What Would You Add or Change?

FinalRevival

I will go ahead and kickstart this with two items immediately comes to mind.

Music - I totally understand that being able to control music is part of the immersion. However, it would be nice to be able to access the music player as a reward at some point. Be it when you finish the story, get a platinum, or exceed a certain playtime. I am not even gonna mention how many hours I put in this game so far. I still enjoy it as I still find things to discover and do.

Off-Road Tires - I truly appreciate the terrain in this game. Even after a platinum, I am still traveling around and discovering parts and roads. It would be nice if they added an off-road tire. Then I would throw a safe house close by a rocky terrain or at the mountain side and enjoy the puzzle of off-roading it. In the current version, doesn't matter if you are extremely gentle on the gas, there is no grip (as those are road tires) and truck is all over the place. I wouldn't change the physics at all, just a little grip would go a long way.

As a person who is enjoying this game, given the chance, what would you add or change in this game as an improvement?

• Like 2

Well, there’s one thing that’s bothered me about the game.

Sam’s outfit can protect him from the effects of timefall. Why can’t they create a cover for the damn cargo? ? Also I find it hard to believe that Sam’s face isn’t affected by the timefall? Heck late in the game story there’s a timefall storm and surely some WOULD get into Sam’s face?

Also I don’t see the point of putting in weapons that CAN kill any mules. Surely UCA as a “government” should ban those kind of weapons, as it could cause a voidout?

for a game that’s all about resting and stamina, I found it strange that Sam doesn’t eat anything apart from those floating worm things. Maybe Kojima doesn’t want to make it much more slog  to play.

Also I would like to see some wildlife but then maybe that’s a good thing there isn’t any creatures considering if you kill them, wouldn’t that cause a voidout? Anyway I do find it strange that humans survived but not ONE wildlife?

Edited by KHDelBoy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KHDelBoy said:

Also I would like to see some wildlife but then maybe that’s a good thing there isn’t any creatures considering if you kill them, wouldn’t that cause a voidout? Anyway I do find it strange that humans survived but not ONE wildlife?

I actually would have liked it if wildlife played a part in the game since there are deer and whatnot in the intro, and you do hear birds sometimes. I think it would have been a neat mechanic where if you see deer in the wild perk up and run off it means a Timefall storm is coming and you can also take advantage of a BT getting distracted by a running deer. Or birds suddenly not chirping meaning MULEs or some other danger is near by.

Other stuff I would add or change is how long a MULE camp can be cleared and possibly have the option to just keep it permanently clear altogether but I guess that would be removing one of the only few threats in the game.

The other being that the BTs aren't set but rather random in the areas they are supposed to be. The way they would stop showing up in certain areas in the story made it seem like the BTs wouldn't always be in the areas they are supposed to be, which I thought meant that certain routes would be safe sometimes but now that they are pretty much fixed to be in a certain area you have to pretty much make sure you have a path around them or can zipline through them which isn't really a bad thing but having that bit of unscripted events would make traveling and delivering things more interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KHDelBoy said:

Sam’s outfit can protect him from the effects of timefall. Why can’t they create a cover for the damn cargo? 1f606.png Also I find it hard to believe that Sam’s face isn’t affected by the timefall? Heck late in the game story there’s a timefall storm and surely some WOULD get into Sam’s face?

Also I don’t see the point of putting in weapons that CAN kill any mules. Surely UCA as a “government” should ban those kind of weapons, as it could cause a voidout?

I may have some of the answers you are looking for:

Cargo Covers 

There is a cover for the cargo. Actually there are two different types with one being more durable and disposable.

Lethal Weapons

I didn't see anybody carrying any lethal weapons but UCA guards, MULEs, militant separatists. In terms of Sam, it can be very powerful when confronting Catchers. When a hematic grenade is used, shooting through the blood cloud will coat the bullet with blood and deliver extra damage.

Wild Life

The opening scene might be your answer. Where crows trying to escape timefall, Sam getting the idea of jumping across with a trike while watching the deers (which the second deer couldn't make it). Also given the world of this game, I am not sure how wild life could survive. There are more details if you look into the story and data found (like contamination etc.).

6 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

I would get rid of the BT animation after the first chapters, it was one of the most annoying things in this game.

This so much!!!

You get slowed down 3 times in a row. When it starts raining, when the grass grows and then again when yourBT animation starts.

Also you just stop driving instantly, so frustrating.

• Like 2

The option to manually arrange the cargo would be nice. Not a big deal normally but cargo orientation does factor in on certain items and auto-arrange doesn't take that into account. I know you can offload cargo and put the things you want to be vertical in first but an easier way is what I'm looking for. 

Definitely agree that the BT warning animation needs to go after a few times or at least be skippable. I kind of wish BTs would disappear completely. I just wanna make my deliveries! :D

• Like 1

Abandoned vehicles scattered throughout the world need to be more orderly. So many times a truck would be placed in the middle of the road, sometimes being impassible until moved. Or there’d be one parked right in front of a shelter blocking access. Easily the most annoying thing in the game, for me.

• Like 2

Now that I'm doing deliveries more to rank up certain facilities I would have liked a thing on the cufflink menu that shows you deliveries you can make to and from certain facilities that way you don't have to guess which one needs you to go to a certain place or if they don't have it. For example the Weather Station, I would like to know if there's a place that needs me to deliver something to them and instead of me going back and forth to other places that don't need me to deliver anything to them I can just look at it on my cufflink and then go to the facility to get the package(s).

• Like 1

On 30/11/2019 at 2:50 PM, RedSkyKing said:

Abandoned vehicles scattered throughout the world need to be more orderly. So many times a truck would be placed in the middle of the road, sometimes being impassible until moved. Or there’d be one parked right in front of a shelter blocking access. Easily the most annoying thing in the game, for me.

Yes especially the vehicles that are stuck right outside the Cosplayer

• Like 3

A NG+, but not in the sense that everything automatically carries over. 

Basically, any gear you stored is gone,  you would still need to complete enough orders/read each email a location sends in order to connect each location to the UAC, ect. 

Once you do that then their levels are automatically what they were at the end of your first save, and everything you built in the environment would reappear if it was available at the point in the story that you are at when you connect that location. 

So a level 3 piece of gear would be available right when that particular piece of gear first was available for crafting in the story.

I think that would be a decent way to do a NG+ without forcing people to 5 star locations again or just giving everyone access to everything immediately, which could possibly break the game.

And the December update supposedly is adding a way to dismantle other players vehicles, which will help with the whole blocking terminals/doorways/Cosplayers entrance.

Edited by Snake2410

On 11/30/2019 at 11:28 PM, Snake2410 said:

And the December update supposedly is adding a way to dismantle other players vehicles, which will help with the whole blocking terminals/doorways/Cosplayers entrance.

That is sorely needed because I am convinced people troll by leaving trucks parked in front of entrances. 

• Like 1

Nothing. Everything is already so perfect... I'll feel an huge emotional loss when I'll achieve this platinum.

I agree with next update which contains bigger texts sizes since I wear glasses so it's very good for me (especially with material's numbers 60/80 need to stand up and approach the screen lol).

My PS exclusives list is definitely this one (in order of preference):

1) Bloodborne

2) Horizon Zero Dawn

3) Death Stranding

I would have said GOW instead DS but since I love open-world games...

Edited by tjoe1bkhjtqxm
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Killbomb said:

That is sorely needed because I am convinced people troll by leaving trucks parked in front of entrances. 

I'm not entirely convinced, but I've seen it enough that it's a problem.  The reason I'm not entirely convinced is because of how close you need to get a truck to the entrance to turn in a delivery without unloading it.  Some people might not realize it affects others worlds.  But the ones that literally park fully into the entrances, they are trolls.  Haven't seen a ton of them though.

5 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

I'm not entirely convinced, but I've seen it enough that it's a problem.  The reason I'm not entirely convinced is because of how close you need to get a truck to the entrance to turn in a delivery without unloading it.  Some people might not realize it affects others worlds.  But the ones that literally park fully into the entrances, they are trolls.  Haven't seen a ton of them though.

True. How close you have to get a vehicle to its destination to unload it is something that needs to be addressed as well. I left something for the First Prepper on the ground outside his shelter seemingly further than I had a truck to somebody else's shelter and the delivery terminal registered the package on the ground but not the cargo in the truck.

Edited by Killbomb

Someone said this above but there are too many mini cutscenes for mundane tasks you do repeatedly. You have to hit skip four times to get through the shower mechanic. You have to hit it twice to get through the recycling one. Getting into a car takes way too long. Why do I have to drink three Monsters/Timefall Porters to get the full stamina boost, skipping the cutscene each time?

I understand that Kojima is trying to hammer some points home — including the loneliness of the world and the arduousness of your task — through story and gameplay, and I think his success at that is what makes this game so incredible. But there has to be a middle ground for accessibility in that case.

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 1

I personally think Death Stranding is a 9/10, and my third favorite game of the year. I loved the story, the sense of journey, and the feeling of small victories along the way, but obviously there is room for improvement for everything, so here we go. 

More Varied Enemy Encounters

I largely enjoyed the minimal enemy encounters and non-lethal approach to the game, but some more variation in these areas would have been nice. Areas were nearly always either BT or Mule. It would have been awesome if you and Mule were going for the same goods in a BT area, and you had both to worry about. It would have made for some cool stealth options, as you both tried to rush in and out, and if put in later in the game made you manage your weapon inventory better or required super perfect stealth.

I would have also preferred more enemy variants. Different types of BTs aside from standard BT's and catchers able to do different things (perhaps some have to be gotten around via stealth because Sam's blood doesn't work, or others which block your ability to use your claw scanner and force you to depend on BB, etc.) More engagement with the Homo Demons who would actively try and kill you.  

More Convincing City Environments

When you enter main Knot cities with populations in the tens of thousands, it kills the immersion a bit when there is almost no sign of life beyond the distribution centre structures. Having Capital Knot, Lake Knot, South Knot and so on have actual cities with communities of people would have been really cool (something like Meridian in HZD). 

Interaction Cut-Scenes

Seemingly commonly cited issue, but having the same cutscene for connecting somewhere to the ECA, showering, unlocking a vehicle, etc. is overkill and just irritating.

On 01/12/2019 at 5:28 AM, Snake2410 said:

A NG+, but not in the sense that everything automatically carries over. 

Basically, any gear you stored is gone,  you would still need to complete enough orders/read each email a location sends in order to connect each location to the UAC, ect. 

Once you do that then their levels are automatically what they were at the end of your first save, and everything you built in the environment would reappear if it was available at the point in the story that you are at when you connect that location. 

So a level 3 piece of gear would be available right when that particular piece of gear first was available for crafting in the story.

I think that would be a decent way to do a NG+ without forcing people to 5 star locations again or just giving everyone access to everything immediately, which could possibly break the game.

This is an outstanding idea. 

On 02/12/2019 at 9:54 PM, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

definitely an MP3 player so I can listen to the wonderful music while making my deliveries. everything else is really perfect *_*

This is another great idea, and one that would be very easy to implement. Even if it was an end-game option; I kind of understand why they wait for certain MP3 files to unlock after you've heard them when intended. I knew as soon as I saw Low Roar, I was moving to pastures new, and punctuated all my discoveries with brilliant music.  

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 2

I'm still in the process of playing this, but I've already taken more screenshots in it compared to any other game on my ps4. I definitely think this game could use a photo mode of some sort. I've only ever used photo mode in Spiderman, but I could see myself spending a lot of time in photo mode in DS.

Also I agree, the scripted music is really nice, I understand that Kojima wanted us to hear certain music at certain points, but maybe having an mp3 player of sorts post-game would be nice. There's such good music in this game its a shame I'm running around in silence at parts.

• Like 1