Becoming stronger for Way of the Demon advice?

Wild-Arms-R

Do you have all the DLC installed? If so then for the final DLC you could get the Hayabusa armor set which when I got it, it made a big difference. The only issue is fighting Jin Hayabusa is hard and farming him even more difficult but if you can pull it off then it's well worth the grind. The set is also good for both sword and kusarigama builds.

Otherwise I can't think of much else to offer since all the really good and OP builds have been nerfed to kingdom come so trying to recommend any good build is a gamble since chances are it's nerfed and not worth going for.

For a sword build you can go backstab damage with kingo set, the bat as your companion and the backstab damage bonuses from sword and kusarigama tree. Soul match and transform weapons until you get your desired weapon, eventually use a water or lightning elemental weapon. 

If i don't forget tomorrow I will reinstall nioh and send you a build that I am using for way of the demon. Well... Was using before i got bored. The only issue is that this is practically a glass cannon build and you have to position behind the enemy and attack him for it to work. Once you do it though... Even the dlc bosses drop like flies. 

Nioh is kinda convoluted when it comes to builds and Internet is for the first time unhelpful since most of the info i found was wrong. You need to experiment abit with the bonuses on weapons and armor. Hope you got enough gold! 

Eventually, just farm some levels to increase your stats even further. 

47 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Nioh is kinda convoluted when it comes to builds and Internet is for the first time unhelpful since most of the info i found was wrong. You need to experiment abit with the bonuses on weapons and armor. Hope you got enough gold! 

Eventually, just farm some levels to increase your stats even further. 

In their defense they probably weren't really wrong but more that what they said was accurate at the time but because Team Ninja kept constantly nerfing all the really good builds making a lot of useful tips pointless to the point where the Fextralife Wiki couldn't even keep up with all the changes they kept doing. I can't even think of any good builds that don't rely on Kingo or Hayabusa since those are the only ones that seemed to work when I played it. At least anything that will really be worth its salt by end-game/DLC anyway. I know there are some builds that can keep you through a part of the game but for end-game and DLC stuff you have to really go for something like Hayabusa or try farming the Abyss.

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used a katana/axe combo with Kara-Jishi guardian spirit for all of the way of the demon missions earlier this year when I finished off the 100%.  I primarily used Tatenashi set with a few pieces of the Warrior of the West set (katana, bow and maybe one other piece).  Then I used the Yasakani Magatama to get -1 set piece requirement to activate bonuses so I would have the full Tatenashi set bonus which gives massive damage reduction.  You will likely need this for farming in way of the demon and way of the wise.  The best way to gear up for Way of the Demon is to go into Way of the Wise and start killing the bosses there like Warrior of the West and other solo boss missions (you will most likely need to do this without taking damage as you will probably get one shotted, especially if you aren't using Tatenashi).  The gear from Way of the Wise is pretty strong, but you likely won't be able to beat the final story mission on Way of the Demon to unlock Way of the Wise without farming a bit on Way of the Demon in the same way.  The final mission isn't too tough if you play smart against the clones and have high enough DPS that you can kill them before you are fighting several at once.  You can also get a lot of nice pieces of Tatenashi or whatever set you're after from killing revenants of other people and then just forge it up as you would anything else.

I primarily focused on final blow dmg/back damage/skill damage since for the most part I used the katana's backwave parry to knock humans down and final blow them or the other parry that gives you a free back hit.  Using parries properly is the key to katana so my stats were more or less oriented to that play style.  I killed Hanzo in 3 hits during the Hanzo+Okatsu fight on Way of the Demon with parries.  I also had the axe for killing bigger Yokai and things like that as the +skill dmg from Kara-Jishi combined with the mad spinner skill made quick work of any Yokai pretty much.  Kara Jishi is also nice because he makes your block a lot stronger which you will probably need to survive encounters with hordes of enemies on WotD.

I didn't rely on gimmicks like living weapon or ninjutsu or anything like that since most of those easy mode builds were nerfed.  Better to just get good with some weapons you like and make sure you've got a proper stat build without waste and reforge most of your items to get +damage modifiers of the type you want to focus on.  It's also smart to get scaling modifiers on your weapons that raise how much of a damage boost you get from certain stats.  Make sure you get all the passive weapon skills from weapons you don't use as well since they don't require that weapon to be equipped most of the time.

Edited by Elegy