den-69

Motion sickness

10 posts in this topic

Anyone else had bad motion sickness with this game? I can't really go around corners without feeling like my head is floating weirdly. I only managed to play for about 5-10 minutes last time before I had sweats. Anyone managed to get over the motion sickness as I would like to play the game more.

Sometimes it happens.  I just use Sea-Bands for these type of games.  They are cheap and you can pick them up at any drug store.

If you won't be able to overcome sickness, you can play it like a normal game on your tv. Put your headset in front of camera and cover the sensor with anything, can be a tissue for example. That's how I earned platinum.

havent tried this game but was playing vr worlds earlier. the one game within it you are in a mecha suit jumping rock to rock spinning around. ive literally been sick for about 8 hours now because of it. i almost threw up lol. i had to exit the game and give up. i felt like a boxer who was beaten badly. most of these vr games make me want to vomit. its because our brain thinks its being poisoned when our eyes think were moving yet our bodies are still.

the suggestion about the fan above is good, i actually always put the fan on because i get flushed pretty quick on most vr games

Driveclub VR is really and odd one for me, I played it once and didnt even finished a single lap before i felt like crap and had to lie down for a long while. But i can play stuff like Eve: Valkyrie or Wipeout VR for extended periods of time without issue.

You have to build it up. Start with 5-10 minutes sessions, then 15-20, 30, etc. etc. worked for me and some friends, after i did that i was able to play for hours.
Oh.. and if you crash just close your eyes.

On 1.12.2019 at 4:12 PM, alien713 said:

If you won't be able to overcome sickness, you can play it like a normal game on your tv. Put your headset in front of camera and cover the sensor with anything, can be a tissue for example. That's how I earned platinum.

Interesting. I did some tough stuff like Eagle Flight already, so motion sickness shouldn't be a general problem for me. But I heard that it is very bad in this game, even if you usually don't have it. 

On 01/12/2019 at 4:12 PM, alien713 said:

Sadly i have to do the same for this game.

I just fill sick after only 5 or 10 min ... making this platinum impossible by playing the normal way.

So i just put my VR on a chair in front of camera and cover sensor with a tissue, and i just play the game on TV like a not-VR game ^^'

I had to do the same for the space game in PS VR World, all the others mini games i could play for hours ... but the space one make me sick after 2 min xD

On 30.1.2020 at 3:42 PM, seblegamer said:

Sadly i have to do the same for this game.

I just fill sick after only 5 or 10 min ... making this platinum impossible by playing the normal way.

So i just put my VR on a chair in front of camera and cover sensor with a tissue, and i just play the game on TV like a not-VR game ^^'

I had to do the same for the space game in PS VR World, all the others mini games i could play for hours ... but the space one make me sick after 2 min xD

I have a fan/ventilator in front of me when playing VR games.

It helps tremendously against motion sickness, as it helps tricking your body that you are moving.