Recommendation for katamari forever PlayStation 3 Exslusive

shai_sr12345

Hi everyone.

So after a couple of days after my last PS3 games that I buy I forget that I have found an odd game that was called Katamari forever. 

After some research i found trailer for the game that was uploaded in 2011 instead of 2009 when the game was released. 

Today i find less & less place in my country that i know or places that sell PS3 games (if they are good one or not) also the big reason is the PS4 and the next-gen games (that are much better obviously) but if I found something interesting that i didn't sure if to get i see reviews (not all of the games only for some of them). But with this game i see review but didn't understand this game it and what to expect from him. Is good game (also exslusive one and particular an old one). So I will like to get recommendations for this game. 

Are you like this one, do you didn't like this or something else if you have to say just say all the openings i will acsept no matter what you think 

Thanks for the help and have a nice day/night (when you get a chance to read this post). 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

BUY KATAMARI...BUY IT NOW.

Seriously it is one of my favourite series (if you click my profile it is my banner there as well).

It is just a blast to pick up and play. The music is great, the controls are fun, the humour is weird and I have never not loved a Katamari game.

The best part about Forever is it is basically a collection of all the best levels from the other Katamari games (with some new levels added in as well).

Also by the same team (FINALLY) Wattam is coming out in a couple of weeks for the Ps4

OK for one who never heard of the series and see a review before ask on the forum about it. 

For someone who know the series for years what should I expect from the series beside best level from previous games and best selection of music from the previous games. 

Is there something else that I need to know before I play (if I decided to pick up thus game where i see him when I buy my previous PS3 games). 

Thank you for the answer?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shai_sr12345 said:

OK for one who never heard of the series and see a review before ask on the forum about it. 

For someone who know the series for years what should I expect from the series beside best level from previous games and best selection of music from the previous games. 

Is there something else that I need to know before I play (if I decided to pick up thus game where i see him when I buy my previous PS3 games). 

Thank you for the answer1f600.png

OK..my excitement got the best of me :P

Basically you are trying to recreate the stars by rolling Katamaris around Earth.

A Katamari is a ball that everything sticks to so you roll around picking up chairs, dogs, bananas, people, buildings, countries etc until you get your katamari big enough to become a star.

You are given different height requirements before starting and you just keep rolling until you get it that big.

Now some levels might only count certain types of items while others (FUCK YOU BEARCOW :shakefist:) end when you pick up a certain item (and you are trying to get as big as you can without touching that item).

So you might start off so small you are picking up buttons and dice but then when you get a little bigger you pick up cards and mice and then a little bigger etc. etc. etc.

I don't know what to tell you...that is the game...it is a ton of fun and you can pick up and play for one level or become addicted and keep on playing.

The platinum is tough because you have to collect one of every item in the game and there are a like a thousand things you can pick up.

• Like 3

Honestly this is one of my favorite ps3 games, and it was the platinum I had the most fun getting :)

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

BUY KATAMARI...BUY IT NOW.

Seriously it is one of my favourite series (if you click my profile it is my banner there as well).

It is just a blast to pick up and play. The music is great, the controls are fun, the humour is weird and I have never not loved a Katamari game.

The best part about Forever is it is basically a collection of all the best levels from the other Katamari games (with some new levels added in as well).

Also by the same team (FINALLY) Wattam is coming out in a couple of weeks for the Ps4

And I agree with everything Mayus said above, it's a ton of fun and Katamari Forever is my favorite one from the series. 
I'd definitely recommend it to anyone to pick up  

For it being mostly a rehash of the previously released Katamari Games, it is considered by some to be the weakest of the entire series...

However, unless you've already played the previous versions on the older systems, it's gaming gold.

Not a simple one to do if you are concerned with trophies, although...so if that's you goal, you might want to pass.

Katamari is not something to be explained...it is something to be experienced.

The video seemed to forget that the game mechanic was experimentally used in a previously released Namco sleeper title I-Ninja.

• Like 2

Katamari is a great series. Like others have said the trophies are hard, but it's a very fun game.

If you can't find Katamari Forever on PS3 but still want to try out the series there is a Katamari game on PS Vita and one on the Nintendo Switch. The one on Switch is a HD remaster of the first Katamari game.