Titanomachy_75

Tokens

7 posts in this topic

I read you should not spend any tokens till the end of the game to make the things easier? So, I see you get up grades and other things with token purchases? Does this mean I have to play the game without up grading anything?? Thing to have some clear info on this? 

Dont worry about spending anything. You get more than enough tokens with the main game and dlc to upgrade everything

Spend most Tokens where you want, but I'd recommend saving Challenge Tokens to unlock new suits over other upgrades as, in my opinion, Challenge Tokens are the hardest to acquire and unlocking new suits has a trophy attached to it while the other upgrades do not.

If you have the dlc's you can acquire Challenge Tokens while playing them, so if you don't unlock all suits before the end of the main game, don't worry.

If you spend Challenge Tokens exclusively on suits you should get the platinum finishing the main story. If you get other upgrades you can still easily get the platinum playing the dlc's. 

Tee ell dee argh; it doesn't really matter, you'll get enough tokens to unlock everything you need.

1 minute ago, SpaghettiGrabsy said:

Spend most Tokens where you want, but I'd recommend saving Challenge Tokens to unlock new suits over other upgrades as, in my opinion, Challenge Tokens are the hardest to acquire and unlocking new suits has a trophy attached to it while the other upgrades do not.

If you have the dlc's you can acquire Challenge Tokens while playing them, so if you don't unlock all suits before the end of the main game, don't worry.

If you spend Challenge Tokens exclusively on suits you should get the platinum finishing the main story. If you get other upgrades you can still easily get the platinum playing the dlc's. 

Tee ell dee argh; it doesn't really matter, you'll get enough tokens to unlock everything you need.

ok thnaks

It depends on what you want to do.  If you want to get Platinum w/o DLCs then spend tokens on suits and just enough upgrades to get the trophies.  If you're just looking to have fun, spend freely as you wish.

I didn't save tokens.  I spent on the upgrades I wanted and the suits, while aiming for Platinum first and foremost.  By the end of my 1st playthrough I had everything I wanted, including Platinum.  Then I played NG+ on Ultimate to get those free trophies out of the way (I have no DLC).  I basically stuck to crit path the whole way, but I did do a couple extra challenges in that playthrough to max out everything.  For the most part it was completely unnecessary.  I had no use for 2-3 of the gadgets, so upgraded or not, it made no difference.  I almost exclusively used web shooters and web bombs on both playthroughs, though there are plenty of opportunities to make use of concussive blast and trip mines.  I found spider drones and suspension matrix to be more of a burden than anything and never used them.

So in the end it's up to you, but if you're planning to do 2 playthroughs and DLC for all the trophies, you will have no issue whatsoever getting all suits and upgrading everything along the way.  If you choose to do only 1 playthrough, prioritize.  Good luck!

14 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

It depends on what you want to do.  If you want to get Platinum w/o DLCs then spend tokens on suits and just enough upgrades to get the trophies.  If you're just looking to have fun, spend freely as you wish.

I didn't save tokens.  I spent on the upgrades I wanted and the suits, while aiming for Platinum first and foremost.  By the end of my 1st playthrough I had everything I wanted, including Platinum.  Then I played NG+ on Ultimate to get those free trophies out of the way (I have no DLC).  I basically stuck to crit path the whole way, but I did do a couple extra challenges in that playthrough to max out everything.  For the most part it was completely unnecessary.  I had no use for 2-3 of the gadgets, so upgraded or not, it made no difference.  I almost exclusively used web shooters and web bombs on both playthroughs, though there are plenty of opportunities to make use of concussive blast and trip mines.  I found spider drones and suspension matrix to be more of a burden than anything and never used them.

So in the end it's up to you, but if you're planning to do 2 playthroughs and DLC for all the trophies, you will have no issue whatsoever getting all suits and upgrading everything along the way.  If you choose to do only 1 playthrough, prioritize.  Good luck!

On 12/1/2019 at 4:19 AM, Titanomachy_75 said:

I read you should not spend any tokens till the end of the game to make the things easier? So, I see you get up grades and other things with token purchases? Does this mean I have to play the game without up grading anything?? Thing to have some clear info on this? 

I didn't spend any tokens until I was able to purchase all the suits.

You'll be fine as long as you play on the easiest difficulty, which is Friendly Neighborhood (if I'm not mistaken).