New paid DLC GT Sport (28/11/19)

I8albert

It was announced last Friday during the live esport event (not sure if it was the Final event for the season). 

It just looks like Sony asked PD to monetize GT Sport, but since they made a point to make cars and tracks free updates for everyone, they had to find some other way to do it.. 

Money is hard to come by in GT, so a money cap increase for beating all his times isn't that good of an incentive (plus beating his times is likely only possible for 1% of the player base, if that much..). 

Supposedly there are a few exclusive tuned cars to be earned too, so, again, you are asked to beat his times.. Good luck. 

If we would get something just for buying the dlc, I would actually buy it, but from all the info that I saw, we are "buying the chance" to challenge his times to earn rewards, and if we can't beat his times, we get nothing from the dlc, since time trail is a standard mode in the game. 

I actually had seen that there was a blog post about this (made yesterday), but didn't read it before now.. 

So, while we don't need to beat his times to get the credit cap up, it's close enough.. Same for the other bonus, that I assume to be earned by all Bronze, Silver and Gold as usual. And the special car is for beating "everything including the harder challenges", let's just assume that's really beating his times... 

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/11/27/challenge-f1-world-champion-lewis-hamiltons-best-lap-times-in-new-gt-sport-dlc-out-tomorrow/

@Lance_87 Yes, I think that it will cost around that much, since I believe that I saw somewhere that it was 7-8€, but forgot where it was.. 

Edit: actually it's already on the store.. 7.99€

https://store.playstation.com/pt-pt/product/EP9001-CUSA02168_00-GTSAGMMDLHC00101

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

It was announced last Friday during the live esport event (not sure if it was the Final event for the season). 

It just looks like Sony asked PD to monetize GT Sport, but since they made a point to make cars and tracks free updates for everyone, they had to find some other way to do it.. 

Money is hard to come by in GT, so a money cap increase for beating all his times isn't that good of an incentive (plus beating his times is likely only possible for 1% of the player base, if that much..). 

Supposedly there are a few exclusive tuned cars to be earned too, so, again, you are asked to beat his times.. Good luck. 

If we would get something just for buying the dlc, I would actually buy it, but from all the info that I saw, we are "buying the chance" to challenge his times to earn rewards, and if we can't beat his times, we get nothing from the dlc, since time trail is a standard mode in the game. 

Wow. GT Sport was already monetized. You can pay real money to unlock cars.

7 hours ago, Sn1per666999 said:

Wow. GT Sport was already monetized. You can pay real money to unlock cars.

"You can" doesn't mean "you have to". Even the Store pages tell you that the cars can be obtained by playing the game (and spending in-game currency)

Edited by Lance_87

• 2 months later...
On 28. 11. 2019 at 11:08 AM, Lance_87 said:

"You can" doesn't mean "you have to". Even the Store pages tell you that the cars can be obtained by playing the game (and spending in-game currency)

To add onto that, there is even an in-game setting that turns off the option to use real money. If you use this setting, the game will only allow you to use credits in the in-game score.

• 6 months later...