Easiest Seal for trophy?

Froobix

Am I right in thinking it will be Wayfarer? Aside from a bit of time, it should only be the EP stuff that will take any real effort..?

I don't enjoy Destiny anymore but want to finish the trophies before being done for good, is there still people who play EP etc? Overload me with info please!

• Like 1

I am pretty much 99% sure that Dredgen is the quickest. 

There is very little RNG, all of the requirements are relatively simple, and basically all you need do is spam enough Gambit matches. 

Every other title typically takes months to get, due to RNG drops and the rotating schedule of certain events. 

• Like 2

Not counting the raid titles since i dont do raids. Dredgen and maybe the Undying Title(if you play nonstop before it goes away on Dec 10) are the fastest. Almost everything else is time locked. Wayfarer takes a couple months. You need the EP gear which takes 5 weeks minimum since you only get one armor piece a week , 3 weeks minimum for segiras shell, and it requires the bullshit that is the Braytech Osprey which means you have to wait for Strange Terrain to come to the nightfalls list (didn't come for 6 weeks when I first started playing) then the rng trying to get it. Dredgen is easier to get now then it was when I got it due to all the bounties so its quicker to get infamy for the 3 resets. The only thing  that might be difficult is the kill invaders while they are in the super triumph since people rarely use their super while invading.

Edited by Kuzigari_
Added details

1 minute ago, Kuzigari_ said:

Not counting the raid titles since i dont do raids. Dredgen and maybe the Undying Title(if you play nonstop before it goes away on Dec 10) are the fastest. Almost everything else is time locked. Wayfarer tales a couple months and requires the bullshit that is the Braytech Osprey which means you have to wait for Strange Terrain to come to the nightfalls list (didn't come for 6 weeks when I first started playing) then the rng trying to get it. Dredgen is easier to get now then it was when I got it due to all the bounties so its quicker to get infamy for the 3 resets. The only thing  that might be difficult is the kill invaders while they are in the super triumph since people rarely use their super while invading.

Yeah that's what stopped me with the Gambit seal on my old account. I wish I hadn't started this game now, considering Destiny 1 was one of my favourite games, this just seems so daunting.

4 minutes ago, Kuzigari_ said:

Not counting the raid titles since i dont do raids. Dredgen and maybe the Undying Title(if you play nonstop before it goes away on Dec 10) are the fastest. Almost everything else is time locked. Wayfarer takes a couple months. You need the EP gear which takes 5 weeks minimum since you only get one armor piece a week , 3 weeks minimum for segiras shell, and it requires the bullshit that is the Braytech Osprey which means you have to wait for Strange Terrain to come to the nightfalls list (didn't come for 6 weeks when I first started playing) then the rng trying to get it. Dredgen is easier to get now then it was when I got it due to all the bounties so its quicker to get infamy for the 3 resets. The only thing  that might be difficult is the kill invaders while they are in the super triumph since people rarely use their super while invading.

yeah except the undying title doesn't count which I found out after i had almost completed it.  For the trophy it has to be a seal released with forsaken.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

yeah except the undying title doesn't count which I found out after i had almost completed it.  For the trophy it has to be a seal released with forsaken.

Really? That sucks, I've been going for the 100% again in my 2nd account and I'm 2 undying triumphs away. All that work made pointless 

7 minutes ago, Kuzigari_ said:

Really? That sucks, I've been going for the 100% again in my 2nd account and I'm 2 undying triumphs away. All that work made pointless 

Sorry to bear the bad news but somebody had confirmed on steam it didn't count.  there was hope that the ones from the 2nd major expansion would but no such luck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, manumatik said:

I've been working my way to Wayfarer for months and I just can't get the last 2 Ikelos weapons and 3 from the Dreaming city plus the emblem to drop. it's horrible.

I have a feeling I will platinum this and dip in and out for the 100 percent, I platinumed Destiny 1 on my original account so easily because I loved it and it came naturally, Destiny 2 is boring the life out of me.

My feelings exactly. I love the game, and I would love to have the freedom to enjoy it my way but at the same time get the trophies.

But nope. It's an endless grind tied to a broken RNG system and it's just killing what otherwise is an amazing game for me.

Really, a shame.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 0:55 PM, OniWalker said:

None of the lore is tied to raids for the seal

It's my understanding that to get Marasenna Lore you need to find all 40 corrupted eggs, and 5 of those are in the Last Wish raid.  Am I wrong in this?  I've done quite a bit of research on this before choosing to go for Wayfarer, and I would MUCH rather do the lore if I can do it without the raid.  I guess there are conflicting reports, so any definitive answer would be appreciated.  Thanks!

13 hours ago, FeelTheCosmos said:

It's my understanding that to get Marasenna Lore you need to find all 40 corrupted eggs, and 5 of those are in the Last Wish raid.  Am I wrong in this?  I've done quite a bit of research on this before choosing to go for Wayfarer, and I would MUCH rather do the lore if I can do it without the raid.  I guess there are conflicting reports, so any definitive answer would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Yes some Lore does need the raid, although not actually completing it... I think I'm going to go Wayfarer when I can be bothered and just plug away at that!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FeelTheCosmos said:

You can get 4 of the 5 corrupted eggs in the raid solo by using the wish wall at the start to teleport to the correct location. But one is between Morgeth and The Vault, and you can't backtrack to it from the Vault. You can teleport directly to Morgeth, but you must beat the fight to get to the next room where the egg is found. You need the Marasenna lore book in order to complete the Lore seal for Chronicler, which requires breaking all 40 eggs. There's also a Dreaming City triumph for breaking all 40 eggs that you need in order to complete the Dreaming City seal for Cursebreaker. That means either seal requires beating the Morgeth fight in the Last Wish raid.

Dredgen is the simplest title to get because you can do 100% of it solo thanks to Gambit being a matchmaking activity. It may take you a while to get the Army of One medals, or the 10 kills of other guardians while they're in a roaming super, or the sparrow and ship for the badge since they only drop from the meatball boss in regular Gambit. I don't have the Dredgen title because I lack the ship for the badge. I got the sparrow from the meatball boss before Season of the Drifter added Gambit Prime, but haven't played regular Gambit since then because I think Gambit Prime is much better.

Wayfarer is the next simplest title, but farming the Strange Terrain nightfall for the Braytech Osprey and farming the EP bosses for the three IKELOS weapons is probably not something you'll be doing solo unless your name is Gladd. On the plus side for EP farming, you no longer need keys to open the chest from the final boss so getting the armor is a lot easier. On the down side, the three IKELOS weapons are still rare and still on rotation.

The 2 missing Ikelos weapons are the bane of my existence, same as 3 weapons from the Dreaming City. I have plenty of tigersprites and vouchsafes though, like ten of each or so...

But yeah Wayfarer is the easiest one if you are not in a hurry, you don't mind the grind and you enjoy playing solo.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Been trying for the wayfarer seal myself the last week.
And I don't know how many Blind well tier 2's and tier's 3 I've done...

Just complete days of playing wells...

But it's just impossible to get the Secret Victory emblem to drop for me.... It's just insane..

And after doing it so many times, the mood to continue that trophy gets less and less

3 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

Been trying for the wayfarer seal myself the last week.
And I don't know how many Blind well tier 2's and tier's 3 I've done...

Just complete days of playing wells...

But it's just impossible to get the Secret Victory emblem to drop for me.... It's just insane..

And after doing it so many times, the mood to continue that trophy gets less and less

I'm with you on that one. All I have left for the trophy and it's so boring sitting in the well, especially when people just run through the tier 3 heroics and literally get no rewards from it.

Have you been doing the Ascendant Challenges? There's a mix up at the minute where people think they get it on the final completed one and people saying the final completed time trial one.

1 minute ago, ImmortalFox- said:

I'm with you on that one. All I have left for the trophy and it's so boring sitting in the well, especially when people just run through the tier 3 heroics and literally get no rewards from it.

Have you been doing the Ascendant Challenges? There's a mix up at the minute where people think they get it on the final completed one and people saying the final completed time trial one.

I've been reading so many different messages.
One says that it's about completing the weekly challenge (So just 6 weeks or so and you''ll have it..."
In that case I would say... "Fine... I just do that if I get the Emblem"

But If I have to do time trials... well... please no :P

But yeah, the blind wells are so boring after doing 50 of them on a day.
Even once when I got 6 drops out of one chest. (with another emblem) but not the one that I needed..

Tried the way where you just start a tier one and sit there.
But or I just get planet materials, or just people join in and do the tiers..

So if it's just doing the ascendant challenges... I'll be doing that.
Otherwise.... lot's of wells the coming time I guess. *sigh*

• Like 2

Just now, JusttJD said:

I've been reading so many different messages.
One says that it's about completing the weekly challenge (So just 6 weeks or so and you''ll have it..."
In that case I would say... "Fine... I just do that if I get the Emblem"

But If I have to do time trials... well... please no :P

But yeah, the blind wells are so boring after doing 50 of them on a day.
Even once when I got 6 drops out of one chest. (with another emblem) but not the one that I needed..

Tried the way where you just start a tier one and sit there.
But or I just get planet materials, or just people join in and do the tiers..

So if it's just doing the ascendant challenges... I'll be doing that.
Otherwise.... lot's of wells the coming time I guess. *sigh*

Yeah, it's kind of everywhere with the information on it honestly. I even read the Braytech weapons on Mars were the worst part about it but they were the easiest so I think so many things have changed it's all just got mixed in.

Well I've got only next weeks trial to do for normal and I can tell you if I get lucky in that if you like? Unless you're close yourself.

If not I'll have to wait for the time trials. I've got 4/6 done but missed Week 3 so I'll have to wait a month minimum before I can even attempt it again.

Yeah, I got that one as well, Drink at the well or something. Got excited when I saw it but nope hahah!

Yeah the wells been done so much now I think I'm just going to wait for the challenges. It's so boring sitting there and getting no rewards. Especially when you're at 1000 light and got a great loadout.

I'd work on the challenges if I was you bud. May as well, I think the time trials is a guaranteed drop while Well and normal challenges are up in the air. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ImmortalFox- said:

Yeah, it's kind of everywhere with the information on it honestly. I even read the Braytech weapons on Mars were the worst part about it but they were the easiest so I think so many things have changed it's all just got mixed in.

Well I've got only next weeks trial to do for normal and I can tell you if I get lucky in that if you like? Unless you're close yourself.

If not I'll have to wait for the time trials. I've got 4/6 done but missed Week 3 so I'll have to wait a month minimum before I can even attempt it again.

Yeah, I got that one as well, Drink at the well or something. Got excited when I saw it but nope hahah!

Yeah the wells been done so much now I think I'm just going to wait for the challenges. It's so boring sitting there and getting no rewards. Especially when you're at 1000 light and got a great loadout.

I'd work on the challenges if I was you bud. May as well, I think the time trials is a guaranteed drop while Well and normal challenges are up in the air. 

Are the time trials... hard? (solo)

Let's say compared to... The whisper run solo.

I was most scared for the escalation protocols to be honest...
But I got all of it with minimal effort.

And I would appreciate it, yes... If you could give me a shout when you've done the last "normal" one.

Probably going to try the well a couple more times tomorrow and then just quit that if it doesn't drop and do the challenges.

4 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

Are the time trials... hard? (solo)

Let's say compared to... The whisper run solo.

I was most scared for the escalation protocols to be honest...
But I got all of it with minimal effort.

And I would appreciate it, yes... If you could give me a shout when you've done the last "normal" one.

Probably going to try the well a couple more times tomorrow and then just quit that if it doesn't drop and do the challenges.

Honestly, I got 3/4 without trying. I wasn't even going for the time trials because I was convinced I was getting the drop in the well.

Last weeks one is probably the most annoying one where you have to get to this platform, kill ads, kill the champions with the swords and then traverse to the portal. It's just so awkward.

Ahh I got really lucky with my Escalation. It took about 10 goes for the SMG, 3 for the Shotgun and 5 for the Sniper so got lucky with that one.

Yeah no worries at all, I'll let you know what happens on Tuesday after the reset!

Yeah, it's not ideal but the challenges only take a couple of minutes so if you can squeeze them in to your week you'll get them in no time!

• Like 1