Still possible to 100%?

Max_Playne

So I've been interested in playing this game for a while and since the server shutdown has been announced I see no better time to start than now. I just have a doubt: is it still possible to 100% as of right now (Nov. 2019)? A friend of mine said that you can buy the DLC with in game currency, which sounds a bit too good to be true (hopefully he's right lol). And if so, how long and how difficult is to 100%? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Max_Playne said:

So I've been interested in playing this game for a while and since the server shutdown has been announced I see no better time to start than now. I just have a doubt: is it still possible to 100% as of right now (Nov. 2019)? A friend of mine said that you can buy the DLC with in game currency, which sounds a bit too good to be true (hopefully he's right lol). And if so, how long and how difficult is to 100%? 

It's still fully obtainable & is actually very easy now compared to launch.

Many of the characters had lore challenges that required x amount of kills with specific abilities & some even required specific characters to kill. I got the game back at release (and according to the PSNprofiles leadeboards I was the 7th person to 100% the game) & some were a pain as you needed opponents to pick specific characters while you were playing a specific one & then you had to kill them as many times as possible, an example was Galilea needing to kill Ambra 20 times which was a nightmare as very few people used to play as her back then as she had a very poor skill set.

These days the character specific ones have changed just to x kills & you can actually do all the lore challenges in bot matches or private matches, neither of which were possible until well over a year after the game came out when those modes were added.

I have no idea what the PvP is like these days but the PvE levels were always great fun & where I spent the majority of my time, they were the main reason I favoured Battleborn over Overwatch for a long time.

• Like 1

Just be aware that they're pulling the currency from the store in February, so anyone starting after that wont be able to buy or earn enough to %100

Edit - I wasnt able to find battleborn on the store via internet or playstation app.  I hope they didn't pull the whole page down already? If you cant buy the currency in game, might be out of luck?

Edited by AJ_-_808

8 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Just be aware that they're pulling the currency from the store in February, so anyone starting after that wont be able to buy or earn enough to %100

Edit - I wasnt able to find battleborn on the store via internet or playstation app.  I hope they didn't pull the whole thing down already?

ATM there isn't any trace of any battleborn content on the portuguese ps store. Not even the game itself.  Damn... If it was possible to get 100% without spending more money than the game itself, it would be great. 

Edited by Max_Playne

It is obtainable now, but when I started it, for 4 days it had an error where it was unable to retrieve match history. This error made it impossible to save the stats you accumulated in a match/mission and required me to replay the prologue on the game around 10 times in order for it to register and allow me to play Episode 1, then after 5 runs of Episode 1 with no success saving any stats I fucked off for a few days and contacted support. The issue is fixed now, the only issue that currently exists is that you can't do 2 matches in a row without getting an error starting up a mission/match, but you can reboot the entire game to fix the issue. Some people you play online with may have issues connecting with you altogether though, the less people you play with, the less likely the error is to happen. If the stats error comes back any time soon, I'm not sure if 2K/Gearbox will give a shit to fix it considering they're intending on abandoning the game. I recommend anyone who cares to do the game to do it before February because they'd have less motivation to fix any errors that make the platinum unobtainable if they're no-longer making money from the game whatsoever.

On 11/29/2019 at 5:42 PM, AJ_-_808 said:

Hopefully the marketplace doesn't try to send you to a non-existent ps store page

In-game if you choose to buy platinum, it sends you to the store page and it is still purchasable. They're intending to stop microtransactions for the game in February 2020. I'll also add that the DLC is account locked, so after it is delisted game-sharing also won't work for the DLC so once it's gone, it's gone for everyone.

Edited by Sergen

4 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

So if i wanna do Battleborn i have to make sure to knock off the DLC before Feb 2020? Or is the DLC still reachable after that date? Also the fact that the Season Pass is 25 from the game store is really stupid. Why not make all the content free? Or maybe they might do that before that date?

You just need to buy it, you will still be able to play it after that date. Only in-game currency(platinum) will become unavailable on that day.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, timpurnat said:

You just need to buy it, you will still be able to play it after that date. Only in-game currency(platinum) will become unavailable on that day.

This^

Everything will still be playable after February 2020 but getting the Platinum required to buy the Season Pass Bundle will be a massive grind you won't have time to complete so will have to go down the VIP Pass route instead.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

i wanna know a thing: it's possible to obtain 100% of the trophies alone in bot matches or there are some trophies that must be boosted with 1 other person (at least) in private?

"When You Roll Up With the Squad Like" has to be boosted, because it will only pop if there are 5 human players in the lobby. There are also various lore challenges that are way easier and far less irritating when done with a full group of friends e.g. Boldur's "Woodsworn" challenge, Alani's "The Lifeguards Have Given Up" challenge and Kelvin's "Micro Macro Mist Me" challenge, all of which are a pain to pull off with when all you have is the brain dead A.I. and lousy RNG. Here's my Guide on .org, which will walk you through all the trophies :): https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/battleborn/guide/

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

i wanna know a thing: it's possible to obtain 100% of the trophies alone in bot matches or there are some trophies that must be boosted with 1 other person (at least) in private?

In the guide on-site, I’ve marked the trophies that you’ll need other human players for.

Aside from “When You Roll Up With the Squad Like” (which can be done with three people, if two have two controllers) you’ll need human players for:

- Boldur’s Woodsworn Challenge, as it needs a team of all Eldrid. You can do it at the same time as the above, and just toss yourself off an edge on a Hardcore story mission.

- Benedict needs two other Peacekeepers for one of his lore challenges, as AI companions don’t count for these.

- Kelvin needs to be against 3+ human players (or two people if one or both have two controllers).

Everything else can be done solo in Bots battle though you’ll need two controllers for any challenges that require you to team up with certain characters, as AI doesn’t count for those. Again I’ve marked them all as “Two controllers” on the trophy guide. If you don’t have a second controller then you’ll need another person.

And there are some others that are easier with a boosting partner, namely the ones that require you to kill certain characters (Alani, Galilea, Whiskey Foxtrot, etc) to ensure the character you need to kill comes up. Also Alani’s Challenge is quite buggy with AI companions and works better with human players.

Hope that helps, but the trophy guide on this site should cover everything. If there’s anything that isn’t clear, leave a comment and I’ll edit the guide to clarify :) 

EDIT: well, I took so long typing on mobile that I was ninja'd by a whole 20 mins...fail...

Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 2

So i'm updating my issue, since random people messaged me on PSN about this, and here is the update.

If anyone wants to know before you buy the Platinum Coins it can glitch to your account by missing the amount. So your coins can be missing due a glitch. I'm now asking for a refund and 2K is gonna get back to my issue in a few days. I suggest do it slowly when you buy them. Also the servers are fucked right now. Things aren't saving up on the server. So probably my best move is to skip this game and get my 30€,- back.

I'm missing 3250 platinum coins on my account and only 1150 platinum coins got added..... So i got ripped off and my 2x1625 are gone. Playstation told me that everything got transfered without any issues, and they told me it's 2K's side. So be aware it can happen to you also.

If you google this sort of issue, you will see more people having this problem. But they waited less than 24 hours and it got added. Mine never got added at all.

okitr5ju7raj1.jpg

mgh4lbkfax6fd.jpg

As you can see there only 5x230 got added to my account.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my refund from Playstation and got all my money back to my account. 2K couldn't add the remaining points to my account because it was glitched. So i choosed to get my money back. 2K gave me a 15% discount code for their 2K Store. So if you gonna buy the Platinum Coins just becareful cus it can glitch. And some amount will never get added to your account. :(

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 3