Murphy glitch 28/11/19

MrMaximusHTO

8 hours ago, Chettlar said:

I'm so sad :(.  You guys have no idea how soon I must have shut down the browser before this thread was posted.  Like, it had to have been minutes.  My bad luck knows no bounds.

Well, I probably should get started anyway.  The vita is weirdly hard for me, being so small.  Idk why.  All levels of awesomeness is going to take me some time I think.  It seems inevitable there will be another one that's 160 meters or 400 something meters in the next few months.  I'll just feel a lot better once that happens.

Anyway, so what steps did you do when you earned the trophy?  Just, Complete it, Exit and close the game, wait for the reset, open it, and then just let it pop?  Or is there anything else to do?  I just wanna make sure I don't screw it up if this ever happens again.  For PS4 when I left the game up over reset, it refused to pop until I logged in and out a lot.

@Chettlar, sorry to hear you missed out but I put this post up as soon as I realised and that was prety early. Yeh for the future if it happens again. Reach the requirement then quite the game and just come back after its reset. Best of luck for the future ?

@Chettlar

Vita has different hours, since its a generation 'on its own'

PS3 & PS4 changes dailies at/after 8am gmt, weeklies at mondays

Vita changes dailies at/after midnight gmt, weeklies at thursdays

I assume this is because vita released on a thursday at midnight i guess (never checked, and to be honest, who cares) 

Im sorry I didn't point that out as soon as i noticed this challenge, i'm so used to having it this way i didnt think about it

I'll keep a list for whenever a challenge like this happens again, just let me know if i can add you (or anyone else) so i can act immediately to the persons needing the trophy

However i'll probably only try to get in touch trough psn, since i have had quite some troubles beforehand letting people know (discord, psn, youtube, pm here, heck some wanted me to send emails to them) so i hope u understand this would take me a ton of work

I can imagine someone getting quite pissed off because I forgot to let them know though... 

A huge thank you to every one who made and wrote in this thread about the Murphy glitch! You're all awesome!

This is one of the reason I really like this community! :wave:

lcxHRqO.jpg

I'd already played the PS3 adn PS4 versions, but the Diamond trophy was a nightmare for the Vita, so I delayed this version. But yesterday, when I read this thread, I made a speedrun in order to reach the online challenges, then I went to this challenge, and I followed every step @AdruA_ wrote, and it worked perfectly! Again, thank you!

@Chettlar I'm really sorry. ?

About the instructions, after I did the challenge, I checked it two times (just to be sure there was the diamond cup), then I went offline and I closed the game. And I waited. When the game changed the challenge I opened the game, I stayed in the main gallery (the one with the paintings of the Legends worlds), and then I checked the leaderboards in onder to go online, then I closed the menu and I waited in the gallery. Nothing more. And the trophy appeared! Actually it turned to be a bronze cup, but the trophy is out of the way!

Edited by Phoenix_argentea

Thank you all for being supportive and for the minute detail step by steps.  This kind of thing can be so finicky so I don't wanna screw up whenever my next chance is.  This is nerveracking lol. @AdruA_ feel free to send me a friend request or whatever on PSN.  If I'm not on my Vita, I am often on my PS4, although that may be less since I just finished the platinum for Rayman and all the Driveclubs on PS4, which were currently my main things on there.  I do have the mobile app, but it's a bit inconsistent.  I will keep trying to check every day I can.  Hopefully I don't get so unlucky next time!

Edited by Chettlar

@ChettlarI know u'll try checking daily, nonetheless it took close to 6 months between this one & the previous one (June 6)

6 months again before that (December 31), 3 months before that (September 16 2018), and then at least 6 months before that one (I started in march 2018)

Next one could be practically tomorrow, or in a year, there's no saying, so checking daily for over 100 days in a row... Is pretty boring, i can imagine people forget about it

Nonetheless, honestly 6 months actually isnt that much, according to @Arkiokin it happened alot less before that? 

All the easy glitched murphy distances i've seen (& recorded)

Yeah, you bet it's tiresome.  But hey given how good the remaining people are and how bad I am at the Vita, it's gonna take me a while anyway with the silver medals.  So I might as well check every day anyway.

My biggest fear is that they'll like, shut down the Vita PSN with the release of the PS5 or some BS, especially if they like, overhaul the network or something, since it's very archaic.  Who really knows.  But hopefully not.  I'll just have to check and hope eventually I get one that I can achieve.

Edited by Chettlar

Damn it is heart breaking to see that there was a glitchy challenge two days ago when i was really sick too bad i missed it :(. Any other way to keep an eye on glitchy challenges other than looking at this forum? or are there any psn group or community i can join that sends notification to each other? Btw i am glad for the people who that got platinum congrats. 

On 30/11/2019 at 7:28 AM, AdruA_ said:

@ChettlarI know u'll try checking daily, nonetheless it took close to 6 months between this one & the previous one (June 6)

6 months again before that (December 31), 3 months before that (September 16 2018), and then at least 6 months before that one (I started in march 2018)

Next one could be practically tomorrow, or in a year, there's no saying, so checking daily for over 100 days in a row... Is pretty boring, i can imagine people forget about it

Nonetheless, honestly 6 months actually isnt that much, according to @Arkiokin it happened alot less before that1f914.png 

For informations, as far as I can know, They have been exactly 9 glitched challenges before 800m since january 2015 to december 2019 (I started to play on December 25th 2014) and first encounterd a glitched challenge on march 2015. The longest time interval between 2 of them was...one year long, and the shortest gap was only of 2 months long.

In the same way, in the same period, they have been exactly 23 challenges glitched at "4095m" : I failed the first (cause, it was also the first challenge with an omega I encountered), but the player ranked 1st, reached, alone, 4095.36m.

I was very lucky to get this glitch at the time but today I have managed to match the best time on the daily extreme Murphy run, so looks like I might hopefully earn a diamond cup legitimately too!

I sure hope there is another glitch soon for those who unfortunately missed out, I also hope they increase the value of all cups one day so the final level of awesomeness won’t take as long to earn

15 hours ago, II--KAMAL--II said:

we can get this today , I think :awesome:

7-FD8-F2-DF-0032-4938-B396-F734-C9-CE86-

Glad to see you were able to get the minimum possible time!  

Everyone who is worried about waiting for a glitched distance one, in the mean time, try your hand at the castle area gather them quickly with murphy, since technically there is a finite best time if you give it a bunch of practice.  It's not too too terrible.

Edited by Chettlar

1 hour ago, Chettlar said:

Glad to see you were able to get the minimum possible time!  

Everyone who is worried about waiting for a glitched distance one, in the mean time, try your hand at the castle area gather them quickly with murphy, since technically there is a finite best time if you give it a bunch of practice.  It's not too too terrible.

This is a rare case though

U might think these Murfy lumses look 'preset' but in most cases there are alot of ways to improve your time with little 'out of the box thinking' methods (hindering, stopping, adding speed through swiping, character differences,...) but yesterdays one was kinda 'set' 

Dont get fooled though, there still was 1 section you could get yourself to be faster by ~0"08 or something, but i figured not telling that just for the sake of not having anybody wanting to know & doing that 'trick' so nobody would screw up ? (especially since it was more about 'luck') 

Marcel knew though, guess he was fine sharing ?

4 minutes ago, AdruA_ said:

U might think these Murfy lumses look 'preset' but in most cases there are alot of ways to improve your time with little 'out of the box thinking' methods (hindering, stopping, adding speed through swiping, character differences,...) but yesterdays one was kinda 'set' 

Dont get fooled though, there still was 1 section you could get yourself to be faster by ~0"08 or something, but i figured not telling that just for the sake of not having anybody wanting to know & doing that 'trick' so nobody would screw up 1f609.png (especially since it was more about 'luck') 

Marcel knew though, guess he was fine sharing 1f609.png

I did kinda wonder about that.  Things like moving a platform to bonk your character, or something like that.

Well I appreciate the gods up top smiling down upon lowly lads like me.

4 hours ago, AdruA_ said:

Dont get fooled though, there still was 1 section you could get yourself to be faster by ~0"08 or something, but i figured not telling that just for the sake of not having anybody wanting to know & doing that 'trick' so nobody would screw up 1f609.png (especially since it was more about 'luck') 

Marcel knew though, guess he was fine sharing 1f609.png

BDE4-D5-A5-FEE7-4485-A7-BC-A961931-E5-CC

I was able to get a better time by 10 seconds , but then I remembered that sharing is good :awesome:

Edited by II--KAMAL--II

@Chettlar

Fiery eyes in this case, using a rayman i know u can have some 'luck' jumping later on the walls, making u land faster up on the floor before the 1st fire-eye

Nonetheless a rayman doesnt get all the lums at the 'ring/pillar + double enemies section' all the time, but its possible (with again, luck)

So it would be really hard to get both of these 'tricks' done together, just for a win of 0"1