Nominations for Guide with Exceptional Formatting:

• God of War - 100% Trophy Walkthrough - 3
  • Persona 5 - Complete 100% Walkthrough - 2
  • Far Cry 2 Trophy Guide - 1
  • Bloodstained Definitive Collectible Guide - 1
  • Tokyo Xanadu Collectibles Guide - 1
  • Pillars of Eternity Complete Edition - 1
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2 Trophy Guide - 1
  • Atelier Lydie & Suelle The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings Trophy Guide - 1
  • Bullet Girls Phantasia Trophy Guide - 1
  • Hollow Knight Trophy Walkthrough - 1
  • Catherine Full Body Trophy Guide - 1
  • Crypt of the NecroDancer Boss Guide - 1
  • Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Guide - 1
  • Resident Evil 2 Trophy Guide (By angelbless45) - 1

Nominations for Niche/Indie Game Guides:

• Ikaruga Trophy Guide - 5
  • Onimusha Warlords Trophy Guide - 2
  • Pantsu Hunter Game Guide - 1
  • Beat Cop Trophy Guide - 1
  • North Trophy Guide - 1
  • Outer Wilds Trophy Guide - 1
  • Rain World Trophy Guide - 1
  • Habroxia Trophy Guide - 1

Imported Game Guides:

• Bullet Girls Phantasia Trophy Guide - 4
  • Phantasy Star Online 2 Trophy Guide - 2
  • Dead or School Trophy Guide - 2
  • Phantasy Star Nova Trophy Guide - 1
  • Present for You Trophy Guide - 1

Additional Notes:

Spoiler
  • Velvet and Deadman197 voted the RE2 Ultimate Survival guide as a DLC guide but has been moved to a gameplay guide.
  • HusKy & ObsiEez changed their walkthrough guide votes from Persona to Woven & Dying Light Bozak Horde, respectively.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I haven't used many newer guides but I remember opening the Persona 5 guide and remembering how freaking insane it was, from day to day walkthroughs it was insane.  

Exceptional Walkthrough Guide: Persona 5 - Complete 100% Walkthrough.

Thanks for nominating! When you're able to, you'll also want to say what your guide of the year was (Any guide from any list is eligible for this, including the one you mentioned) and try to nominate a total of 3 categories and you should be good to go :P 

• Like 1

A big congrats to everyone who contributed this year, as someone who did I know how much effort and time go into writing even a small guide! 

Guide of the Year - Death Stranding Trophy Guide

For a game that can be an insane post-story grind, this guide did a fantastic job breaking down each step into manageable chunks so as not to lose momentum. Very well written and is already being utilized!

Gameplay Guide - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Definitive Collectible Guide

Bloodstained has a LOT of collectibles. I felt hopelessly lost at the beginning of the game, seriously considering if I COULD get them all. This guide simplified the process immensely and made checking off each item kind of fun!

Walkthrough Guide - Hollow Knight - Trophy Walkthrough

The allure of any metroidvania is the interconnected levels (also Dark Souls). Hollow Knight was really tricky for me to wrap my mind around, but this guide does a fantastic job segmenting Hollownest into areas and taking the time to allow for mistakes and player errors. I never felt rushed or lost when using this guide!

Niche/Indie Game Guide - North Trophy Guide

What an obtuse, difficult game. Not only is it broken and challenging to even get the trophies to pop, the game is really hard to keep playing. It's only listed as an hour for 100%, but I felt more burned out playing North than any other small game. It took a lot of willpower for me to even want to finish it, but this guide made the process a little less painful :)

• Like 3

My nomination for guide of the year was determined as soon as the guide was published. Having reviewed the excellent quality of some of the other guides nominated it seems like it's been a phenomenal year in terms of quality and commitment to helping out the trophy hunting community. Nominations as follows:

Exceptional Walkthrough Guide: Persona 5 100% Walkthrough

Phenomenal guide in terms of detail and content all excellently formatted in a simple to use manner. Unfortunately I didn't get to use this in my playthrough and I  needed to play with 5+ other browsers open throughout to make sure nothing was missed. Seeing a step by step walkthrough and reading into the detail on a        100+ hour game was frankly staggering.

Exceptional Gameplay Guide: Crypt of the Necrodancer - Ultimate Boss Guide

Not only does this guide give the basic strategies to help beat the bosses in one of the hardest games on the PS4, it covers in depth strategies for all different kinds of scenarios. Add to this the brilliant use of original screenshots and videos in a very well formatted guide and there is more content here than in most platinum walkthroughs.

Exceptional Use of Formatting: Hollow Knight Trophy Walkthrough

Beautiful guide with excellent use of original content along with what looks like original use of fonts and excellent layout throughout. Will eventually play this game to make use of this guide.

Exceptional Use of Original Content: Crypt Of The Necrodancer Trophy Guide

What do you do when you're one of only 10 people to have obtained the platinum trophy of one of the hardest games in existence? Add a tonne of screenshots, videos you've captured yourself along with in-depth strategies and detail. This is a 900+ hour platinum and putting this guide together must have taken another couple of hundred more.

Guide of the Yea: Crypt Of The Necrodancer Trophy Guide

This guide is an absolutely stunning piece of work. The author could have easily have written a very simple guide with some high level strategies a 10th of the size and would have gotten a lot of kudos just for achieving the platinum. But no, this is a hugely in-depth guide which is brilliantly formatted with all original content. To top this off it has a companion guide just focusing purely on the bosses. All this for a game which is extremely niche and will appeal to a handful of sadists who want to attempt this. Unlike the Hollow Knight guide this does not make me want to play the game, it reinforces just how difficult this game is. Despite this I read both guides word for work out of some form of morbid curiosity.

The publishers of the game should be thanking the author as I would not be surprised if sales of the game saw an uplift of sales after a few brave souls attempted this platinum after being inspired by this guide. To see what an achievement this guide is watch this speedrun by SpootyBiscuit and then read the guide to understand what the hell is going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-l9V8G97RU

• Like 4

I have never posted on the forums before (only lurked). But the Persona 5 100% guide was so damn good, I had to put in a nomination for it. In doing so it really made me think about the solid guides I've been using this year.

Guide of the Year: Persona 5 - Complete 100% Walkthrough

This guide was so incredibly detailed and well structured. The daunting nature of such a massive game and having a non-spoiler (unless you were to read ahead) walkthrough was an impressive feat.

Exceptional Walkthrough Guide: Persona 5 - Complete 100% Walkthrough

The fact that the writers of this guide knew the exact times to most efficiently complete each task showed a love that was impressive. 

Exceptional Use of Formatting: Catherine: Full Body Edition - Trophy Guide

This guide is structured for fantastically for completing each of this games 14 or so ending. I'm currently using this guide and it has been really easy to find the information I need.

Exceptional Use of Original Content: God of War - 100% Trophy Walkthrough

This guide has so many screenshots for all the collectables that can be indeed really hard to spot/find. A lot of time went into making all these images and editing where necessary.

• Like 2

Exceptional Walkthrough Guide - Persona 5 - Complete 100% Walkthrough

I used this walkthrough guide recently and it's incredible.  The level of detail within the guide, it is clear that the guide author put a lot of care and thought into this, not to mention the time it would have taken them experimenting with the game to find the optimal route.  The layout is perfect too and makes everything easy to find and reference.

Exceptional DLC Guide - Final Fantasy XV Episode Ardyn DLC Trophy Guide

The way this guide is written is amazing, sometimes I feel daunted when reading trophy guides but this is so well written and provides strategies in such an easy to understand way.  I really enjoyed following along and using all the advice given for Return of the Founder King trophy.  All the information made it easy to complete the DLC in one playthrough

Exceptional Niche Game Guide - Outer Wilds Trophy Guide

This one I actually played on Xbox so it's not on my PSN profile (yet!!) The game itself follows a 22 minute time loop, so sometimes time management is key to obtaining the trophies.  The guide does an amazing job at providing in depth information on how to achieve the trophies - especially Beginner's Luck which is one of the hardest trophies in the game.  I love how the author has also included their own videos, makes me appreciate more the time and effort they have put into this guide

Exceptional Use of Original Content - Hollow Knight Trophy Walkthrough

Hollow Knight is one of those games where there is no one set route to take, but the fact that the author here has spent time working out not only an optimal route but providing maps that they have customized themselves, is amazing.  I love that they have also used their own videos for each of the sections too.  The amount of time that goes into a guide, to add all that original content, you can see that the author clearly cares about the quality they are producing.

• Like 2

I think it would be a nice idea to not only nominate guides but also mention 1 other forum-goer to cast their nominations with the goal of getting more submissions.

I have posted my submissions above and I'm picking @Mori to cast his nominations and to choose 1 other person. Go! :)

• Like 3