't shoot me if they stay up until Monday, but I'm rushing to finish things up by the time in this guy's post. 

Shit, that sounds very official so is most likely correct :(.

21 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Honestly most people probably wouldn't have been able to complete this even in a week if they started.

The 100% for me was about 112 hours and that was doing almost everything in private matches by myself, mostly due to the difficult RNG that can happen in different situations setting things up. Then some stuff like Alani's Ult need to be practically boosted as trying to gather 5 enemies or teammates together by yourself is like good luck.

This^

At the bare minimum even if the stars align, you're looking at 2-3 weeks to Plat and 100% this game if you played nothing else during that time. The absolute latest you could have of started this game and at the very least Platinumed it, was the end of December 2020/first week of January 2021 - any later and you wouldn't have made it.

I got this game at launch & played the hell out of it for months, I was even in the top 10 for first 100% completion & a bunch of the trophies I believe although I've not checked in sometime so could have dropped.

Sad to see it going offline, it was a genuinely fun game when it had the active player base to support it, writing for the characters was great too. It's a pity they've made no effort to preserve it or make it useable offline.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

I got this game at launch & played the hell out of it for months, I was even in the top 10 for first 100% completion & a bunch of the trophies I believe although I've not checked in sometime so could have dropped.

Sad to see it going offline, it was a genuinely fun game when it had the active player base to support it, writing for the characters was great too. It's a pity they've made no effort to preserve it or make it useable offline.

Aye :(. At the very least they could have added P2P connections so even if the connection sucked, at least you could still play with others or even bots if no-one else was around. I reckon with more development time, they could have found a way to implement an offline mode of some description and still have your stats track (since stat tracking was the lame reason given in the first place as to why the game had to be online only). I'm going to screenshot all my stats in the morning and spend as much time playing this as I can, before the servers go offline.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

19 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Aye :(. At the very least they could have added P2P connections so even if the connection sucked, at least you could still play with others or even bots if no-one else was around. I reckon with more development time, they could have found a way to implement an offline mode of some description and still have your stats track (since stat tracking was the lame reason given in the first place as to why the game had to be online only). I'm going to screenshot all my stats in the morning and spend as much time playing this as I can, before the servers go offline.

Yeah, they were actively listening to the player base at one point, that's why all the trophies became so much easier so I'm surprised they never made it P2P or offline accessible although more than likely either Randy Pitchford or 2K blocked any attempts at this before they got off the ground 

Back when I did it, some of the lore challenges were a nightmare, all the kill ones had to be done in PvP matches against real people & don't even get me started on the ones needing X amount of kills on a specific character (needing to kill Ambra 25 times as Galilea in particular was a nightmare for a long long time as next to no-one played Ambra due to her kit being so poor until she eventually got buffed).

From what I've read it can all be boosted against bots in private now & numbers required are lower so I'm surprised more people haven't achieved it.

I'm hoping someone somewhere has managed to grab all the voice lines & makes a soundboard, some of the dialog was hilarious, ISIC & Kleese especially.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath
Typo
  • Like 2

I'm four trophies short of the platinum. With a family and limited gaming time, I couldn't quite make it across the line! It's a shame. I would have loved to have completed this game. It's a shame it's online only. With everything doable in private matches (except for Kelvin's 'Micro, Macro, Mist Me) there's no obvious reason why it has to be online only. 

11 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

Yeah, they were actively listening to the player base at one point, that's why all the trophies became so much easier so I'm surprised they never made it P2P or offline accessible although more than likely either Randy Pitchford or 2K blocked any attempts at this before they got off the ground 

Back when I did it, some of the lore challenges were a nightmare, all the kill ones had to be done in PvP matches against real people & don't even get me started on the ones needing X amount of kills on a specific character (needing to kill Ambra 25 times as Galilea in particular was a nightmare for a long long time as next to no-one played Ambra due to her kit being so poor until she eventually got buffed).

From what I've read it can all be boosted against bots in private now & numbers required are lower so I'm surprised more people haven't achieved it.

I'm hoping someone somewhere has managed to grab all the voice lines & makes a soundboard, some of the dialog was hilarious, ISIC & Kleese especially.

I bought Battleborn at launch but the Lore Challenges were such a PITA even after being nerfed, that I settled for just chipping away at the Plat when I could be bothered to. The bot mode was a godsend when they initially released it as a limited time thing but it proved so popular, Gearbox made it a permanent feature. I managed to get practically the entire Plat done in 2 weeks and the ease of it, completely rejuvenated my interest in the game but unfortunately it was too little, too late for a lot of people so the playerbase continued to decline to the point we're now at :(.

7 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

I'm four trophies short of the platinum. With a family and limited gaming time, I couldn't quite make it across the line! It's a shame. I would have loved to have completed this game. It's a shame it's online only. With everything doable in private matches (except for Kelvin's 'Micro, Macro, Mist Me) there's no obvious reason why it has to be online only. 

I understand your point, but seriously .. there was more then enough time for everyone to complete this .. they even stretched the time for 6 days more.

Everyone, who didn't finished it yet and wanted to finish it, just started too late in the first place or didn't put enough effort in. This game is doable with 1-2 weeks nolifing or 2 months with limited time like in your case ^^