PS+ December 2019

DEI2EK

3 hours ago, Bairuto said:

You do realise that most people subscribe to plus for the ability to play multiplayer? So the most logical sense is to have some plus games that have multiplayer. Also like everyone else has said, Titanfall 2 is fantastic, and from memory the multiplayer trophies take like 20 minutes so you can knock them over immediately and never touch it again, but it is really fun also.

You must've missed the part where I said it was my opinion (and therefore absolute fact). ?

That is good to hear about the Titanfall 2 trophies though. I actually didn't bother looking up the trophies since I remember an interview from a Titanfall dev where they said they spend like 90% of the time designing the single player and then just tack on multiplayer right at the end before shipping and then everyone who plays only does the multiplayer and doesn't even bother starting the campaign, so I figured they would've done a multiplayer heavy trophy list.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

You must've missed the part where I said it was my opinion (and therefore absolute fact). 1f609.png

That is good to hear about the Titanfall 2 trophies though. I actually didn't bother looking up the trophies since I remember an interview from a Titanfall dev where they said they spend like 90% of the time designing the single player and then just tack on multiplayer right at the end before shipping and then everyone who plays only does the multiplayer and doesn't even bother starting the campaign, so I figured they would've done a multiplayer heavy trophy list.

I did see that, don't worry I really don't mind if you don't like multiplayer games in the slightest, was just offering my opinion as to why they're usually included in the lineups, which you probably had already known yourself ? Titanfall is brilliant and definitely offers a challenge with the Becomes the Master trophy, it is overall very polished and satisfying

2 hours ago, sona_11 said:

Ugh ... I don’t think I’ll ever get a good ps+ game in my entire life 

If you still haven't had one you considered good yet, maybe you should stop subscribing cause your Cyberpunk 2077 and Last of Us 2 same day release free games aren't coming anytime soon

4 hours ago, Bairuto said:

You do realise that most people subscribe to plus for the ability to play multiplayer? So the most logical sense is to have some plus games that have multiplayer. Also like everyone else has said, Titanfall 2 is fantastic, and from memory the multiplayer trophies take like 20 minutes so you can knock them over immediately and never touch it again, but it is really fun also.

Many of us have been subscribers from the days where MP was free and Plus was actually a great service with decent games, solid discounts and exclusive sales.

Now Plus has become a requirement to access online play, with an increasing number of always online games coming out. It is unfortunate that people have convinced themselves that paying for online access is now just fair and reasonable. The digital store sales have been atrocious and the flash sales now are just a joke. 

Sony has downgraded the Plus free games significantly, and done a great job convincing people that they are getting a great deal. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Many of us have been subscribers from the days where MP was free and Plus was actually a great service with decent games, solid discounts and exclusive sales.

Now Plus has become a requirement to access online play, with an increasing number of always online games coming out. It is unfortunate that people have convinced themselves that paying for online access is now just fair and reasonable. The digital store sales have been atrocious and the flash sales now are just a joke. 

Sony has downgraded the Plus free games significantly, and done a great job convincing people that they are getting a great deal. 

Many of us including myself dude, I remember too. Except I am able to realise that times change and some things that were free are no longer free. Now I am not defending Sony, nor am I saying that paying for online is great, but every service given by Sony Microsoft and Nintendo all have a paid subscription to play online. And believe me that as a vita owner I was disappointed that they stopped giving vita games out too, but after that initial disappointment I decided that it was alright and I kept paying for plus. Fast forward to now where plus has been needed for years if you want to play online, and the changes to the amount of games has been different for months and months now. 

I just don't understand why people who keep getting let down by this service keep paying for it anyway, almost like they do just for the right to complain more and more. Seriously either bite the bullet and pay for it, but then don't complain because it is your own choice, or stop paying for it and get proven right when the games aren't up to your standard. How many people come to these threads every month just to leave a quick reply like, oh this sucks these games are shit, leave, and then do it all over again the next month? A bunch of people is the correct answer, and it's just dumb. 

I shouldn't have to defend my opinion that plus is worth it but I find myself having to because if anyone doesn't stand up to the big mean corporations they get branded and shill and an idiot. Sony isn't robbing you, they're offering a service that you are buying and then feeling ripped off by, which is on you not them. Don't like it don't buy it, it is literally that simple. BTW this isn't necessarily aimed at you more the general rhetoric that is present in these threads and the one you based your argument on.

• Like 3

I haven't done much on Titanfall 2 yet except get the hard trophy out the way and do some multiplayer with friends. It is a good game but as everyone has said it's so cheap to buy that it doesn't really feel like a headline game for PS+, especially when they are touting it as "Games worth £62.98"

As for Monster Energy Supercross, another average game, 5/10 on Push Square. I've done Onrush and Horizon Chase Turbo that were free on PS+ and they were average as well. I don't feel like another average racer so I'll give this one a miss.

At least my backlog doesn't grow!

Edited by FawltyPowers
  • Like 1

WOW people don't half moan! Everything from "it has alliance with EA" to "it's a shooter" to "I hate fucking multiplayer". Jesus just appreciate the fact it is fucking free and if you don't like these ones you might like the next ones.

Plus has been good for a while now and the last few months has provided something for everyone (well, barring the melts who are never happy)!!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

WOW people don't half moan! Everything from "it has alliance with EA" to "it's a shooter" to "I hate fucking multiplayer". Jesus just appreciate the fact it is fucking free and if you don't like these ones you might like the next ones.

Plus has been good for a while now and the last few months has provided something for everyone (well, barring the melts who are never happy)!!

Its actually not free your spending 60$ to get access to play multiplayer on any multiplayer game and throughout that year you will get 2 “free games” each month that could be good or bad. But when that year expires you can’t play the “free games” you added to your library so people go and get another year of plus mainly for multiplayer but to play those “free games” If multiplayer was free maybe only the people who purchase plus would complain. I’m fine with titanfall but monster energy out of all the racing games that came out in 2014-2018 we got this? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Strike-Runner said:

Its actually not free your spending 60$ to get access to play multiplayer on any multiplayer game and throughout that year you will get 2 “free games” each month that could be good or bad. But when that year expires you can’t play the “free games” you added to your library so people go and get another year of plus mainly for multiplayer but to play those “free games” If multiplayer was free maybe only the people who purchase plus would complain. I’m fine with titanfall but monster energy out of all the racing games that came out in 2014-2018 we got this? 

You pay that fee to play MP so they don't have to give the games at all. So you are fine with one of the games which would likely have cost you $5 anyway so there is your monthly fee covered regardless. Throw in all the other great games we have had this year and I have saved well over the figure I paid for Plus in the first place. Nobody will ever like them all, personally I used to hate all the indie shite we used to got given but I appreciate that others liked it and enjoyed it. Why complain every month when the games aren't what you want, just cancel the bloody thing or get on with it. It costs me just over £4 a month to play MP and get gems like The Last of Us for free!! What is to complain about.

• Like 1

I tried PSN+ for the free month they gave back in 2011 after PSN got hacked. 

Didn't see anything that interested me, especially since it was nothing more than a game rental subscription service where you lost access to everything you had been "gifted." The digital discount wasn't deep enough to make up for the monthly fee I would have already paid out and I could get physical copies much cheaper used than what PSN would offer. 

Now that it's mandatory for online MP play, for the few instances I would use it, it's still not worth the purchase price...in fact, the mandatory paid online service subscription is one of the big reasons why I haven't upgraded to the current generation...that and the fact that there are MAYBE 10 games for the current generation that I really would like to play...everything else is either a rehash of a previous generation being rebooted, re-rendered or digitally upgraded with more pixels or a knock-off that would just sit in the pile of thousands of other games waiting for my attention.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

You pay that fee to play MP so they don't have to give the games at all. 

This meme again... Do people like this even realize what they're saying? Pay for MP? Dude there's NO dedicated servers! ?. Literally all PSN is, is an overglorified login authentication service. It's all p2p bullshit, and the game companies are paying to host matchmaking servers! That's why we have unachievable plats. You think it's $60 for Sony to cover online costs or something, it's actually $60 to get past the online paywall, get some exclusive deals, avatars etc and 2 games per month (which you lose if you stop paying btw), the "free" games are included in the price obviously... ?

• Like 1