Where is the point of no return?

EdwardTheMartyr

46 minutes ago, EdwardTheMartyr said:

The guide isn't clear on this. Is the point of return when you first go to the Southern territory? Or is it much later than that? I've already gone to the Southern Territory, but I can still go back to the Northern territory.

Much later, towards the final mission. The game will warn you, but if you pay attention to the story, it will be obvious. To keep it very short on spoiler, you will cross an old prison and when you go open 1 gate, the game will give you a heads up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Letenko22 said:

Much later, towards the final mission. The game will warn you, but if you pay attention to the story, it will be obvious. To keep it very short on spoiler, you will cross an old prison and when you go open 1 gate, the game will give you a heads up.

I don't care for this game's story. Can I still go back to the north to finish jackal tapes and find that 1 buddy? The buddies I did find all died at Mike's bar.

13 minutes ago, EdwardTheMartyr said:

I don't care for this game's story. Can I still go back to the north to finish jackal tapes and find that 1 buddy? The buddies I did find all died at Mike's bar.

Of course, if memory serves, you might have to complete 1-2 missions in the south, but then you will be able to cross freely and finish up any tapes, missions or buddies you may have missed. Also, you don't need to worry about your buddies from Mike's bar, that won't mess anything up.

Just now, Letenko22 said:

Of course, if memory serves, you might have to complete 1-2 missions in the south, but then you will be able to cross freely and finish up any tapes, missions or buddies you may have missed. Also, you don't need to worry about your buddies from Mike's bar, that won't mess anything up.

Will the buddy I rescued go to Mike's bar and be alone? I need to give the Jackal tapes to the reporter at the bar, so I'm worried.

2 minutes ago, EdwardTheMartyr said:

Will the buddy I rescued go to Mike's bar and be alone? I need to give the Jackal tapes to the reporter at the bar, so I'm worried.

All the buddies should move where the story moves, so they should remain in the south. The reporter will accept any tapes, once you find him in hte south as well. Just to be safe, I would make a backup save, this game can be glitchy sometimes.

Edit: Just took a look at the trophy for getting all buddies, 1 in the north is missable. https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/10-far-cry-2/28-the-third-faction

Edited by Letenko22
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Letenko22 said:

All the buddies should move where the story moves, so they should remain in the south. The reporter will accept any tapes, once you find him in hte south as well. Just to be safe, I would make a backup save, this game can be glitchy sometimes.

Edit: Just took a look at the trophy for getting all buddies, 1 in the north is missable. https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/10-far-cry-2/28-the-third-faction

I'm gonna finish my current playthrough. If the trophy doesn't pop at #7 I will do another playthrough just for the buddy trophy.