Missing memory

stu_0089

Kind of irritating that it doesn't list how many memories each chapter has and I thought it would be pretty hard to miss one but apparently I have.  Any help would be appreciated, like if you happen to remember any out of the way memories that could be missed or if someone even had a video. 

I have 3 files and both are at 34/36 memories...so either I am missing two or 2 are glitching.  I was pretty thorough the first 2 times through so I don't think I am missing them.  Is anyone else having this problem and is there a fix?

I dont know how many are in each chapter, but im at 34/36 and I know that the one in the throne room that catches on fire and forces you to fly as a parrot did not register and the one in the snow chapter right before you head up that narrow path to the temple did not register.

I have also finished the game without getting this trophy. 

Is there a chance the missing memories are connected to a continued memory? (i.e., when you have to search for the memory trail?)

I will likely start a new game also since there doesn't seem to be a guide or in-game tracker. Thankfully I enjoyed the story so its not too bad

1 hour ago, bdjn15 said:

I have also finished the game without getting this trophy. 

Is there a chance the missing memories are connected to a continued memory? (i.e., when you have to search for the memory trail?)

I will likely start a new game also since there doesn't seem to be a guide or in-game tracker. Thankfully I enjoyed the story so its not too bad

I'm going to try and delete the game and all save files and start from scratch to see if that fixes it for me.  I would think if it had to do with a continued memory then my game completion wouldn't show 100% on all 3 of my files, this is what makes me think that a couple for them glitched...

On 12/3/2019 at 4:52 AM, Dayngls said:

I dont know how many are in each chapter, but im at 34/36 and I know that the one in the throne room that catches on fire and forces you to fly as a parrot did not register and the one in the snow chapter right before you head up that narrow path to the temple did not register.

These are the two I also have a problem with, and it seems you can't get them by reloading.

I've played through the game 3 times with the same result, including wiping the game and save data.

I've confirmed only the ones you have to click Triangle count, not random visions you have. Also multi-part memories only count as one.

For Memories per chapter I made a hope-not-too spoilery list:

Prologue: 0

Chapter 1: 2

Bandits

Bandit camp

Chapter 2: 8

Getting amulet

Plague victims

Soldiers taking stuff

Injured Ox

The house

Beggers

Soldiers taking more stuff

Angry mob/buring

Chapter 3: 3

Stuff spilled in the water

Underwater highway

Whispering towers

Chapter 4:9

Secret Meeting

Giving food to the poor

Festival

Wovles in cages

Climbing the Temple

Temple destruction

Entering the Palace

Releasing Prisoners

Throne Room (Glitched for me)

Field at Night

Field by Day

Scaffolding

Climbing out of the mine

Chapter 5: 7

Smoke sighted

Entering the old city #1

Entering the old city #2

Guards catch up

Wold cub

Large bridge

Guards fight wolves

Chapter 6: 3

Resting with wolf cub (glitched for me)

At the Sun Temple

Finale.

Edited by Paper_Tiger
Tidying up

On 12/3/2019 at 2:00 AM, stupid0089 said:

I have 3 files and both are at 34/36 memories...so either I am missing two or 2 are glitching.  I was pretty thorough the first 2 times through so I don't think I am missing them.  Is anyone else having this problem and is there a fix?

Yes, same problem.

I reached out to the devs and they can reproduce the problem. So there should be a fix coming.

6 hours ago, Paper_Tiger said:

Yes, same problem.

I reached out to the devs and they can reproduce the problem. So there should be a fix coming.

I tweeted at them, but got no response. Good to hear you were able to get one! Back to Death Stranding as we wait for a fix

7 hours ago, Paper_Tiger said:

Yes, same problem.

Glad you got that response, when I contacted them they just told me that I probably missed one...even though I explained the fact that my files showed 34/36 but 100%

On 12/5/2019 at 6:53 AM, Paper_Tiger said:

For Memories per chapter I made a hope-not-too spoilery list:

FYI to anyone that may follow the above guide, by my count (unless I'm missing something) there are only got 32 memories.  4 memories are not listed.  

• 2 weeks later...

@bdjn15 @stupid0089 @Dayngls @Paper_Tiger @Lauchmeister

So does it mean, that current patch (1.17) broke the memories counter and:

I Remember
Triggered all memories

Can't be achieved, since you got stuck at 34/36?

I see 11 Players atm (including all of you guys mentioned above) stuck at 97% since...30th of Nov...

Damn,I just started this game, since wanted this plat as a milestone and seems that my plan is ruined...

OR 1.17 is the patch fixing it already? (but I highly doubt)...

Edited by Smashero

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

@bdjn15 @stupid0089 @Dayngls @Paper_Tiger @Lauchmeister

So does it mean, that current patch (1.17) broke the memories counter and:

I Remember
Triggered all memories

Can't be achieved, since you got stuck at 34/36?

I see 11 Players atm (including all of you guys mentioned above) stuck at 97% since...30th of Nov...

Damn,I just started this game, since wanted this plat as a milestone and seems that my plan is ruined...

OR 1.17 is the patch fixing it already? (but I highly doubt)...

I don't think it was the patch that broke it, although I can't definitively say what did either.  It seems to work for some and not for other because other have earned the all memories trophy i finished the game and it unlocked for them just fine.  I tried playing the game on two systems (old brick & new slim) to see if that would work and tried buying the EU version of the game, neither worked for me.  I may try playing it on an alt account to see if that works.  I was in contact with Mooneye on twitter and they were responding for awhile but now have been quiet for about a week, hoping that means they are working on a patch to fix it!

Edited by stupid0089
more info
  • Like 1

I was hoping to answer earlier but ran into a bug. I wrote a long butt response in which I explained that I have replayed the game (EU PSN download) on 1.17 and also detailed what all I tried to get around the glitched memories counter (deleting both entries of save data, deleting the game, playing offline because the game connects to servers and retrieves some of your old data, trying different game language, system language and rushing through the game twice while only picking up memories) but the forums decided not to cooperate and delete my post ੧(❛〜❛✿)੭

So let me sum it up: whatever is causing the “34/36 memories” issue for only a small handful of users on PS4 and Steam, it is not fixed on 1.17.

Here’s a very small light of Christmas hope: on their own discord server (mooneye server), the devs responded on Dec 5 that they were able to reproduce the issue and that they are hoping to work on a fix. This very topic describing the bug was linked on their discord. On Dec 10, when a Steam user explained having run into a similar issue (34/36 memories), the devs alluded to working on a fix that may possibly be related to the glitched memory counter. 

Edited by Fenrirfeather
  • Like 2

On 12/5/2019 at 0:53 PM, Paper_Tiger said:

... cut ...

Throne Room (Glitched for me)

... cut ...

Well I just reached this particular one in Chapter 4 while on 1.17 and I did a back up save just before collecting it.

I have currently 21/36 (so it seems that all available so far) and after watching this one I noticed that right after it ended, save icon in the bottom right corner didn't appear (so far it appeared everytime I finished watching/skipped a memory) and now when I am checking my save file status is still 21/36... Bummer...

While waiting for potential patch I will try to utilize the method for "downgrading" the game (https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/67810-guide-how-to-get-100-digital-games/).

Will keep you informed about the results (if it will work of course).

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, stupid0089 said:

Just received word from Mooneye on twitter that they have officially fixed and tested to work on steam and they are preparing the patch for other platforms now as well!!

Great news! Just wondering how long it will take them... Having in mind X-mas period, New Year... January the 6th -> "Ops! We forgot!  Sorry for the delay!" :/

(Of course wishing that's not the case).

Because the downgrade method... Do not work...

(So far...)

But at least I got some nice info :P.

You know why this game weights ~15GB?

Because: the original game is 8.4 GB, but the 1.17 patch weights 6.4 GB and it is somehow combined like that -> you can't install the original unpatched game only.

1.17 patch has to be also downloaded in order to Install process starts..

Unless somebody knows method how to "force" original unpatched to install?

Edited by Smashero

As of writing this, update 1.19 (approx. 522MB) is available for download (EU PSN)!

Notes in Update History say this:

- Christmas Mode! Activate the Christmas mode from Special menu

- fixed some trophies that weren’t triggered correctly

- fixed missing fallen hero and credit names

- fixed various minor bugs

I want to make P5 my trophy milestone #1000, hence I will not be available to test if the 1.19 update is the one that already fixes the 34/36 memories bug. To all happy Guinea Pigs to test this new patch: you are much appreciated | ˵ ・ (●●) ・ ˵ |

Edited by Fenrirfeather
Help, I can’t spell!

1 hour ago, Fenrirfeather said:

As of writing this, update 1.19 (approx. 522MB) is available for download (EU PSN)!

Notes in Update History say this:

I want to make P5 my trophy milestone #1000, hence I will not be available to test if the 1.19 update is the one that already fixes the 34/36 memories bug. To all happy Guinea Pigs to test this new patch: you are much appreciated | ˵ ・ (●●) ・ ˵ |

THANKS FOR THE INFO!

I can confirm:

giphy.gif

Just loaded my back up save,collected the memo and I have 22!

• Like 1