What PS4 Game Are You Most Thankful For? (Plat Cast Topic)

Bushido7745785

Hey gang! Hope you're all doing well and Happy Thanksgiving for those that are celebrating it! 

For those of you that don't know, @ChernobylNinja and I run a podcast titled, "Plat Cast" where we ask questions here and discuss your answers on the show. 

This week, in spirit of the holiday, we thought we would simply ask, "What PS4 game are you most thankful for?"

What game are you just so happy that came to the PS4? Is it a Sony 1st party game? A port from PC? A remake/remaster? Let us know! 

Make sure to check out our discord as well over at: https://t.co/ayqM2pr6eq?amp=1

Thanks folks! Have a wonderful rest of your week and an even better weekend! :) 

• Like 1

Hmm. I"m going to go with a couple here.

Metro 2033 Redux. I'm very happy this was brought over from the XB360 to the PS4. The PS3 had the sequel Metro Last Light but I had never played it, but it was also in a remastered pack for the PS4 called Metro Redux. It introduced me to my favorite FPS series I've played so far.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. My dad and I love playing these games so having them remastered with new things to do for trophies gave us more to do in a series we've come to enjoy very much.

• Like 3

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Played it at launch (2015) and because I enjoyed it so much, I bought a gaming laptop (2019) to play the entire trilogy, which I bought on GOG. Despite the dated graphics and game play, the story of the first was really enjoyable and while I've played through most of the second, I've yet to finish it. Also started reading the books the games are based on.

All because of one game...

• Like 4

In terms of most thankful, I’d have to say The Last Guardian. I’m still so glad that Ueda and his team managed to pull through all the difficulties they must have faced. Even sweeter is that it fulfilled the awesome potential it showed all those years ago, and was a more than worthy successor to the two games that came before it. 

Also shoutout to Rain World. A random indie I stumbled upon by myself, with poor reviews and next to no fanfare. Turned out to be one of my favourite games ever. 

Edited by MrFudge
  • Like 4

I don't have an issue limiting my choices, but this is way too hard. There's at least 5 games I'm immensely thankful for having (2-3 of which have already been mentioned here), which I've shown my appreciation for by still playing them post platinum and having purchased them at full retail price.

Between the games already mentioned here and Dying Light being way more successful than the title i'm about to mention, my answer is the severely underrated and underappreciated Gravity Rush 2 (one of the five games, btw).

Image result for gravity rush 2 gif"

• Like 1

I’m going to go with Bloodborne as well. 
It opened up a whole new genre for me, one I thought I didn’t like or wouldn’t be good at. 
If it wasn’t for Bloodborne I wouldn’t have played fantastic games like Nioh, Sekiro, Dark Souls 3 etc.....

• Like 2

I have a few games I'm thankful for. 

The Witcher 3 wild hunt

Bloodborne 

Metro trilogy

Fallout 4

Hitman 2

My sister and I have played countless hours of Bloodborne over the years, which I feel brought us closer together as we had that in common. The witcher 3 is just an awesome game to experience. Metro redux and exodus is a great trilogy. Lots of hours in fallout 4 most building settlements but I always had fun. And the puzzle that is hitman 2. If there was one trilogy I would be super thankful for that could come to the ps4 that would be The Mass Effect Trilogy! Anyways Happy Thanksgiving! 

• Like 1

Dark Souls. The series which started it all. Dark souls made me appreciate more difficult games. You have to learn from your mistakes, it doesn't hold your hand which I hate these days in the gaming industry. Dark souls has have had such a big impact on all kind of games produced these days. I am gratefull from what From Software started. 

• Like 1

Persona 5, for me one of the best JRPGs. I´m just glad they make a new game in the series. Only played Persona from Persona 3 on but for me it has the Pokemon Charme and a really smart Level System of the Persona types with the Bonding Events with School mates. Never saw this Kind of System in another game for that time when it was released

• Like 2