PSN Code - Different countries

Pieckenhagen4

Hello,

Can you please clarify me on this:

If I buy a PSN Plus subscription code in the UK, and use it on my Portuguese account, will it work?

I know that with different regions (USA - EUROPE - ASIA) it does not work, but my doubt is UK and Portugal are both from the same Sony region? Both countries are from Europe, I'm not sure if Sony consider it this way..

11 minutes ago, Pieckenhagen4 said:

Hello,

Can you please clarify me on this:

If I buy a PSN Plus subscription code in the UK, and use it on my Portuguese account, will it work?

I know that with different regions (USA - EUROPE - ASIA) it does not work, but my doubt is UK and Portugal are both from the same Sony region? Both countries are from Europe, I'm not sure if Sony consider it this way..

No it will not work, cards (codes) are country-specific.

• Like 1

It has to be from the same country, even in the situation where the two countries use the same currency.

For example I could purchase an Italian PSN code for my Belgian account (I don’t actually have a European PSN account). Both countries have the EU currency (€) yet despite this the Belgian PSN account won’t recognise my Italian code because it has to be in the same country.

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Japan a seperate PlayStation region from the rest of Asia?

if you need a place to buy them kind of codes this site is the best https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/psn-cards just make sure you go to the bottom of the page on the site and change it to the type of money you use and then pick the card you want to buy then boom done it is how I got a us card from a giveaway someone did.

Edited by KANERKB
  • Like 1