Game Recommendations for 6 Y/O Daughter

Lidiardo

4 hours ago, Lidiardo said:

Hi all,

I've just recenty introduced PS4 gaming to my two daughters (6 year old and 4 year old). The idea is some weekends we'll sit together for an hour and play some games and its something they've really enjoyed.

So far we have played two games; Storm Boy (mini games were fun) and Donut County (another fun game where moving the hole around is about right level for their use of controller).

Any suggestions as to other easy games (similar to above in regard to aesthetic, use of controller/buttons - which is something they still struggle with) i can try with them moving forward?

Thanks

Oh... and if any of the games have easy trophies, then thats a bonus as they also really like it when the trophy pops in the corner! Hahaha, no idea where they get that from.. ?

Disney Infinity (but plats no longer possible), just try to get a few figures that have worlds. Tinkerbell, maleficent and others although without them will be hits. Depending on their creativity they can have loads of fun in creation mode.

Skylanders, story is more boyish, but it's good against evil. The games are good in all aspects you'll need to buy a few figures, there's some that will appeal to them.

Lego Harry Potter

Little Big Planet, not all kids like

Harvest Moon: Light of Hope (Harvest Moon, Rune Factory will appeal but only this one for PS4, Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny for PS3, or New Little King Story for the Vita)

Atelier games, perhaps in a few years, or right now

Any game tie in with movies they like

Unfortunately, there's a ton more interesting stuff for kids of both sexes on Nintendo consoles. Sony simply doesn't understand that market.

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Lidiardo said:

Hi all,

I've just recenty introduced PS4 gaming to my two daughters (6 year old and 4 year old). The idea is some weekends we'll sit together for an hour and play some games and its something they've really enjoyed.

So far we have played two games; Storm Boy (mini games were fun) and Donut County (another fun game where moving the hole around is about right level for their use of controller).

Any suggestions as to other easy games (similar to above in regard to aesthetic, use of controller/buttons - which is something they still struggle with) i can try with them moving forward?

Thanks

Oh... and if any of the games have easy trophies, then thats a bonus as they also really like it when the trophy pops in the corner! Hahaha, no idea where they get that from.. 1f609.png

My 8 year old niece, has been enjoying LEGO Movie: The Videogame, whenever she visits.

It's pretty easy for kids to play/progress, has safe content and doesn't require the user to press very many buttons at once.

Throw on cheats like infinite health and they shouldn't get frustrated. 

20 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

4 years old player??

I'm definitely from other generation.

I was thinking if it would be right for my 11 y/o niece Uncharted lost legacy as a gift. But it seems that she should be ready for GTA V already lol.

Hmm, back on topic, Thomas was alone, Rime and Snoopy's Grand Adventure are very easy and obviously Lego games.

Yeah the 4 year old just likes copying her sister! Haha. So moving the hole around in Donut County was fun for her and sort of 'included' her. They also played a bit of Brothers so they could have one stick each. Again, they weren't able to really solve the puzzles or anything, but just gave them an opportunity to run around with me providing silly commentary.

Lego games getting a lot of mentions ?

• Like 1

Little Big Planet 100%, cute platformers for everyone and you mostly move in 2D so not overly complicated. You can all play together and won't jump on each other or anything like the New Super Marios Bros. series because there's no collisions between players, you can pass through anybody.

21 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

4 years old player??

I'm definitely from other generation.

I was thinking if it would be right for my 11 y/o niece Uncharted lost legacy as a gift. But it seems that she should be ready for GTA V already lol.

Hmm, back on topic, Thomas was alone, Rime and Snoopy's Grand Adventure are very easy and obviously Lego games.

My kids have been playing games since they were 3. Still had a couple of snesses... sneses...? snes's? ... super nintendos, so I dusted one of for them to enjoy Mario, Donkey Kong Country and a whole bunch of other classic games. My 3rd is coming up to that age, and is already 'training' with his older siblings (with a disconnected controller. You know how it goes with younger siblings :P). My 2nd is 6 and kicks my ass in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate (not that I've play much of it, but still ?).

A game I've not seen recommended yet is Yooka Laylee and the impossible lair. Decent game that was created by some of the people that made Donkey Kong Country (and is heavily inspired by it). Great fun if you enjoy platformers. Unfortunately it only has single player, so it would be swapping controllers.

• Like 2

Flower, Journey and Hohokum are all nice games with wonderful presentation that necessarily won't require finesse in the controls department if your kids are still gamers-in-training. They don't have time limits so you can take your time just freely wandering around.

Edited by Eyjabria

• Spyro: Reignited Trilogy
  • Asterix & Obelix XXL 2/3
  • Journey, Flower
  • LEGO Harry Potter
  • Cat Quest
  • Minecraft
  • Overcooked
  • Unravel
  • Portal Knights
  • Tearaway Unfolded
  • Yooka-Laylee
  • Child of Light

And also some tycoon game could be great. I remember playing Zoo Tycoon on PC as a really young kid with my dad and sister and it was a great fun and it still remains as one of my fondest childhood memories. Hopefully your kids will like some of these games that me and others suggested here. :)

No :(

Must show them the gaming culture of nes snes ps1!

They'll never appreciate the culture!

But if it must be ps4 my 8yr old niece at the time loved to play Fat Princess, and I know that came to ps4.

I dunno if the servers are still up though :/

There's also dance revolution/just dance that she enjoyed as a kid

And hmmm

-Goosebumps

-Slime Rancher?

-My Riding Stables?

But in reality they will enjoy anything you play because !you! play it. 

I still think they should be playing nes snes and ps1 though! Get those classics running!