Martial Arts Master

Rodrister

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 9:36 PM, P-Low14 said:

Theres a video on YouTube by Timeless soulja, that might help

I'm also struggling with this trophy. I watched the video and it's not really much help, it's kinda vague. 

I can't seem to find any information on the precise number of one-on-ones there are. 

On 1/1/2020 at 11:22 AM, pokeslob said:

I'm also struggling with this trophy. I watched the video and it's not really much help, it's kinda vague. 

I can't seem to find any information on the precise number of one-on-ones there are. 

You made it. Which one you were missing?

5 hours ago, Rodrister said:

You made it. Which one you were missing?

So I found this youtube video which was much more detailed, however some people are saying there is still a bug.

I noticed the trophy popped during my third time beating the final boss. This was after I had gone through and redid as many one-on-ones as I could think of, but the first two times I beat the final boss I preformed the final one-on-one twice (once mid-way through the battle and once at the end of the battle), but on my third and final fight I beat him up so quickly that it skipped the mid-battle one-on-one and I only triggered it to finish the match. 

so either:

a.) I was missing the distract (no. 2 in the video) and/or the 4-enemy (no. 9 in the video)

b.) There was a bug that voided the trophy if you preformed the mid-battle one-on-one.

I think the latter is unlikely but it's hard to say with how little information is available about this game (in any language). Either way, I'm really happy to have the platinum and I thoroughly enjoyed this game!

Edited by pokeslob
clarification
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, BEANO_BRFC said:

This fucking trophy is stupid. I've done every one in the video, and fought the boss god knows how many times yet it still won't trigger. Don't know what else to do. 

But, could you trigger the one on one on the last boss?

Sorry,  I just re read, you couldn't.

I don't remember his/her name but someone from here helped out with that one.

It's in the roof, after the Boss do the attack and goes to the roof you have to go there and attack him, it's not a timing thing like with the random enemies where you have to wait and counter, after you do that the One on one is triggered.

Edited by GoldenShaka

20 minutes ago, BEANO_BRFC said:

Triggered it both times every time I fought him and still nothing. 

Then you are missing one of the sequences on the random enemies, remember that almost every enemy has an animation.

What I did was, went to the temple where you have many types of enemies and not just the trolls and did some re runs, just in case, then I went to the sequence previous to the last boss and did the doubles, triples and quadruples. 

In that part try to do as much One on one as you can, not just the doubles, triples and quadruples.

Edit: there is more than 1 animation for triple,  hmm not sure quadruple.

Edited by GoldenShaka

10 minutes ago, BEANO_BRFC said:

By quads and triples do you mean the swings taking out enemies. Also did you get the trophy with 1.02 patch installed? 

I got the trophy on Oct 20th, no idea when the patch was released.

Double: you defeat two enemies in the animation. Triple: 3. Quadruple: 4

You can see examples close to the end of the video that is mentioned here in the tread (5th post)

Edited by GoldenShaka

47 minutes ago, BEANO_BRFC said:

Finally got the trophy and didn't even do the quad kill before the boss. So even after unlocking the trophy I'm still confused what is actually needed for it. 

It's every sequence for the trophy,  you probably did the quad already and you didn't notice it.

• 1 month later...

So, I am not having any luck with this Martial Arts Master trophy and it’s my last one before the platinum. I’ve been to the Tri-Star Shrine numerous times, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game, I’ve deleted the patch file and attempted to get the trophy on ver. 1.0.0 and so far nothing has worked. Does anyone have any concrete advice on how to get this trophy? 

• 2 weeks later...

I won the trophy by watching the video "pokeslob" gave me.

Because I don't remember seeing the eighth motion of the image, I went to the same location and did it.

The trophy pops up in the first duel with the last boss.

The four-man duel had not been carried out. It may have been carried out unconsciously

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2020 at 6:28 PM, pokeslob said:

So I found this youtube video which was much more detailed, however some people are saying there is still a bug.

I noticed the trophy popped during my third time beating the final boss. This was after I had gone through and redid as many one-on-ones as I could think of, but the first two times I beat the final boss I preformed the final one-on-one twice (once mid-way through the battle and once at the end of the battle), but on my third and final fight I beat him up so quickly that it skipped the mid-battle one-on-one and I only triggered it to finish the match. 

so either:

a.) I was missing the distract (no. 2 in the video) and/or the 4-enemy (no. 9 in the video)

b.) There was a bug that voided the trophy if you preformed the mid-battle one-on-one.

I think the latter is unlikely but it's hard to say with how little information is available about this game (in any language). Either way, I'm really happy to have the platinum and I thoroughly enjoyed this game!

I think somehow using the one on one twice in the battle negates the trophy? I was having the same issues as everyone else. I gave it one more try. When given the first chance to use the one on one, I just spammed the fire spell, which skipped it. Then the second time around I did the one on one and the trophy popped.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm done. I give up this buggy trophy. I've done again the same one-on-one moves, also the 2 triples, and saved the game. Continued and did the quadruple and the "last one" on the boss but nothing happens. Did the same thing with 1.00 and 1.02 version of the game.

For who will try it, good luck :)

• Like 1

@RafaelBCastro Don’t give up. I was really at my wits end months ago and almost gave up when the trophy somehow magically popped. I don’t have any concrete info on how to make it happen other than I played through the temple multiple, multiple times. I wouldn’t recommend trying a lot in one day as it’ll start getting boring and irritating, but maybe try once every few days just to see if you can get it to pop. Hope you get it pal. Good luck. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CeruleanEmerald said:

@RafaelBCastro Don’t give up. I was really at my wits end months ago and almost gave up when the trophy somehow magically popped. I don’t have any concrete info on how to make it happen other than I played through the temple multiple, multiple times. I wouldn’t recommend trying a lot in one day as it’ll start getting boring and irritating, but maybe try once every few days just to see if you can get it to pop. Hope you get it pal. Good luck. 

The quadruple combo you could only get at the boss's minions? I've made all the moves on temple and saved the game, then restarted all over every time I killed the boss

1 hour ago, RafaelBCastro said:

The quadruple combo you could only get at the boss's minions? I've made all the moves on temple and saved the game, then restarted all over every time I killed the boss

I see. Damn, I’m really stumped. I guess I can’t really do much then. As I said before, I just played the temple over and over and then did the final boss over and over for like three days. I even tried the trick someone said about uninstalling the game and reinstalling it without the patch. I don’t know if that had any effect or not though. I was so frustrated not only at the game, but at other stuff going on in life at the time that I don’t remember what all I did to try and make this trophy pop. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After trying to get this trophy for 4 days I finally managed to get it.  There are a few things that I tried over the last run that may help.

1. Multiple enemy types in one-on-one animations (i.e. ninja monkeys and trolls and different troll variants)
  2. Purge attacks may count toward this trophy? (The hardest one for me was the lizard's jump attack)
  3. multiple 3v1 and 4v1 animations (Managed to get 2 4v1 and multiple 3v1 during final troll onslaught)
  4. got all of the failure and draw animations for each enemy one-on-one
  5. Skipped the first final boss one-on-one prompt by letting him land the attack

I hope that this helps in some way.  Not sure exactly what I did except rerun the TriStar Shrine multiple times, saving, and fighting the final boss repeatedly.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 1:18 AM, WatertownsFinest said:

i have no idea why this isn't popping for me, did a 1v2, 1v3, and 1v4 right before boss and nothing pops

Did you get the Final Boss 1v1? The current rumor is that you need to skip the first 1v1 against the Final Boss and only do the second 1v1

Spoiler

when he flies into the air and goes toward the top of the temple.

Also I believe there are multiple one-on-ones for the 1v3 and 1v4.  It took me a lot of attempts through the TriStar Tower and doing the final battle for this to pop.  When I did i had gotten two different 1v4s right before the boss. 

• 2 months later...