What PS4 Game Are You Most Thankful For? (Plat Cast Topic)

Bushido7745785

Either Nier Automata or Horizon Zero Dawn, it's a difficult choice. The world and story of those games is right up my alley and finishing them left me with a feeling of emptyness because I feared that I would never again be able to experience something comparable - obviously HZD showed me approximately a year after Nier that that wasn't necessarily true, but since then I've found nothing similar.

• Like 2

Persona 5. Of all the PS4 games I've played, it's by far the one that's stuck most with me the most. Great cast of characters, a very memorable style and aesthetic, and especially the music, which sits firmly in my top five game soundtracks. Even after 200+ in-game hours, I still cant get enough of that world. Which is why I'm also thankful for the upcoming Royal and Scramble, Dancing Star Night despite me being garbage at rhythm games, and Joker showing up in Smash.

2 hours ago, RachelCharlotte said:

Either Nier Automata or Horizon Zero Dawn, it's a difficult choice. The world and story of those games is right up my alley and finishing them left me with a feeling of emptyness because I feared that I would never again be able to experience something comparable - obviously HZD showed me approximately a year after Nier that that wasn't necessarily true, but since then I've found nothing similar.

Nier Automata is still to this day one of those games that I think back on and just go, "I can't believe that happened." Or anytime someone mentions it I get flashbacks of Route C. Great choice. Loved every minute of it.

• Like 1

Definitely for Yakuza 0.

This one is the definitive best game I've ever played in my life. It is really close to being perfect for its genre. The story is jawdropping, the gameplay insanely fun, the presentation perfect and the side content crafted with love, care and thoughtfulness. 

Also it's one of my proudest plats. I've done so much research for it, I even google translated several japanese guides. I've become really good at majong, I've refined my skills on those arcade classics and I've learned to keep track of my collectibles. This game made me not only a better player all around, it also made me a better trophy hunter.

Thank you RGG and thank you Yakuza 0. You have reignited my spark and my passion for video games again. 

• Like 3

It just has to be Nier Automata the game is just perfection, a niche game that finally found its place in the world thanks to Square Enix, the popularity of the PS4 and the great team behind it who made it all happen. 

An experience i still return to because its just so damn good and if you own a PS4 and have not played it you owe it to yourself to do so. 

Hail Shuhei Yoshida hallowed be his name ;)

Edited by DarkSoleride
  • Like 1

This was a hard one to choose, but I guess I'd go with Persona 5. After the playing the asinine FFXV which could not even deliver on half its marketing after the XV-rebrand, I was feeling kinda down about the future with AAA JRPGs and was having doubts of whether or not Japan even capable of making them solid anymore, or if I was going to have to settle for the AAs like Tales of Berseria and Trails of Cold Steel (while these are enjoyable games in their own right, they don't keep up with most western games when it comes to production values).

It's not a masterpiece in my eyes (8/10) but I'm pleased to say that Persona 5 restored my faith back in the genre and quelled my misplaced doubts. Japan doesn't need Square Enix to make ambitious, extraordinary JRPGs.

Edited by Eraezr

Nier Automata blew me away when it was announced, a sequel to one of my favourite games of all time that didn't sell well came out of nowhere, yeah i'm thankful this amazing series didn't die and i'm hoping we'll see a Nier Gestalt/Replicant remaster.

Shout outs to Gravity Rush 2 and Mirror's Edge Catalyst, two other great series that got to continue and hopefully will in the future.

• Like 1

Definitely Bloodborne. It introduced me to the Soulsborne genre and showed me the joy of dying over and over and over again. And it still stands, to me at least, as the greatest HP Lovecraft inspired game ever made. It just all around very heavily influenced my gaming preferences after playing it. 

Along the same lines is Firewatch. It was the first 'walking sim' game I ever played and I had never really experienced storytelling in that manner before. The story felt so real and raw. I kind of mark my time with Firewatch as when my taste in games matured to really enjoy good storytelling and not just write off a game because it doesn't look exciting or action packed. Plus it still has the one of the best dynamic dashboard themes out there.

Edited by GameMatter

I have two games that I am thankful for.

The first is God of War which was the first game I got for my PS4 last July. It was the first plat I got on my new system and kick started my enjoyment of trophy hunting again after a brief spell on PS3 some years before. It also told an amazing story that taught me even Greek gods freak out about their parenting ability and I should cut myself some slack from time to time.

The second game is Apex Legends which I have only started playing recently. I've never been one for online gaming but as my friend group gets older and busier it is harder to make time to hang out like we used to so being able to squad up for a couple of hours with old friends (Or new friends from your discord) has resulted in me being able to laugh and goof around like i used to over a few beers in the pub (Without having to get off the sofa).

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving (Or Thursday as we call it everywhere else in the world).

• Like 1

I know it's early and I still might be let down, but I am thankful they are finally releasing a Final Fantasy 7 remake. I've been on the hype train for this game since I first played it in 1997. I am thankful that a remake is no longer a joke or a meme, but a reality. "There ain't no getting offa this [hype] train we're on!"

On 29/11/2019 at 5:05 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm thankful for Dark Cloud being brought from the PS2 to the PS4. My PS2s have stopped working for a while, and it was great to see one of my all-time favorite games come to a new console so I could play it again.

Happy for PS2 to PS4 in general.

Exactly same for me !

Dark Cloud (1&2) is still my favorite game.

Also Diablo 3 (solo mode, cheaters have killed any online fun) in 2nd position.

Edited by trucmucho
added details

i'm grateful for Dark Cloud to be on the ps4, you had no idea how I was so pissed when I learn it was released on the ps3 as a ps2 classic... only to be disappointed that it's exclusive to the Japanese store, and the Japanese version there's no Demon Shaft bonus area where all the fun is at. 

I swear I still recall that I exactly played and beat this game 28 time in the entirety of the ps2 life cycle and still have the ps2 disc but my ps2 have stopped working and my ps3 don't read ps2 discs, now on the ps4 I believe I beat it 7 times, I love this game so much and I am not trying to break a record here or something but I never get bored of this game at all. 

I never played a game this much in my life like dark cloud, even If I got bored with it or beat it and turn it off you can see me playing it all over again after a week or so.

I can see this game to be really boring for the average Joe or Jane, repetitive and a bit dull, and I can't lie that I have falling asleep when playing it especially in the wise owl forest and the sun and moon temple but I still can't get enough of this game at all.

Well I am Canadian so my Thanksgiving was back in October but nonetheless, the game I am most thankful for is the recent Disney Aladdin/Lion King collection. I played Lion King back in my SNES days and was probably my first truly difficult game I ever played (I was also 7 years old back then). Imagine my surprise when I heard it was coming to the PS4!! Still hard and I keep forgetting they added a rewind feature lol. I am so thankful for the game and the platinum art that I am making it my #100 milestone! 

I choose Dying Light. It was one of two games i bought alongside with my PS4 and it felt awesome to climb almost every building up or down while smashing or kicking Zombies in the face. I played the vanilla story 3 times again even after obtaining all trophies and the Parcour DLC and the Bozark Horde DLC were really troublesome. Was i glad when i finished them.

Shout out to Skyrim (love it, but meh with no real mod support) and also Unravel 2 (amazingly good 2D Platformer but oh boy are the speedruns difficult. And no skippable cutscenes :()

Edited by Evil_Joker88

I am thankful for Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. My brother and I played it together all the time. Brought a lot of fun and memories. We even platinumed the game twice on PS3 and PS4!

Also, thank you Dark Souls 3 for introducing me to hardcore RPGs.

• 1 month later...