difficulty

Durrun

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i'm not a 2D side-scroll veteran, so this game is a little tough or at least tougher than most Rata games. That is why i haven't gotten the Plat, when everybody else has!

Sad, i know.

EDIT:

Did get the Plat, though i struggled a bit on one level.

Off topic, does anyone know why this game shows up on our PS3, although that version is for the Vita?

Edited by TheGoaler

• 6 months later...
On 12/18/2019 at 5:10 PM, TheGoaler said:

Well, i'm not a 2D side-scroll veteran, so this game is a little tough or at least tougher than most Rata games. That is why i haven't gotten the Plat, when everybody else has!

Sad, i know.

EDIT:

Did get the Plat, though i struggled a bit on one level.

Off topic, does anyone know why this game shows up on our PS3, although that version is for the Vita?

You can download Vita titles to the PS3 and transfer them over.

The Platinum for the game is really easy. For me personally a 1/10 but for those who aren’t really great at platformers, perhaps a 3/10 at most. It’s not very difficult as the levels are quite short. Can get it done in 20-30 mins if you’re a beginner to platformers 

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

I did not enjoy Foxyland and did not find it as "easy" as many of the posts here describe. Platformers are one of my least favorite genres, but Mekabolt and Thunderpaw (both from Ratalaika) were okay. Foxyland, however, feels conflicted. It has a fun Sonic-like palette, but it can be punitive and many of the levels are not enjoyable. The jump attack mechanics feel clunky. Numerous times I landed on an enemy, only for the game to harm my character, not the NPC. At least two levels require the player to jump from ladders, but the game never explains that if you jump from the top of the ladder with an object overhad, the jump button will not work, causing your character to fall and be injured. This is never explained. Through trial and error, the player must learn to jump from the middle of the ladder to reach a higher level. This is counterintuitive. Also, the lever mechanic is not well done. It would have made more sense to include a button prompt to engage the lever, with a red/green color scheme to show if a lever was activated. On a couple levels I had to backtrack because I somehow activated the lever twice, didn't know it until I arrived at the next section, and could not advance.

If a gamer likes platformers, Foxyland is a quick, forgettable platinum. If a gamer doesn't like platformers, Foxyland is a tedious, irritating, short platform. If you like the Ratalaika Midnight series, this is similar to that in terms of difficulty.