Does the adhoc trophy work with two Vitas?

CallanGWProx

I tried boosting it with my two vitas I have a physical copy of the game and a digital copy both copies are from the same region

i have formatted my 2nd vita and changed the psn I’d to one of my alternates and when I tried performing the adhoc trophy it would only search and won’t match up

i have tried creating a lobby on one vita and then searching on the other and vice versa but to no avail have not been able to get it to work

is there something that I’m doing wrong and if so can I get some assistance with this.

cheers,

CallanGWProX

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CallanGWProx said:

I tried boosting it with my two vitas I have a physical copy of the game and a digital copy both copies are from the same region

i have formatted my 2nd vita and changed the psn I’d to one of my alternates and when I tried performing the adhoc trophy it would only search and won’t match up

i have tried creating a lobby on one vita and then searching on the other and vice versa but to no avail have not been able to get it to work

is there something that I’m doing wrong and if so can I get some assistance with this.

cheers,

CallanGWProX

Hmm, not sure bud, I had to get a friend to help bc ranked matches didn't appear in adhoc.

On main menu, choose Network, then Ad-Hoc. Your Vita will probably said AdHoc will terminate your internet connection. You'll have an A in the top left corner of the Vita screen if you pause the game, instead of the normal WiFi quarter circles symbol. Do the same on both, you'll be able to make a private network between the 2. Just play a game, trophy will pop.

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cris3f said:

On main menu, choose Network, then Ad-Hoc. Your Vita will probably said AdHoc will terminate your internet connection. You'll have an A in the top left corner of the Vita screen if you pause the game, instead of the normal WiFi quarter circles symbol. Do the same on both, you'll be able to make a private network between the 2. Just play a game, trophy will pop.

This is what I did and was just stuck in searching on either ps vita and made sure both vitas were in the adhoc mode

1 hour ago, CallanGWProx said:

This is what I did and was just stuck in searching on either ps vita and made sure both vitas were in the adhoc mode

Just tried with mine 2, worked first time.

Only suggestion I can give is to try to install the digital on both. Some digital (or cartridge) games play ad-hoc in the same account, some won't.

Verify if the PCSB code of the games is the same. If it's different, there's a good possibility they won't match. Check if save games are compatible (put the cartridge in the one with the digital game, check if no new game install and if the progress is from the game on that Vita or the one from the cartridge).

Not much else I can suggest.

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, Blood-Stalker1 said:

Will any trophies unlock if play with 2 vitas against myself in online or in Ad Hoc mode 

You'll need to have them on two different accounts and then yes, it should work. At least with a PS3 and a Vita, they're required to be on two different accounts:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Don't ask me why I'm reading this old thread ;)

Anyway. I am surprised to hear everyone saying you need separate accounts.

I didn't.

I got the game free on PS+ and when I got my second Vita first thing I did was get this trophy.

Both of my Vitas are same enaysoft account, and I was able to adhoc between them no worries.

(Boosting with yourself for online trophies between PS3 and Vita on the same account also works, because that's exactly what I did, many years ago)

57 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Don't ask me why I'm reading this old thread ;)

Anyway. I am surprised to hear everyone saying you need separate accounts.

I didn't.

I got the game free on PS+ and when I got my second Vita first thing I did was get this trophy.

Both of my Vitas are same enaysoft account, and I was able to adhoc between them no worries.

(Boosting with yourself for online trophies between PS3 and Vita on the same account also works, because that's exactly what I did, many years ago)

So what you saying is i can boost  myself all the online trophies with 2 vita with the same account 

• 1 month later...

Yep, and the game doesnt work on a PSTV, sadly. There's a trophy where they ask you to use some goofy AR option so I get they didnt make it compatible, but besides that, the game is almost like the PS3 version. A really good port.

• 8 months later...