Wild Wild Plant Hoarder trophy glitched?

Lonelinessman22

It's likely you're missing a rare hidden herb, or even a common one that you've just accidentally overlooked.  It took me 3x slowly going round each area, mix of day/night, re-visiting certain areas again etc before I found them all.

A few ideas to try:

- Hermit's Nest is inaccessible for a chunk of the story - make sure you've checked it thoroughly.

- Behind the cow sheds on the way to Hermit's Nest there's a hill, you can get up there if you go far along enough to the right.

- The pumpkin patch is also accessible (walk towards it from Panda Market).

- Quite a few are behind buildings so check all those. Also go really slowly over areas with the multi-coloured flowers, I found I had to be pretty much right on top of these to see them, and the red ring was hard to spot because of all the colours.

- Make sure you have checked literally everywhere (back of Shenhua's as far as you can go, path to Languishan, go through to the back of Martial Hall, throughly check both sides of Verdant Bridge etc, all greenery on the way etc). Do it slowly and methodically, taking a section per in-game day to comb over. I didn't spot my last few until I literally went up and down across each area section by section from one side to the next, erring on the side of caution and overlapping my up/down to make sure the area was covered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StacFace92 said:

It's likely you're missing a rare hidden herb, or even a common one that you've just accidentally overlooked.  It took me 3x slowly going round each area, mix of day/night, re-visiting certain areas again etc before I found them all.

A few ideas to try:

- Hermit's Nest is inaccessible for a chunk of the story - make sure you've checked it thoroughly.

- Behind the cow sheds on the way to Hermit's Nest there's a hill, you can get up there if you go far along enough to the right.

- Quite a few are behind buildings so check all those. Also go really slowly over areas with the multi-coloured flowers, I found I had to be pretty much right on top of these to see them, and the red ring was hard to spot because of all the colours.

- Make sure you have checked literally everywhere (back of Shenhua's as far as you can go, path to Languishan, go through to the back of Martial Hall, throughly check both sides of Verdant Bridge etc, all greenery on the way etc). Do it slowly and methodically, taking a section per in-game day to comb over. I didn't spot my last few until I literally went up and down across each area section by section from one side to the next, erring on the side of caution and overlapping my up/down to make sure the area was covered.

Thank you for the information, I will try that. 

It is needed for this trophy to collect all herbs including in the subquests, or "only" every herb in Bailu Village? 

Just now, Lonelinessman22 said:

Thank you for the information, I will try that. 

It is needed for this trophy to collect all herbs including in the subquests, or "only" every herb in Bailu Village? 

I'm not sure tbh. On my playthrough, I did the herb subquests before I was able to find the last normal herb, so it could be that they were needed or they might not be. If you haven't done the herb subquests yet and haven't missed them then I'd suggest trying those to see if it pops. If it does, then we'll know you need the subquest herbs too.

And to think people were complaining about the in game indicators over at the Shenmue Dojo forums...they've been a GOD SEND for this trophy...there are so many herbs I've overlooked that I've only found because I was in the proximity of a red orb...and I still haven't got that trophy yet...I'm trying to find comb every area...but thanks to those in game indicators, I found ones that I was missing at the back of Shenhua's house (which I was initially sure I had cleaned out)

I didn't realize you could get into the pumpkin patch though?

I can confirm now the following:-

1- The trophies related to herbs are NOT glitched. SIMPLY 100% herbs of both areas on the same save file.

2- subquests herbs NOT counted toward the trophy. the herbs for related subquests usually will be as an item not as a herb in the inventory.

Edited by HellOfaHunter

13 hours ago, danmann861 said:

And to think people were complaining about the in game indicators over at the Shenmue Dojo forums...they've been a GOD SEND for this trophy...there are so many herbs I've overlooked that I've only found because I was in the proximity of a red orb...and I still haven't got that trophy yet...I'm trying to find comb every area...but thanks to those in game indicators, I found ones that I was missing at the back of Shenhua's house (which I was initially sure I had cleaned out)

In fairness to them, those red indicators do make the puzzles way too easy. Part of the fun of Shenmue is finding these things yourself so I was disappointed with them until I actually tried going for the herbs.

I think a good compromise would have been to only have them on easy or an option in settings to turn them on/off.

More to the point, why do we to run around so much finding herbs anyway? Being forced to get collectibles from everywhere, sometimes isn't fun.

It's also weird that I need to eat 3-4 cloves of garlic before each fight or in training. There's a lot of weird "gameplay" added to Shenmue III that in many ways just isn't needed and just makes more busy work for the player.

On 11/28/2019 at 6:17 PM, StacFace92 said:

On 11/28/2019 at 6:17 PM, StacFace92 said:

A few ideas to try:

So I just got all of the herbs in Bailu Village and I cannot stress enough how important it is to walk slowly over the flowerbed as suggested above by the great 'StacFace92' (seriously thank you so much for this advice). I spent ages searching and combing over and it turns out I was missing one sprig of Ginger near the Verdant Bridge amongst the red flowerbeds, quite literally the hardest herb in this game to see in red flowers haha.

I can also 100% confirm that subquest and quest-related herbs do not count towards this Trophy.

Good luck to all y'all <3

(Apologies for the large blank space in this comment the quoting in this was all messed up)

Edited by SimmondsR
Spelling and Corrections
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, KoeunDaniel said:

Hello,

What about in the new game +? Some plants are spawn again and the majority not, anyone have idea if this trophy can get in the second round?

Thanks.

I got all Herbs-Trophies in my second Playthrough, Bailu, Niawou and all in all. I play my second Playthrough in New Game +.

On ‎30‎.‎11‎.‎2019 at 1:32 PM, SimmondsR said:

I can also 100% confirm that subquest and quest-related herbs do not count towards this Trophy.

I can confirm this too. I got the Trophy before I had to collect some strange herb I never saw before for a sidequest.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sikutai said:

I got all Herbs-Trophies in my second Playthrough, Bailu, Niawou and all in all. I play my second Playthrough in New Game +.

Thanks for your reply. So even not appear the majority of the plants still can get the trophy.

Edited by KoeunDaniel
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, RikimaruPR said:

If I get the Niaowu herbs trophy and then on the Game plus I go back to Bailu and get all the herbs and the Bailu trophy, will I get the Expert Herbalist trophy?

Yes, as long as you're using the NG+ feature to carry over, Expert Herbalist will pop straight after Wild Wild Plant Hoarder.

• Like 1