Circles of Slaughter are IMPOSSIBLE Solo

nikolistary

Hey everyone,

So I've got all the trophies for Borderlands 3 minus Slaughterhouse 3 and All Side Missions complete. I fought through the Cistern of Slaughter on solo without too much trouble, and I thought the other two would be harder but still possible.

And after over 50, YES FIFTY, tries on each map, I have deemed this trophy IMPOSSIBLE on solo. The huge bitch is that matchmaking couldn't be worse. Like Far Cry 2 worse. I know there's a million concurrent players for BL3 on PS4, yet the circle keeps on spinning into oblivion. It's nearly impossible to get another player in on these matches. Keep in mind I'm a level 50 Zane with massive damage Tediore legendary gear and I STILL can't even get to the last round.

Maybe I just need to add more friends and boost privately. I don't know. I'm just beyond fed up at this point with these massive anointed bullet sponges that teleport right to you only to smack you dead in a second. It's unbalanced for solo, and the anointeds are cheap as fuck.

TL:DR---The Slaughterhouse 3 trophy is IMPOSSIBLE SOLO. You need friends to even stand a chance, and matchmaking is broken so......still wondering why this platinum is at 24% like it's easy or something. Sheesh. 

Did them first try myself playing as the Siren. Well technically second try on one because an enemy spawned outside the map. It was not on Mayhem mode. I used a purple torgue shotgun and jakobs pistol. Keep in mind this was about 1 week after release so I don't know it any hot fix/update maybe made things tougher.

Edited by Sn1per666999
  • Like 2

I also completed them solo, although it was far from first try. If you are having problems, you almost definitely need better gear. I had to go find some good legendaries before I could return to them and beat them. Some of the weps I used I actually found in failed attempts of the arenas.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1

I don't know how accurate my experience is, but I found it harder in co-op. I think the session scales based on the number of players in the game. I also experienced a few glitches where the next wave would start before the current one had ended. This became beneficial in the end as I was able to turn in the mission without defeating the boss, though these glitches may have been patched since.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Killbomb said:

Maybe you already did this but since you didn't mention it in your post, don't forget you can lower the difficulty. I tried round 3 solo on normal a few times then lowered the difficulty and finished it in one or two more tries. 

Sorry, forgot to mention I'm doing it on easy. God all these posts make me feel like I just suck ass haha. I know the stupid ass halloween shit event is going on until December, everyone I kill explodes into an annoying flying skull. 

Maybe I just need to get better legendaries by farming beaten bosses? The crap the circles leave are worthless when I try another round. Oh well, try and try again I suppose...

• Like 1

I mean, I didn't think they were as trivial as some of these posts. Lol. The one with the flying bug enemies ate up every bit of ammo I had, which was the main issue. I don't know if you're playing as a Siren or not, either. She has an ability where she can auto revive, so you're not constantly relying on Second Winds. The last one was still a bitch, and the only reason I finished it was the rounds started ending prematurely one time. 

If you want a lot of Legendary weapons, flip on Mayhem 3 and go to Jacob's Estate. There's a guaranteed Loot Tink spawn  there. Or there was when I played it, at least. 

• Like 1

it's definitely not hard or impossible especially because you're playing on easy + no mayhem, your gear/build sucks and on top of that Zane is by far the weakest VH (i have 1 of each and rolled Zane first because i liked his 2AS gimmick)

get better gear by farming from any beaten boss on M3 or even M4, also spec into a cryo Zane build because it's his only viable build and get some cryo weapons (Dictator/Crossroad..etc), the idea is to use barrier + drone with "cool calm, collected" drop barrier pick it up and freeze enemies so you get an infinite barrier, also keep an eye out for a +3/+4/+5 synchronicity purple mods because his legendary ones sucks (you get purple mods either as a world drop or vending machine farm). also getting an "Ice breaker" artifact is a huge bonus for this build

• Like 2

On 11/28/2019 at 4:10 AM, ObsiEez said:

I solo'd it extremely easy as a siren with an elemental build. Here are a list of weapons I used that worked EXTREMELY well for me, just keep in mind they won't work as good for you since you won't have elemental buffs however they should still do good.

Transformer Shield: A Legendary shield obtained from the quest "It's Alive". A must have for the Maliwan arena in my opinion as it negates all electricity damage & instead of damaging you it regens your shield. Extremely useful so you can just stand in electric AoEs & get your shield back fast.

Brainstormer Shotgun: A legendary electric shotgun dropped from Kill-A-Volt in Lectra City. It chains electricity to nearby enemies doing massive damage to who ever is hit & small to medium damage to anyone near them. EXTREMELY useful for taking out shields but as a siren (sadly you're Zane) can destroy groups of enemies in mere seconds.

Shocking 9-Volt SMG: A Legendary electric SMG dropped from Kill-A-Volt in Lectra City. This thing is a DPS beast, at least for a siren. It works really well on larger enemies since it fires 9 balls of electricity in an upside down triangle formation with each doing massive damage with a very high shock chance.

Crossroad SMG: A Legendary SMG of any element dropped from Loot Tinks. It's best to try & get a fire version as it's pretty effective against most enemies that way & is an absolute melt machine. Even on Mayhem 3 you can plow through enemies with this thing of any element with ease.

Stark Krakatoa Sniper: A Legendary Fire Sniper dropped from Gigamind. The Krakatoa has extremely high fire damage & critical damage so it's good for hitting long range targets with big crit spots that are weak to fire.

Lucions Call Assault Rifle: A Legendary Assault Rifle dropped from random enemies. It has no element & is mostly used for trash mobs or if you're out of ammo/conserving ammo for other weapons. Every time you get a crit with it you get 2 bullets back as well as it ricochets 2 bullets to the nearest enemies.

A decent ATLAS Assault Rifle or Pistol with tracking bullets: You'll need this for the arena with all the animals to make your life killing the rakk's much easier. If you're good at aiming or have a gun that shoots a lot of bullets in a big area so aiming isn't an issue then this isn't really necessary. The rakk's fly around extremely fast so tracking bullets can save a lot of struggle trying to kill them as you won't need to aim as much trying to kill them.

I really hope this helps & keep grinding man, it isn't easy but it's far from impossible. You got this.

Thanks so much for this! You rock!

• Like 1

I tried the first one on normal difficulty. Failed and then decided to get better gear and change to easy. My gear is now 3 times stronger than it was and im ready to try and solo them. 

If its like the previous game u get more and stronger enemies in co op. 

Quick question. Ive got the disc version and if you delete all the updates will u beable to use the invicability glitch

Edited by dannyswfc9

16 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

I tried the first one on normal difficulty. Failed and then decided to get better gear and change to easy. My gear is now 3 times stronger than it was and im ready to try and solo them. 

If its like the previous game u get more and stronger enemies in co op. 

Quick question. Ive got the disc version and if you delete all the updates will u beable to use the invicability glitch

I could be wrong but I believe the Invincibility exploit was added with one of the early patches, thus playing unpatched won't enable it  ?.

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I could be wrong but I believe the Invincibility exploit was added with one of the early patches, thus playing unpatched won't enable it  1f914.png.

Wasnt it patched mid november with the maliwan update. Think i just missed out on it because i didnt get a last stand artifact until then. I might be wrong tho

On 11/28/2019 at 0:10 PM, ObsiEez said:

I solo'd it extremely easy as a siren with an elemental build. Here are a list of weapons I used that worked EXTREMELY well for me, just keep in mind they won't work as good for you since you won't have elemental buffs however they should still do good.

Transformer Shield: A Legendary shield obtained from the quest "It's Alive". A must have for the Maliwan arena in my opinion as it negates all electricity damage & instead of damaging you it regens your shield. Extremely useful so you can just stand in electric AoEs & get your shield back fast.

Brainstormer Shotgun: A legendary electric shotgun dropped from Kill-A-Volt in Lectra City. It chains electricity to nearby enemies doing massive damage to who ever is hit & small to medium damage to anyone near them. EXTREMELY useful for taking out shields but as a siren (sadly you're Zane) can destroy groups of enemies in mere seconds.

Shocking 9-Volt SMG: A Legendary electric SMG dropped from Kill-A-Volt in Lectra City. This thing is a DPS beast, at least for a siren. It works really well on larger enemies since it fires 9 balls of electricity in an upside down triangle formation with each doing massive damage with a very high shock chance.

Crossroad SMG: A Legendary SMG of any element dropped from Loot Tinks. It's best to try & get a fire version as it's pretty effective against most enemies that way & is an absolute melt machine. Even on Mayhem 3 you can plow through enemies with this thing of any element with ease.

Stark Krakatoa Sniper: A Legendary Fire Sniper dropped from Gigamind. The Krakatoa has extremely high fire damage & critical damage so it's good for hitting long range targets with big crit spots that are weak to fire.

Lucions Call Assault Rifle: A Legendary Assault Rifle dropped from random enemies. It has no element & is mostly used for trash mobs or if you're out of ammo/conserving ammo for other weapons. Every time you get a crit with it you get 2 bullets back as well as it ricochets 2 bullets to the nearest enemies.

A decent ATLAS Assault Rifle or Pistol with tracking bullets: You'll need this for the arena with all the animals to make your life killing the rakk's much easier. If you're good at aiming or have a gun that shoots a lot of bullets in a big area so aiming isn't an issue then this isn't really necessary. The rakk's fly around extremely fast so tracking bullets can save a lot of struggle trying to kill them as you won't need to aim as much trying to kill them.

I really hope this helps & keep grinding man, it isn't easy but it's far from impossible. You got this.

Never thought about tracking bullets for them pesky rakks. Only thing im missing is a decent shotgun. Ive got a good damage one but its one of them where you have to hold it diwn and it fires elemental. Really good tips. Thanks

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 1

the one with the 2 giant bosses is pretty hard but not impossible on solo. you need alot of ammo and money to buy ammo. i had health regen on my special. the first time i tried i got about halfway through and ran out of ammo i was around level 30ish. the second time i was 50 it took me over a hour and i was down to the final bosses and i only had sniper ammo left so i had to hide in the corner. and then a guy helped me get one of the co op shooting range trophies so in exchange i re did all 3 arenas with him over again and beat them all again. thing is he died on 2 diff arenas in the first wave leaving me to fight everyone and it was tough but possible. people kept joining us through the game as we played. you can matchmake through the game screen, or turn your gameplay off of private and actually go to the arena. you should try the boosting threads, i cant imagine the game being dead.