How much PS3 games in total was ever made

shai_sr12345

Google don't give me a answer to this question. So I thought I will ask here the question. 

I don't care if the game have a trophies list or not the question goes to either physical (mostly physical) and only digital game's. 

Hope you can help me with that question 

Edited by shai_sr12345
  • Like 1

Hmm, interesting.  You'd have to define what you mean by "PS3 game" though.

If you go to "Games" on this site and filter by platform, there are 2,409 listings for PS3.

Then you'd have to decide what to include in your list:  do you subtract region stacks since they're the same game?  Do you add ports from older consoles even though they weren't designed for the PS3?  It's up to you how to define your list, but I bet 2500 would be pretty close.

Good luck!

2 minutes ago, FeelTheCosmos said:

If you go to "Games" on this site and filter by platform, there are 2,409 listings for PS3.

Then you'd have to decide what to include in your list:  do you subtract region stacks since they're the same game?  Do you add ports from older consoles even though they weren't designed for the PS3?  It's up to you how to define your list, but I bet 2500 would be pretty close.

Good luck!

Plus tons of games without trophy support that aren't showed on this site.

5 hours ago, shai_sr12345 said:

Google don't give me a answer to this question. So I thought I will ask here the question. 

I don't care if the game have a trophies list or not the question goes to either physical (mostly physical) and only digital game's. 

Hope you can help me with that question 

Are you counting multi-regional stacks as 1 game? How about release versions like the Best Buy or WalMart limited edition versions? Do special editions get counted by themselves? What about when games are released as episodic on PSN and then released in entirety on disc? Are we just counting physical copies? Are re-release and upgraded visual versions counted as independent versions?

19 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

Are you counting multi-regional stacks as 1 game? How about release versions like the Best Buy or WalMart limited edition versions? Do special editions get counted by themselves? What about when games are released as episodic on PSN and then released in entirety on disc? Are we just counting physical copies? Are re-release and upgraded visual versions counted as independent versions?

Is there an echo in here?

5 hours ago, FeelTheCosmos said:

Good luck!

Edited by danceswithsloths

Even then, there are PS3 games that have trophies, but Sony refuses to put on server, like Barnanza, and Bluecoats. If you're counting games from here, then you're also counting cancelled games, like Aero-Cross, Don't Be Late, and Dancing Eyes, which means you would have to considered other cancelled games that don't have trophies. 

I suggest to categorize the above. Makes life much easier and everyone can see what they are looking for.

Cat. A : PS3 Games with trophies per region

Cat. B : PS3 Games without trophies per region

Cat. C : PS3 Games non-standard editions per region (e.g. Gold Edition, Limited Edition, GOTY Edition, etc.) per region

Cat. D : PS3 Games cancelled for some reason

Cat. E : PS3 Games released on PS1 or PS2 per region

Good luck!!

I've been fighting to find this answer for the last few years.  There is no definitive list for NA, EU or whichever region that I have been able to find.

I decided to make my own list from multiple different sources.  So, I'm in the process of a very slow and painstaking process of building a spreadsheet which lists every game I can find that was released for the PS3.

Games with the following criteria are included:

Games with no trophy support, physical or digital release, primary being NA, or EU if it's exclusive to that region (Path of the Furon is an example)

Games with trophy support, each is considered a game (so episodic games count as 4, or 5).

The criteria seems simple, but I think I'll include a screenshot spreadsheet that gives you an idea of the detail needed.

The total at the bottom is currently 1984.

r2VnIZh.png

Edited by BlackJudas
  • Like 1