DEI2EK

PS+ December 2019

157 posts in this topic

Just now, panikooooos said:

This meme again... Do people like this even realize what they're saying? Pay for MP? Dude there's NO dedicated servers! 1f602.png. Literally all PSN is, is an overglorified login authentication service. It's all p2p bullshit, and the game companies are paying to host matchmaking servers! That's why we have unachievable plats. You think it's $60 for Sony to cover online costs or something, it's actually $60 to get past the online paywall, get some exclusive deals, avatars etc and 2 games per month (which you lose if you stop paying btw), the "free" games are included in the price obviously... 1f604.png

Can I play MP games without plus? If I want to play conquest on Battlefield for instance, can I do so without plus?

Just now, freddie1989 said:

Can I play MP games without plus? If I want to play conquest on Battlefield for instance, can I do so without plus?

Nope

39 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

You pay that fee to play MP so they don't have to give the games at all. So you are fine with one of the games which would likely have cost you $5 anyway so there is your monthly fee covered regardless. Throw in all the other great games we have had this year and I have saved well over the figure I paid for Plus in the first place. Nobody will ever like them all, personally I used to hate all the indie shite we used to got given but I appreciate that others liked it and enjoyed it. Why complain every month when the games aren't what you want, just cancel the bloody thing or get on with it. It costs me just over £4 a month to play MP and get gems like The Last of Us for free!! What is to complain about.

There's really no denying the value has taken a huge hit since they removed Vita and PS3 games. I imagine a lot of the disappointment is in getting games you already own. And then ones you have no interest in. When you go from 6 games to just 2, either scenario becomes more of a reality. I looked back over the whole year, and I really only got one game that I played and highly enjoyed. Modern Warfare. And I can buy that fairly cheap now, as once a game goes on Plus, its value tanks very quickly. 

The multiplayer is really the only reason for me to subscribe, it seems. But we didn't pay for it on PS3 or Vita. It's a nasty, predatory practice that was started by Microsoft. Now everyone knows they can get easy money for it, so they all charge..

2 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

Nope

Then I am paying to be able to play MP games.

I'm just excited about that Titanfall 2 will have more people playing it online again.

Just now, DamagingRob said:

There's really no denying the value has taken a huge hit since they removed Vita and PS3 games. I imagine a lot of the disappointment is in getting games you already own. And then ones you have no interest in. When you go from 6 games to just 2, either scenario becomes more of a reality. I looked back over the whole year, and I really only got one game that I played and highly enjoyed. Modern Warfare. And I can buy that fairly cheap now, as once a game goes on Plus, its value tanks very quickly. 

The multiplayer is really the only reason for me to subscribe, it seems. But we didn't pay for it on PS3 or Vita. It's a nasty, predatory practice that was started by Microsoft. Now everyone knows they can get easy money for it, so they all charge..

Oh I get people's complaints pal but like I say it is to play MP now and the games are a bonus. No interest in MP then no need to subscribe in fairness.

The last 6 months have all brought at least 1 game that I have had on my wishlist so those alone have paid for my membership.

Just now, freddie1989 said:

Then I am paying to be able to play MP games.

Yes, but that is not all you're paying for, you're also paying for the chance to get some good games and discounts. These aren't separate or free that's what I'm saying, it's part of the deal, you wouldn't get them without Plus so according to your argument you're paying for them, also. 

2 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

Yes, but that is not all you're paying for, you're also paying for the chance to get some good games and discounts. These aren't separate or free that's what I'm saying, it's part of the deal, you wouldn't get them without Plus so according to your argument you're paying for them, also. 

I would still be paying for ti regardless and I see the games as an added bonus. If they had taken the free games away I would still require plus and would still pay the price.

I get your point which is better than stupid comments like 'I hate it because it's a game associated with EA' which sounds like something a fucking child would say.

Hell one idiot even said they hate MP, well don't buy fucking Plus then!!

Edited by freddie1989

9 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Oh I get people's complaints pal but like I say it is to play MP now and the games are a bonus. No interest in MP then no need to subscribe in fairness.

The last 6 months have all brought at least 1 game that I have had on my wishlist so those alone have paid for my membership.

If only I were that lucky. Lol. But yeah, I have numerous games with multiplayer, so I don't know how long I'll stay unsubscribed. But I also have plenty of single player games to weather the storm, until there are either some better offerings or a better Plus discount. I mean, it's only $5 more than previous years, but I'm a poor and cheap bastard. :P I imagine some of the value will return once the PS5 launches, and they start giving away games for that.

5 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

I get your point which is better than stupid comments like 'I hate it because it's a game associated with EA' which sounds like something a fucking child would say.

You saw this a lot with the new Star Wars game, too. Respawn really does seem to make some quality games, though. Anyone who hasn't played Titanfall 2 should give it a shot, at least.

4 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

If only I were that lucky. Lol. But yeah, I have numerous games with multiplayer, so I don't know how long I'll stay unsubscribed. But I also have plenty of single player games to weather the storm, until there are either some better offerings or a better Plus discount. I mean, it's only $5 more than previous years, but I'm a poor and cheap bastard. :P I imagine some of the value will return once the PS5 launches, and they start giving away games for that.

You saw this a lot with the new Star Wars game, too. Respawn really does seem to make some quality games, though. Anyone who hasn't played Titanfall 2 should give it a shot, at least.

I am cheap as shit pal which is why I don't have these games LOL! In truth my backlog builds and I just don't pick new stuff up. Maybe just pile your MP ones together, subscribe for a couple of months to blast them out then cancel.

11 hours ago, Bairuto said:

If you still haven't had one you considered good yet, maybe you should stop subscribing cause your Cyberpunk 2077 and Last of Us 2 same day release free games aren't coming anytime soon

tenor.gif?itemid=10349372

9 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

I am cheap as shit pal which is why I don't have these games LOL! In truth my backlog builds and I just don't pick new stuff up. Maybe just pile your MP ones together, subscribe for a couple of months to blast them out then cancel.

Lol. That's an option. Blasting through any past Plus games I might want to play whenever I resubscribe, too, is something I considered.

Edited by DamagingRob

I always buy the PS Plus on sale. In 2016/2017/2018 i bought like 7 PS Plus 12 month cards for 35€ each (34 dollars). If you just get them on sale it shouldn't be too bad. We got games like Detroit, Heavy Rain PS4 and many other good titles. So it's worth it for me alteast.

But it sucks that we only get 2 games now, before we got 2 PS3 games, 2 PSV and 2 PS4. They dropped like 4 games. :/ While Xbox still has 4 games on Games With Gold. (2 Xbox 360 games and 2 Xbox One games).

Edited by TazDevilz1986

I played the campaign on titanfall 2 it was fun, but I already own it, no real interest with Super cross 

6 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

You pay that fee to play MP so they don't have to give the games at all. So you are fine with one of the games which would likely have cost you $5 anyway so there is your monthly fee covered regardless. Throw in all the other great games we have had this year and I have saved well over the figure I paid for Plus in the first place. Nobody will ever like them all, personally I used to hate all the indie shite we used to got given but I appreciate that others liked it and enjoyed it. Why complain every month when the games aren't what you want, just cancel the bloody thing or get on with it. It costs me just over £4 a month to play MP and get gems like The Last of Us for free!! What is to complain about.

The fee for multiplayer should be less then 60 and yes you are right they don’t need to give out games every month but they are because they are competing against x box. as a consumer u have to see what your money is worth if PlayStation didn’t have games coming out every month why would I spend 60 for a year for just multiplayer if I could go to x box spend 50 for a year n every month get 2 games and play old games from 360. Plus used to be good having 6 games every month 2 for each system but they stopped it, now it’s 60 for 2 games. And the last of us is a great game but when the game re released for ps4 the majority of people already bought that game there are a lot of people playing the online probably just to platinum the game or because the game is more active since it on plus for everyone who has plus.

Just glad that more people will get to see how underrated TF2 is. One of the few multiplayer games I actually enjoy playing.

Also getting  the Becomes the Master trophy after hundreds of tries was one of the greatest sense of accomplishment I had when I first started trophy hunting.

Glad TF2 is free despite it being cheap like all the time. People will bow learn that it's one of the best fps of the generation. 

Don't care about the other one. I still think we deserve more than 2 games.

13 hours ago, Strike-Runner said:

The fee for multiplayer should be less then 60 and yes you are right they don’t need to give out games every month but they are because they are competing against x box. as a consumer u have to see what your money is worth if PlayStation didn’t have games coming out every month why would I spend 60 for a year for just multiplayer if I could go to x box spend 50 for a year n every month get 2 games and play old games from 360. Plus used to be good having 6 games every month 2 for each system but they stopped it, now it’s 60 for 2 games. And the last of us is a great game but when the game re released for ps4 the majority of people already bought that game there are a lot of people playing the online probably just to platinum the game or because the game is more active since it on plus for everyone who has plus.

We all know they do it due to competition, do you think these corporate tight arses would give anything away for free if they didn't have to? It seems even when they give a great game out you and a lot of others will find a reason why it is still a negative. What would you like?!

23 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

It seems even when they give a great game out you and a lot of others will find a reason why it is still a negative. What would you like?!

I just want polished games that don't require DLCs to get 100% trophy completion. PS+ was supposed to be a service that saved me money, but too frequently they give "free" games that have $20+ worth of story/trophy DLC and Season Passes. It's tough to support a platform like that and not have some negative feedback.

33 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

We all know they do it due to competition, do you think these corporate tight arses would give anything away for free if they didn't have to? It seems even when they give a great game out you and a lot of others will find a reason why it is still a negative. What would you like?!

I would actually like to choose or vote my monthly games or if you already have that game your next purchase should be come with a discount, or something that makes it worth buying ps plus not just for the online. Hell I would be happy if they bump up the plus games to 3 or 2 vr n 2 regular ps4 games. Something new is what I ask. plus was 50 before n now it’s 60 so the majority of people expect great games. 

8 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I just want polished games that don't require DLCs to get 100% trophy completion. PS+ was supposed to be a service that saved me money, but too frequently they give "free" games that have $20+ worth of story/trophy DLC and Season Passes. It's tough to support a platform like that and not have some negative feedback.

Low and behold Titanfall, polished and from what I am told a really good game with no DLC. Still not happy?!?

2 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Still not happy?!?

I'm not thrilled, but not upset. TF2 has been in the bargain bins for two years now, but that's irrelevant to this particular case. You can't feed me prime rib once after making me eat shit sandwiches for 6 months and expect me to smile.

Edited by Helyx

14 minutes ago, Strike-Runner said:

I would actually like to choose or vote my monthly games or if you already have that game your next purchase should be come with a discount, or something that makes it worth buying ps plus not just for the online. Hell I would be happy if they bump up the plus games to 3 or 2 vr n 2 regular ps4 games. Something new is what I ask. plus was 50 before n now it’s 60 so the majority of people expect great games. 

Not sure us voting on the games is realistic is it. I would like Cyberpunk and Watch Dogs Legion on release for free please?! All well and good wanting more but we used to get half arsed indie shite. Personally I would rather have 2 decent ones than 4 piles of crap.

14 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I'm not thrilled, but not upset. TF2 has been in the bargain bins for two years now, but that's irrelevant to this particular case. You can't feed me prime rib once after making me eat shit sandwiches for 6 months and expect me to smile.

Off the top of my head we have had Darksiders 2, Arkham Knight, The Last of Us, Nioh, Outcast 2 all in the last few months. All really good top rated games. Certainly not the shit you make it out to be. You seem to be content with stacking 4 minute piles of shite or 2 hour plats the rest of the time so what's up with these?!

3 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Off the top of my head we have had Darksiders 3 , Arkham Knight, The Last of Us, Nioh, Outcast 2 all in the last few months. All really good top rated games. Certainly not the shit you make it out to be. You seem to be content with stacking 4 minute piles of shite or 2 hour plats the rest of the time so what's up with these?!

Try to keep up man, I said: "I just want polished games that don't require DLCs to get 100% trophy completion" and half of what you named contains just that.

As for my recent trophy activity, don't confuse me burning through my backlog in anticipation for the PlayStation 5 as a means for you to try and take a dig at the style of games I enjoy playing.