How Does This Game Have a 1.98% Plat Rarity?

This game is $15 at Best Buy right now, the Royal Edition. I'm really curious about this game.

The trophy guide says the game is a 5/10 difficulty and 100 hours to plat.

How can it be such a rare plat?

Does the DLC (if it has any) mess up the plat?

Edited by Chocolate GiddyUp

7 minutes ago, Chocolate GiddyUp said:

Aww hells naw. Glitches and game-breaking bugs, no ty.

Thanks for the info.

To be fair: that was in the first year after launch. I don’t know what the state of the game is now. 
Apart from the bugs and glitches I actually really liked the game. Almost a medieval sim, really immersive. 

• Like 1

It's a really, really good game. I never got the glitch on my Xbox One that some speak of but it is obviously an issue with people. Otherwise, multiple playthroughs are required and it is a long game so that level of commitment is hard I guess.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

It's a really, really good game. I never got the glitch on my Xbox One that some speak of but it is obviously an issue with people. Otherwise, multiple playthroughs are required and it is a long game so that level of commitment is hard I guess.

I appreciate your insight, but there are games that are way longer and the plats are not so rare.

I honestly feel there is a missing puzzle piece here.

12 minutes ago, Larzz said:

To be fair: that was in the first year after launch. I don’t know what the state of the game is now. 
Apart from the bugs and glitches I actually really liked the game. Almost a medieval sim, really immersive. 

Ok maybe they have made improvements by now?

Edited by Chocolate GiddyUp

I played it on PC right after release and the game was really laggy and buggy didnt encounter any game breaking glitch but maybe it was enough to drive people away from it. During the 6 or so months that I played it the devs released tons of patches and the game got a lot better, and they continued to patch it after I stopped.

Plus this is not a AAA game that only need the player to button smash and follow the quest marker, you need to eat, sleep, you cant save when you want, the combat is hard very hard almost enfuriating hard.

Its the witcher 1 of this gen if you ever played it back in the day.

Edited by Montyzu
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Montyzu said:

I played it on PC right after release and the game was really laggy and buggy didnt encounter any game breaking glitch but maybe it was enough to drive people away from it. During the 6 or so months that I played it the devs released tons of patches and the game got a lot better, and they continued to patch it after I stopped.

Plus this is not a AAA game that only need the player to button smash and follow the quest marker, you need to eat, sleep, you cant save when you want, the combat is hard very hard almost enfuriating hard.

Its the witcher 1 of this gen if you ever played it back in the day.

Hmmm that could be the reason why it's such a rare plat. Interesting.

I have it and I can tell it involved a lot of swearing and stressing, probably most I have done on a single game on my gaming career. Game can randomly delete a save file that you try to load along with "load failed" text, you have to check religiously your kill counter so you accidentally don't kill a dude you have knocked out on your no kill run, game can bug to halt your progress or side quest fail without you getting notified so you lose a couple hours worth of playing. Combat is also really hard to get into at first so I imagine most people not seeing this one through. Life was a struggle in the Middle Ages so guess that in mind it was an equally miserable experience. ?

However I really liked the game for it's setting, characters, world and story!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Poramies said:

I have it and I can tell it involved a lot of swearing and stressing, probably most I have done on a single game on my gaming career. Game can randomly delete a save file that you try to load along with "load failed" text, you have to check religiously your kill counter so you accidentally don't kill a dude you have knocked out on your no kill run, game can bug to halt your progress or side quest fail without you getting notified so you lose a couple hours worth of playing. Combat is also really hard to get into at first so I imagine most people not seeing this one through. Life was a struggle in the Middle Ages so guess that in mind it was an equally miserable experience. 1f600.png

However I really liked the game for it's setting, characters, world and story!

Grats on the plat, ty for the info.

Working on it on an on-and-off basis, finishing up trophies before I start my second playthrough for the missing trophies.

It's something that you'll either love or hate. The game expects you to do elaborate combat moves and train things like lock picking and pickpocketing. You have to repair your equipment and sharpen your weapons. 

It's time consuming and if you mess up you'll have to reload and possibly lose hours of gameplay. I haven't found many bugs but there are some quests that I can't finish. 

Some of the trophies are just very time consuming or can be easily missed because you accidentally killed a guy or you couldn't get around a speech check. 

But all said l have put in almost 200 hours so obviously I like it. Barring a major crash I plan to plat this game. 

• Like 1

I'm working on it right now. From my personal view, the game is really great. I bought the royal edition some months ago and it was a nice acquisition. Love the characters, the story, the setting and everything. It's pure role play. 

As for bugs, I did not find anything, except for some cases of popping

The Plat may be that rare for two reasons: 

- it's really easy to miss some trophies, maybe something you do in a certain mission prevents you from a trophy that you can get 20 h later.

- I guess that many people can get really "tired" as your progress is rather slow-realistic.

I consider it one of those love/hate games. If you love pure RPG, I highly recommend it. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Because people love having lots of carefree sex (in games) and once they realize there's a "stay a virgin for the whole game" trophy, they've already slept with Theresa, Stephanie and loads of "bath wenches", and they don't want to go through the entire game over again.

That's one reason, but the other big one is probably the "no kills throughout the entire main storyline" trophy. There are a few miscellaneous sidequest trophies which could make the process a bit more arduous as well, but those two trophies are the main reason. Their rarity percentages speak for themselves. My advice? Combine both trophies in one run, where you only focus on doing main story missions, not killing anyone. You can get that done in about 30 hours, give or take.

It also doesn't help that the game was so broken when it launched back in 2018. Many gamers just gave up on it, but I must admit: they committed to fixing pretty much all the gamebreaking issues. The Royal Edition is a perfect way to jump into this game, by the way: you get the full package with all the expansions, and for a very reasonable price.

Just be prepared to play through the game at least twice, unless you're being very creative with your save files. I highly recommend playing through it once, making full use of all the gameplay mechanics, just to enjoy the experience itself. There's nothing quite like Kingdom Come: Deliverance in the gaming market, and it deserves to be experienced to the fullest.

TLDR: no sex and no kills in an open-world medieval RPG make a lot of gamers and trophy hunters very sad.

Edited by JoaLoft
  • Like 4

"Pick 10000 flowers"

This one isn't as nasty as it sounds.. the more you skill your herbalism, the more flowers you pick with each try. 

So with skill level 1 you pick one, witch level 20 you pick about  50(?) with just 1 push of a button. 

If you want, you can get to skill level 11+ while being in Skalitz (Tutorial) It's one of these got by the way trophies.

Edited by Sylver001
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 9:53 AM, Dongmyeong said:

Not to mention the "Pick 10000 flowers" trophy. Grindfests like that are the reason I don't have a lot of Platinums, rather than any challenge or difficulty related trophies.

I had this before even entering the first city. Selling flowers, then using the gold to gamble and ultimately buy repair kits was a godsend on hardcore.

Edited by VigilantCrow