Game Recommendations for 6 Y/O Daughter

Lidiardo

14 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Gta 5

In all seriousness any lego games are really fun and will keep them entertained for hours. Plus the trophies are very simple and most will come naturally so they will get that beloved ping now and again

You joke.. BUT... the 6 year old has asked me i if can play the horsey game.... (god bless you RDR2) Lol!!!!! Needless to say that only happens when i'm riding the horse around and gets turned off immemidately when the sheriffs come to town! ?

Interesting recomendations, thanks all, feel free to keep them coming

• Like 1

Bloons TD 5 if you play and they sorta choose what towers you want for fun towards the end of levels. It does require strategy so maybe not something they'll get just yet.

But watching monkeys on screen throw/shoot all assortment of things to pop a trail of balloons would probably be enjoyable for any kid lol. (shit I'm 29 and I still love it lmfao)

I mean...some Artifex Mundi games might be interesting for them to watch but the puzzles may be outside of their grasp unless you guide them. They are point and clicks that don't require much coordination outside of the puzzles. If they don't scare easy you could even try out some of the "scarier" ones.

That's pretty much all I have. :/ I guess if you don't mind them playing button mashers then One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 could be ok for the 6 year old? Simple enough controls.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lidiardo said:

You joke.. BUT... the 6 year old has asked me i if can play the horsey game.... (god bless you RDR2) Lol!!!!! Needless to say that only happens when i'm riding the horse around and gets turned off immemidately when the sheriffs come to town! ?

Interesting recomendations, thanks all, feel free to keep them coming

Looks like a very pleasent game untill sheriffs arrive lol

30 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Only if it'd be boys :)

But jokes aside: Rayman Legends is something i intend to play with my nephew when he's 6 or so :)

F#ckin loved that game. 2d platformer of the decade that bad boy

Out of my backlog, I would recommend:

• Child of Light. A simple RPG in which you can play with 2 players if I am not wrong. It has a princess and lots of fantasy elements. They would certainly love it!
  • Digimon Cyber Sleuth on easy mode. Despite some elements being a little complex for them, the random encounters are really easy and you can even AUTO the battles. Careful with boss fights though, they might need your help. Digimon Next Order would be nice as well, but it is a little more complex to progress in the game with a kid standing next to you I would say.
  • Dungeon Punks. A simple dungeon action game with coop where you can just grind and spam normal attacks.
  • Rime/Journey. Simple yet beautiful games!!!

I guess the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, and even the partially casual pandering Team Sonic Racing (which contrary to popular belief still has technical gameplay and is very competitive in the right hands) would be too complex for her. (I recommend them two years later, though, for the 6yr old anyway.) I don't know, man. Even all the 2D (and 3D) games I can think of at some points require some kind of above average intelligence or are complicated enough for kids those ages (6yr old too?): Skylar and Plux: Adventures on Clover Island, Unravel, Shantae series, Journey, Sonic series, Fox N Forest, etc, so I don't know.

Edited by EcoShifter

1 hour ago, Lidiardo said:

Hi all,

I've just recenty introduced PS4 gaming to my two daughters (6 year old and 4 year old). The idea is some weekends we'll sit together for an hour and play some games and its something they've really enjoyed.

So far we have played two games; Storm Boy (mini games were fun) and Donut County (another fun game where moving the hole around is about right level for their use of controller).

Any suggestions as to other easy games (similar to above in regard to aesthetic, use of controller/buttons - which is something they still struggle with) i can try with them moving forward?

Thanks

Oh... and if any of the games have easy trophies, then thats a bonus as they also really like it when the trophy pops in the corner! Hahaha, no idea where they get that from.. 1f609.png

I might be biased, but i grew up with this series on my PSOne, so Spyro. Maybe look into the Skylanders games? Definitely get a LEGO game, as my niece really loves LEGO Dimensions. Some games that would be fun for the both of them, without much involvement might be Just Dance. Maybe get a SpongeBob game?

4 years old player??

I'm definitely from other generation.

I was thinking if it would be right for my 11 y/o niece Uncharted lost legacy as a gift. But it seems that she should be ready for GTA V already lol.

Hmm, back on topic, Thomas was alone, Rime and Snoopy's Grand Adventure are very easy and obviously Lego games.