Trophy/game thoughts: Azur Lane Crosswave

NullSpace84

Becoming more and more interested in this product as the weeks advance. :) Fewer trophies than I anticipated, but almost all of 'em look to be a sure thing given investment. Although, also, IF has come a long way since the bafflingly obscure days of Cross Edge and indiscernible route conditionals, but either way I don't foresee a painful trek through the story scenes, episodes, gallery unlocks, and so forth.

I like the trophy arts, plus they continue to lift the font from the early days of HDN - for consistency, natch~ They're punks, however. 'Nya'? 'Skinship'? They know their audience, and I admit attendance.

I read a trim yet neat Compile Heart interview about Crosswave today, for those interested: https://twinfinite.net/2019/11/azur-lane-crosswave-interview/

• Like 4

I ordered the special edition through Limited Run Games. The only Compile Heart game I have played was 4 Goddesses Online and I really enjoyed it. 

Collecting all the rare items could be tough if it's like Bullet Girls: Phantasia. I still haven't finished that because the RNG and grind is so brutal...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/11/2019 at 4:28 AM, Larx said:

Becoming more and more interested in this product as the weeks advance. :) Fewer trophies than I anticipated, but almost all of 'em look to be a sure thing given investment. Although, also, IF has come a long way since the bafflingly obscure days of Cross Edge and indiscernible route conditionals, but either way I don't foresee a painful trek through the story scenes, episodes, gallery unlocks, and so forth.

I like the trophy arts, plus they continue to lift the font from the early days of HDN - for consistency, natch~ They're punks, however. 'Nya'? 'Skinship'? They know their audience, and I admit attendance.

I read a trim yet neat Compile Heart interview about Crosswave today, for those interested: https://twinfinite.net/2019/11/azur-lane-crosswave-interview/

This game could have the most tedious list but because it's Azur Lane, I'm all in!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

I pre-ordered this as soon as they got more stock in but it's almost painful having to wait until Feb 21st for it to come out. Here's the official unboxing video:

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ug, I made a mistake on this one kinda going in blind. The only thing I looked up in regards to trophies before starting was if there are any missable ones. Once I saw there were none, I dove in without looking at trophies again till today. And with that said, I wasn't rotating my secretary ship like, almost at all. Now here I am, I completed every mission in the game with S rank, unlocked all ships, and even have a couple ships at level 200. And in regards to affection, I have a lot of ships at "crush", and I do mean a lot. But then I read to get them to "love" they have to be your secretary ship for 10 fights. So now I'm looking at a loooong boring grind. 

So that leaves me with a question. Once I complete a mission I can just hit repeat after the fight to have it count as another mission right? Cause I've now done extreme 001 with U-81 as my secretary and while having her in my fleet and completed the mission 10 times this way. But when I went back to the dock it still says crush, did I miss something? Or do you actually have to exit out and go back in after each battle? 

Either way, don't do like me folks and rotate rotate rotate. Man this is gonna suck. 

3 hours ago, Champ147 said:

So that leaves me with a question. Once I complete a mission I can just hit repeat after the fight to have it count as another mission right? Cause I've now done extreme 001 with U-81 as my secretary and while having her in my fleet and completed the mission 10 times this way. But when I went back to the dock it still says crush, did I miss something? Or do you actually have to exit out and go back in after each battle? 

Yes you can hit replay after clearing a mission, no need to exit (thankfully)

One of the requirements for getting to “love” status with your girl is doing the Cognition Awakening, which it seems you have done already for some girls from what you’ve said. You’ve done everything else correctly, so if you do a Cognition Awakening on U-81, she should be at love status and ready to oath!

Here’s a little more detailed explanation from the trophy guide for getting love status: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/9705-azur-lane-crosswave-trophy-guide#6-pledge-to-the-rose-goddess

Edited by Sebastian
More Info

7 hours ago, Sebastian said:

Yes you can hit replay after clearing a mission, no need to exit (thankfully)

One of the requirements for getting to “love” status with your girl is doing the Cognition Awakening, which it seems you have done already for some girls from what you’ve said. You’ve done everything else correctly, so if you do a Cognition Awakening on U-81, she should be at love status and ready to oath!

Here’s a little more detailed explanation from the trophy guide for getting love status: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/9705-azur-lane-crosswave-trophy-guide#6-pledge-to-the-rose-goddess

Thanks for the tip but something happened to where I'm not at love yet. I have every characters Awakening so they all now have the 200 level cap. And I did 10 fights with her in my fleet and as secretary and it's just at crush. I'll do a few more fights that way and see if it changes. Who knows, maybe I failed to count to 10. Anything possible when it's late at night and your dew supply runs out. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Champ147 said:

Thanks for the tip but something happened to where I'm not at love yet. I have every characters Awakening so they all now have the 200 level cap. And I did 10 fights with her in my fleet and as secretary and it's just at crush. I'll do a few more fights that way and see if it changes. Who knows, maybe I failed to count to 10. Anything possible when it's late at night and your dew supply runs out. 

I agree, the late night unable to math properly hit me many times on this game, as I'd get irritated going back to the menus and trying to propose or awaken to realize they haven't hit the threshold yet. For the amount of ships its an annoying grind but thankfully the skirmishes are very short and once you are well leveled you can breeze through it all. 

The marriage scenes were a bit generic and bland, like the whole affection system was just tacked on. But when you have boat waifus, I suppose you gotta love em all

Edited by MyNameIs_Rainman
Spelling

• 6 months later...
On 26.4.2020 at 5:04 PM, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

I agree, the late night unable to math properly hit me many times on this game, as I'd get irritated going back to the menus and trying to propose or awaken to realize they haven't hit the threshold yet. For the amount of ships its an annoying grind but thankfully the skirmishes are very short and once you are well leveled you can breeze through it all. 

The marriage scenes were a bit generic and bland, like the whole affection system was just tacked on. But when you have boat waifus, I suppose you gotta love em all

Tip: you can propose from the fleet selection screen after you chose the battle. At least if you previously aquired the corresponding cognitive chip or promise ring. For the propositon, if you lost count, go back to the battle selection, check, and restart the same battle again if needed...

I just finished the game and have mixed feelings about it. The story is ok, no problem with that, I have seen more obscure setups than this.

For the whole story part me as the player was not involved or addressed in any way. But any fleet selection raises a love status, without any explanation, and I have to marry all of them? I‘m not very familiar with the Waifu genre, but I was very irritated by the girls‘ attitude towards marriage, most of them questioning themselves to be worthy enough to get married and them being unhealthily devout...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcdfan said:

Tip: you can propose from the fleet selection screen after you chose the battle. At least if you previously aquired the corresponding cognitive chip or promise ring. For the propositon, if you lost count, go back to the battle selection, check, and restart the same battle again if needed...

I just finished the game and have mixed feelings about it. The story is ok, no problem with that, I have seen more obscure setups than this.

For the whole story part me as the player was not involved or addressed in any way. But any fleet selection raises a love status, without any explanation, and I have to marry all of them? I‘m not very familiar with the Waifu genre, but I was very irritated by the girls‘ attitude towards marriage, most of them questioning themselves to be worthy enough to get married and them being unhealthily devout...

I agree, the player has 0 connection aside from the love interests, which felt shallow since it had no bearing on the story, they all have their scripted interactions, you simply are just there viewing the events unfold. And I havent dabbled much into them either, just some games with marriage mechanics and some fanservice, but it just felt tacked on in here

• 7 months later...

I just started this game and honestly I'm glad I got it severely discounted, I was originally gonna pick it up day 1 but didn't. Glad I didn't, and I enjoy the mobile game as a quick casual thing. Seeing that they just made the mobile gameplay 3D basically in this game but much less larger scale. It's disappointing this a great IP and they could've done so much more. Btw the overworld roaming feels more clip Art basic and linear then any Kemco published game...